Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperiorXI

They have their whole squad for that, they need someone who is going to offer them something different. Unfortunately Haaland gives them exactly what they need. He's gonna score a boat load of goals. The hope is he doesn't stay for more than 4 years before fecking off to Madrid and/or has injury problems which feck him over, otherwise he's gonna smash it with them IMO.
There is a chance he could upset the apple cart. I feel like with City's team especially, everyone needs to be singing from the same hymn sheet or it goes to shit. It's no coincidence that Pep has fallen out with players such as Eto and Ibrahimovic I think.

SteveTheRed

Calm down, it's only the Bundesliga. So many of their "top players" (remember Mkhi?) fizzled out when they moved to other higher quality leagues (Jovic top striker now not even good enough for Real Madrid B Team).
Bundesliga tax.
Let's be real. He is a massive talent, every club in the world is after. It's not a bad record in Champions League either so he has done it against non-German sides.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His record in the CL is even better than in the league, isn't it?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Let's be real. He is a massive talent, every club in the world is after. It's not a bad record in Champions League either so he has done it against non-German sides.
I'm just kidding mate. He's a star.

Wilt

Arguably he’ll be surrounded by the best supporting cast in European football ….he can’t fail.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Calm down, it's only the Bundesliga. So many of their "top players" (remember Mkhi?) fizzled out when they moved to other higher quality leagues (Jovic top striker now not even good enough for Real Madrid B Team, Time Werner, etc).
23 goals and 3 assists in 19 CL games (minutes wise he has played the equivalent of 16 games). Do share similar stats for Mkhi, Jovic and Time Werner if you think that’s normal for Bundesliga players.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There is a chance he could upset the apple cart. I feel like with City's team especially, everyone needs to be singing from the same hymn sheet or it goes to shit. It's no coincidence that Pep has fallen out with players such as Eto and Ibrahimovic I think.
Eto'o still played fantastically while he was there. Ibra was second fiddle to Messi so that's why he didn't pan out. Haaland to City is different, it's a clear position of need and he's not really taking anyone's position, as they rotate to try and get someone to work properly there. Afraid it's wishful thinking that it won't work out pretty seemlessly. He's going into the most defined and consistent footballing system in the world, one which creates more chances than any other club in the world and just lack a player who actually runs in behind and who has pace and power in attack. It's an easy box ticked.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Calm down, it's only the Bundesliga. So many of their "top players" (remember Mkhi?) fizzled out when they moved to other higher quality leagues (Jovic top striker now not even good enough for Real Madrid B Team, Time Werner, etc).
Fewest appearances to reach 20 UEFA Champions League goals

14: Erling Haaland (09/03/21)
24: Harry Kane (26/11/19)
26: Alessandro Del Piero (15/04/98)
27: Ruud van Nistelrooy (24/09/02)
28: Filippo Inzaghi (24/09/02)
32: Mario Gomez (13/03/12)
33: Rivaldo (10/10/01)
33: Jardel (12/09/00)
34: Karim Benzema (27/09/11)
35: Marco Simone (07/11/00)

His record against Bayern Munchen is a less impressive 5 goals in 7 appearances against one of the weaker teams in Europe. Bayern is obviously known for not being able to deal with mighty English teams.

The Premier League gets put on such a enormous pedestal when comparing against other leagues, yet the only competion in Europe English teams can win seem to be the Champions League with Liverpool and City as a runner up. So 2 teams that are far, far ahead of everyone else - and Haaland is about to sign for one of them.

English footballer export is lesser simply beacause of the way the Premier League is a financial end-desitination for most professional footballers, but the list of English players who left to join other leagues and failed to make an impact is also significant. The type of football you play and you are used to plays a big role in how you might be able to adapt.

Bruno Fernandes was a player who was one of the best in the Portugese league, and he came to the Premier League and immediately became a Ballon D`or candidate, single handedly carrying the team for a season and half.

Roberto Firmino, Heung-Min Son, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, and Kevin De Bruyne are all players bought from the Bundesliga, just to name a small handful who came from "just the bundesliga". KDB as you may have noticed, is half decent.

But on a more related note: Haaland is going to city, so he is dead to me. So is anyone at the club that passed on the chance to sign him in 2016 when the club was notified about him by the then Molde manager.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
To be honest while it's a big statement signing I can't see it changing much in the grand scheme.

They'll just win 6-0 now instead of 5-0.

Real Name

Tomorrow Pep will again cry how nobody acknowledges enormous work they put in and everybody talks only about the money.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I know he'd perhaps not suit them, but id be much more fecking worried if hed joined Liverpool than City.

With or without him, itll still be a tight race between them and lpool. So will he be the incredible game changing signing? Not sure

Kaushal

:lol: how many goals is he scoring next season? just so I can mark your words.
:D Oh he will score goals but at the detriment of their fluidity and their interchanging passing and build up play. 20-25 goals I predict. He isn’t going to score 40-50 goals as people are fearing. But the main point is doesn’t matter how many he scores he wont fit their style of play and even if he scores bucket loads it would come at a cost.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:D Oh he will score goals but at the detriment of their fluidity and their interchanging passing and build up play. 20-25 goals I predict. He isn’t going to score 40-50 goals as people are fearing. But the main point is doesn’t matter how many he scores he wont fit their style of play and even if he scores bucket loads it would come at a cost.
Not many strikers hit more than 30 goals a season in England.

I'm not really sure subbing out Gabriel Jesus and replacing him with Haaland is going to effect them too badly. The other 9 players can more than make up for the build up play.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Stunning player, stunning signing, will be like their new prime Aguero, unfortunately.

Tavern in the town

Would be awful if his recurring injuries meant he missed a chunk of games throughout his time at City and they suffered as a result. Not the sort of thing you want to see happen in the game.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Not sure how Madrid managed to feck this up and may not get mbappe either
There is no f-up here. Haaland was never a priority as big as Mbappe and honestly doesn't fit us well. Mbappe 'may' $tay back for 2 more years in P$G but nothing i$ confirmed. Even if we don't get any of these players I'm confident that we'll at least remain competitive in La Liga.

mu4c_20le

Could've been worse. We could've signed him with the release clause and then watch him move over to our neighbours.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
honestly not really bothered about this, they’re already dominant anyway it’ll just make them a little more dominant.

troylocker

To be honest while it's a big statement signing I can't see it changing much in the grand scheme.

Do you really not think he will improve them in the big games? He will, he lives for those games.

Tavern in the town

He’ll certainly change things in the CL. If you look at their CL exits they usually miss a glut of chances - Sterling open goal vs Lyon, Grealish 2 sitters the other week, created a ton in the 2nd leg vs Liverpool etc. There’s not many weaknesses in that team but a ruthless finisher is definitely one.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Excellent! Makes it even harder for Liverpool to win the league next season

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He's too damn big to be that damn fast, I reckon he'll have knee/ankle problems by the time he's 26/27, just about the time for City to sell him for a tidy profit.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Excellent! Makes it even harder for Liverpool to win the league next season
Could also flop as he is not a ticky tacka player against low blocks or a player who press a lot.. If they sell Jesus, and Haaland flops Liverpool could walk the league. Highly unlikely though as Haaland is world class.

Status
Not open for further replies.