Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matriac

Time will tell if he can be as good as R9 but fair to say that he is a higher calibre to Lukaku even at this early stage of his career.

BTW does it bother anyone that if we sign Haaland, we may be effectively shutting doors on Mason. Not immediate or but in the next 2-3 years, Mason will expect to play

We are able to field Martial and Cavani reasonably often with all the matches we usually have.

If we get Haaland this summer with Cavani staying another year then Cavani starts but Haaland quickly taking the starting spot in the fall, with Greenwood as an additional backup for CF off the bench while also featuring off RW with Diallo.

Martial fighting with Rashford for starting LW while also maybe playing more central in some games (and up to him if he wants to fight for the spot(s) or move to another club).

Get in another RW like Sancho or similar this or the next summer to alternate with Diallo leaving Greenwood to alternate with Haaland for CF when Cavani is going.

For balance sake you'd think that getting that RW this summer and Haaland next when Cavani is gone seems better, but I would love for Haaland to get a year together with Cavani training and learning.

James and Pellistri have to kick on to beat out any of those wings for an alternating spot, maybe easier for them if Martial decides to move somewhere he can play more regular in CF role. If they can't beat any of them within 2-3 seasons then consider if they should move clubs.

Himannv

Unpopular opinion: We won't sign him. From what I've read, he wants to be like Zlatan and play for many clubs. He's not a one club man, hence the low buyout clause in his contract. United will back off if he wants that sort of contract as that's not the profile of player we are looking for. We'll stay on the Greenwood train probably.

Cloud7

Unpopular opinion: We won't sign him. From what I've read, he wants to be like Zlatan and play for many clubs. He's not a one club man, hence the low buyout clause in his contract. United will back off if he wants that sort of contract as that's not the profile of player we are looking for. We'll stay on the Greenwood train probably.
I would hope the club don’t take that view on him. Even if he doesn’t want to be a one club man, if we get him for 3 years, he scores 100 goals for us and then moves on after this, I don’t see that as being a problem. Not every player needs to spend their entire career here.

Himannv

I would hope the club don’t take that view on him. Even if he doesn’t want to be a one club man, if we get him for 3 years, he scores 100 goals for us and then moves on after this, I don’t see that as being a problem. Not every player needs to spend their entire career here.
We've already taken that view once so I don't see anything changing. What will probably change our minds is if he actually commits to staying here or if he at least has a bigger release clause in his contract.

Water Melon

I doubt Erling will want to play for United under Solskjaer. He can pick literally any club any manager to play for. If we were still the old United under SAF then he would probably consider us seriously.

mu4c_20le

I haven't read anything about that but got similar vibes from him, so that's interesting. We will probably push for Sancho again, and hopefully keep an eye on the Spurs situation should there be an opportunity for Kane.

I doubt Erling will want to play for United under Solskjaer.
Solskjaer is our biggest pull in getting Haaland. Haaland loved working with Ole, and Ole did a tremendous job developing his skills. A skinny boy with poor finishing skills arrived at Molde. A monster with top class finishing left Molde two years later. If he signs for us, it's because Ole is the Manager.

Bwuk

He’s the best striker in the world.

I’d rather spend our whole budget on him than buy 2 or 3.

Sanche7

Imagine him with Pogba/Grealish, Bruno and Sancho supplying him
Like all great strikers, he makes and scores the goals. With quality players supplying him, he would be unstoppable

croadyman

He’s the best striker in the world.

I’d rather spend our whole budget on him than buy 2 or 3.
Hard to argue with that to be fair but still don't see both him & Sancho leaving this summer

LuckyScout78

Top guts and determination. Drive and energy. You need it at top level.

No room for 98,6775 % determination. If i am your head coach. I demand it. 100 % determination. In everything you are doing in the pitch. With and without the ball. Do it 100%

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Solskjaer is our biggest pull in getting Haaland. Haaland loved working with Ole, and Ole did a tremendous job developing his skills. A skinny boy with poor finishing skills arrived at Molde. A monster with top class finishing left Molde two years later. If he signs for us, it's because Ole is the Manager.
So why did he choose Dortmunt over us. And no I don't believe he wanted to come here but we didn't want him because of a release clause.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's been superb and Dortmund in general have made a mockery of the Sevilla defence.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
So why did he choose Dortmunt over us. And no I don't believe he wanted to come here but we didn't want him because of a release clause.
No one will really know the answer unless it comes out of the horse's mouth. If the problem was a release clause, I can respect that, but I think it's a short-sighted view. You'd still get incredible goal-scoring services, and a profit to boot on the sale. It's solely an ego-based decision to turn down a player of his calibre because of a release clause, and ego-based decision usually don't work out for anybody.

macheda14

I mean those are the widely reported reasons. So I don’t think anyone else can give you much else.

‘Why do ships disappear over the horizon? And no I’d not believe the earth is round’

croadyman

If Dortmund go on to win this tie I would be interested to see him against that City defence

Okey

Get Haaland. Whatever it takes. We become a fearsome unit with this guy, and Bruno playing those maverick balls. I'll borrow to spend a fortune on him. The payback should be immense.

Roboc7

Might have a point if he hadn’t already turned us down when Ole was manager. I imagine Haaland is going to have a few big moves, one may be to Utd at some point.

Magz

18 goals in 13 CL matches. Unbelievable.

A goal every 52,5 minute..

croadyman

Get Haaland. Whatever it takes. We become a fearsome unit with this guy, and Bruno playing those maverick balls. I'll borrow to spend a fortune on him. The payback should be immense.
Yeah those two would be deadly but despite how brilliant he is Utd won't spend £100m+ this summer on him

Monkey bus

Yeah those two would be deadly but despite how brilliant he is Utd won't spend £100m+ this summer on him
I’m not sure I agree with that. Seems a no brainier to break the bank if you have to. You’re not going to lose money on him if he doesn’t want to commit long term and have to sell him on.

The guys an absolute beast.

Roboc7

In January 2020, everyone thought Ole was on his last days as a United manager. So did the Haalands. They didn't reject united because of Ole being the manager.
He didn’t sign because he didn’t want to, not Ole’s fault but Ole being here wasn’t enough for him to join.

It’s a shame we missed out on him and Bellingham but they both wanted to go to Dortmund, it was widely reported before both transfers that they were going to Dortmund.

Adcuth

Haaland​

Rashford Bruno Greenwood

That can dominate for years. A CB and and DM and were set.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I think he's only available to the truly elite clubs now. We're not in the bracket currently, even if we qualify for the CL.

Add in that disgusting pig being his agent and it makes it all the more unlikely.

Polar

Watched Haaland tonight. Almost Speechless :eek: Reminds me off prime time Ronaldo the Old.

We should go all in for him! Don’t care if we almost get bankrupt and won’t be able to buy new players the next years.

He is worth >100m even in today’s market. If we get him for 100m it’s a scoop.

Last edited:

croadyman

Watched Haaland tonight. Speechless :eek: We should go all in for him! Don’t care if we almost
get bankrupt and won’t be able to buy new players the next years.
Yeah those two goals in first half said it all, the clinical finishing would win any team he joined so many points

NYAS

I think he's only available to the truly elite clubs now. We're not in the bracket currently, even if we qualify for the CL.

Add in that disgusting pig being his agent and it makes it all the more unlikely.
Who would you say is in that bracket currently?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Watched Haaland tonight. Speechless :eek: We should go all in for him! Don’t care if we almost
get bankrupt and won’t be able to buy new players the next years.

He reminds me off prime time Ronaldo the Old.
Reminds me a lot of Lewandowski honestly than Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.