Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Haaland fee is reportedly 68m next summer. His wages won't be an issue. We will 1 million percent be in for him. Whether he decides to join us is another thing.

He did meet with Ole 2 years ago with his Dad so the relationship is there. He also really gets on with Sancho.

We have a chance for sure. Cavani leaving summer 2022 will open up the door to a top forward coming in. We won't stick with just Greenwood/Martial.
I keep seeing people mention this. That’s the fee to Dortmund. He’s still a player who is going to be valued at 150m+ by clubs and all that release clause does is create a vacuum that will be filled by agent fees and signing on bonuses.

Nobody is getting Haaland on the cheap next summer “because of his release clause”.

Judas

Open to offers
I keep seeing people mention this. That’s the fee to Dortmund. He’s still a player who is going to be valued at 150m+ by clubs and all that release clause does is create a vacuum that will be filled by agent fees and signing on bonuses.

Nobody is getting Haaland on the cheap next summer “because of his release clause”.
Yep. All the other fees are likely to be even more obscene than if he left this summer.

romufc

Raiola works for Haaland, he doesn't own nor make decisions for Haaland's career and life mate. He can only advise him.

Raiola is a cnut, but he's really good at his job. If only because of his own personal feeling he'd advise Haaland against his best interests then he'd simply fail big time at the very basis of being a professional agent.

So my only worry is would United be the best option for him or not. Financially wise it shouldn't be a problem, so the issue is simply how we'd do in the PL and CL this season I think.
I agree with what you are saying but I think you are underestimating Raiola. De Ligt wanted to go to Barca, it was Raiola who took him to Juve.

It won't just be personal feelings, if we do not win anything this season, he will use that and Pogba as an example why not to chose United.

Obviously, what we do on the pitch matters more, if we challenge for UCL and PL then together with Ole, Sancho and money we can get him.

snk123

Of course it does mean that he's going to be "cheaper" than this year. If the fee to the club falls from 125+ to 68 then no matter how many add-ons you add, the overall price is still going to be significantly less than 150m. You think the agent is going to say to the buying club that because you're getting a discount of 50m, I should be getting 40m of that? I highly doubt it works that way.

OleBoiii

You think the agent is going to say to the buying club that because you're getting a discount of 50m, I should be getting 40m of that?
Under normal circumstances I'd agree, but then again we're talking about Raiola...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Of course it does mean that he's going to be "cheaper" than this year. If the fee to the club falls from 125+ to 68 then no matter how many add-ons you add, the overall price is still going to be significantly less than 150m. You think the agent is going to say to the buying club that because you're getting a discount of 50m, I should be getting 40m of that? I highly doubt it works that way.
Its basic economics. Haaland is a very sought after and rare commodity. Buying clubs know the value of these commodities and if there is competition for his signature, it doesn’t matter if the money is going to Dortmund, Raiola, Haaland himself or anyone else for that matter. The buying clubs will be prepared to pay his market value.

So if his release clause is 68m, all that does is limit Dortmund’s slice of the pie to 68m. Raiola will make sure that any club that wants him to sign will pay his market value and the rest of the pie will be shared out to the other stakeholders.

Do you think the likes of PSG will care that the fee to purchase him isn’t going to Dortmund?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You know that ole was his coach in Norway back in the day, right?
I do. That obviously helps too. But the fact he met with him around his transfer means he's definitely interested in working for him again surely?

Strelok

I agree with what you are saying but I think you are underestimating Raiola. De Ligt wanted to go to Barca, it was Raiola who took him to Juve.

It won't just be personal feelings, if we do not win anything this season, he will use that and Pogba as an example why not to chose United.

Obviously, what we do on the pitch matters more, if we challenge for UCL and PL then together with Ole, Sancho and money we can get him.
Tbh I don't know much about the De Ligt saga but from what I read it's actually quite sensible for De Ligt to choose Juve over Barcelona. More money, more possible first team minutes and a chance to learn from one of the best defenders in the world. He's till very young back then so imo it's quite logical if he chose Juve over Barcelona.

I've never heard anything about De Ligt wanted only Barcelona, it's more like it's simply one of his possible destinations I think. You have a source for the bold part mate? Would be interesting to read.

redrobed

The cnut was interviewed the other day, said his dream was to play for the dippers.
Did he actually call them dippers? What a way to endear himself to them and make them hate him at the same time. They don’t like that term. He’s probably just ruled out his dream move if so.

spiriticon

If City are targeting Kane, Chelsea going for Lukaku, this leaves us a free shot at him next year? :devil:

But Raiola though... ugh..

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Its basic economics. Haaland is a very sought after and rare commodity. Buying clubs know the value of these commodities and if there is competition for his signature, it doesn’t matter if the money is going to Dortmund, Raiola, Haaland himself or anyone else for that matter. The buying clubs will be prepared to pay his market value.

So if his release clause is 68m, all that does is limit Dortmund’s slice of the pie to 68m. Raiola will make sure that any club that wants him to sign will pay his market value and the rest of the pie will be shared out to the other stakeholders.

Do you think the likes of PSG will care that the fee to purchase him isn’t going to Dortmund?
So if Mbappe leaves for free then Madrid will pay his agent £150 million next season? Decent return…

samolocix

Supports
United
If City are targeting Kane, Chelsea going for Lukaku, this leaves us a free shot at him next year? :devil:

But Raiola though... ugh..
Raiola will take Pogba to Madrid or Paris and bring Haaland here.
Everybody happy and Mino will get shitload of money

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid don't have that kind of money, and even with those two they are still far from the best team in the world. They have a lot of work to do, their defense, midfield, everything needs an upgrade and injection of youth. I get there's an allure to Madrid, but it'd be a really dumb career move to go in the near future.
The bolded part is 100% true.

But it's also 100% true that young talented players who are finishing their contracts very soon in top European clubs would find a side with Mbappe and Haaland in it extremely attractive.

Don't take me wrong, I don't claim it is going to happen, I'm just adding my two cents in this conversation.

Skåre Willoch

As long as we have a good season, with deep runs in all competitions, I believe Haaland is a Manchester United player this time next year.

Written in the stars, etc.

Last edited:

Rojofiam

I think you missed what I was trying to say. I was pointing out how it makes no sense to call a player unambitious for joining Bayern or PSG (but ambitious for joining United) if they're two of the teams you consider better.
I meant that staying in the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 for most of his career (because these 2 teams wouldn't let him go if he becomes the best striker in the world) is pretty unambitious, don't you think? I can't imagine him not coming to the Premier League next summer and right now Chelsea and City are putting themselves out of the race by signing new strikers.

Lentwood

I'm delighted City are signing Kane and Chelsea appear to be going all out for Lukaku. It means neither think they can get Haaland.

With Barcelona and Madrid struggling financially, surely we've got to be front-runners to land him next season? Especially if we have a decent campaign this year

Heardy

I'm delighted City are signing Kane and Chelsea appear to be going all out for Lukaku. It means neither think they can get Haaland.

With Barcelona and Madrid struggling financially, surely we've got to be front-runners to land him next season? Especially if we have a decent campaign this year
*Bayern Munich enters the chat*

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
But he didn't turn us down, City were playing hardball over the compensation fee and rather he moved to Dortmund who weren't a domestic rival, so agreed a better deal with them.
He means Varane. He turned us down to join Madrid.

*Bayern Munich enters the chat*
Bayern won't pay the money, not a chance.

I can't see him wanting to stay there either, plus Lewandowski still has a few years left.

redshaw

De Ligt chose to go to Italy after a discussion with his family where they had a party with I think Italy, France and Spanish flags around the house representing the three possible destinations, they posted it on social media and it was posted in the De Ligt thread on here. Raiola advised him Juve/Italy is the university of defending.

It was the one saga Balague was spot on about the clubs involved and United not being one of them.

Last edited:

dinostar77

I wouldnt rule out either spainish giant. Madrid will want to pair up Mbappe and Haaland and Laporte is obsessed with bringing in a superstar for his term at the Nou Camp and is a big Haaland fan. 12 months is a long time and who knows what will happen.

Also for us alot depends on how Pogba situation plays out. If he leaves on a free no way the glazers will pay Riola £30mil comission for Haaland after he advised Pogba against signing a new deal at Utd.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
De Ligt chose to go to Italy after a discussion with his family where they had a party with I think Italy, France and Spanish flags around the house representing the three possible destinations, they posted it on social media and it was posted in the De Ligt thread on here. Raiola advised him Juve/Italy is the university of defending.

It was the one saga Balague was spot on about the clubs involved and United not being on of them.
To be fair I'm not sure we were ever that keen on him anyway. We went with Maguire which was the better choice IMO.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I wouldnt rule out either spainish giant. Madrid will want to pair up Mbappe and Haaland and Laporte is obsessed with bringing in a superstar for his term at the Nou Camp and is a big Haaland fan. 12 months is a long time and who knows what will happen.

Also for us alot depends on how Pogba situation plays out. If he leaves on a free no way the glazers will pay Riola £30mil comission for Haaland after he advised Pogba against signing a new deal at Utd.
I doubt anyone knows if it is Pogba or his agent's idea. Raiola works for Pogba, if Pogba want a move, his agent will do his job to make it happen. Also for Haaland, business is business. Nothing personal.

Giggsy13

Haaland or his father (not sure) have previously referenced their desire to play at a big historic club. That leaves us and the scousers in the PL, as well as Barca, Madrid or Bayern. I’m sure Juve would want to get in but not sure they could even afford him next season. The Ole connection, our previous interest, Sancho and a general consensus that we’re trending in the right direction gives us a very good shot at signing him next season.

zizou81

To join a club purely cuz of the manager relationship is a bit short sighted. Especially when managers come and go so frequently. Who knows if ole will last another year or two.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I believe he is very likely to go to Bayern.
He would be perfect as the Lewandowski heir, knows the language and the country, if memory serves he has spoken highly about Bayern in the past and Dortmund cannot do anything about where he goes next season.
Bayern also has shown multiple times before that they don't mind spending big on someone they have a lot of faith in, and Haaland is as good as they come.

I do see us as a good alternative, and with Raiola in his ear there is absolutely a chance for PSG or City. Psg would need a replacement for for Mbappe and City might not go all out for Kane.

Last edited:

seegoblu

I don't think the release clause will be an issue for any top club. The question is the agent/father's fees as well as his wages that pose a problem for almost everyone.

In La Liga, I think their salary caps will go up from this year's austerity levels, but not enough for a 300-500k/week salary to be added to either Real or Barca (frankly I'm not sure how Barca will be able to field a team this year given their salary cap) and the CVC investment won't make a material difference in those numbers.

PSG can obviously afford anyone (especially if Mbappe leaves), but would Haaland go to France, even if they are CL contenders?

Bayern? They have a history of taking the best players from the rest of the league, but I believe that usually works for German-born players and their current WC striker will still be under contract next year. Can they afford the release clause, the agent/dad fees and those massive wages?

Assuming Lukaku and Kane move as expected, it's really just United and Liverpool; Liverpool has never paid those sorts of wages to anyone and if they did, I think you can expect those players who just renewed/are signing long term renewals will want their wages revisited now that their wage scale would have been obliterated by Haaland.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
In La Liga, I think their salary caps will go up from this year's austerity levels, but not enough for a 300-500k/week salary to be added to either Real or Barca (frankly I'm not sure how Barca will be able to field a team this year given their salary cap) and the CVC investment won't make a material difference in those numbers.
Real have Marcelo, Isco, and Bale coming off the books next summer, which is more than a million per week just right there. They gave Alaba a stupid amount of money but that is more than offset by taking Varane and Ramos off the books. Overall, they have actually been much more responsible than Barcelona with salaries and contracts.

We need an rvn

Real have Marcelo, Isco, and Bale coming off the books next summer, which is more than a million per week just right there. They gave Alaba a stupid amount of money but that is more than offset by taking Varane and Ramos off the books. Overall, they have actually been much more responsible than Barcelona with salaries and contracts.
You say that (and yes, I agree more responsible than Barca), but how is it going to plan out when the current players' contracts are due for renewal and they have Alaba on €400k p/w and Haaland on who knows how much. Wage structures need to be in place and deals like the Alaba one are very dangerous - as we can see from our predicament with De Gea.

spaceboyRSA

I'm not going to disclose any sources and I have no way of verifying this but I've heard that
  • Haaland has a "gentleman's agreement" with United.
  • His agent is very keen to establish a relationship with United and after the Ibrahimovic deal, United are comfortable working with his agent.
  • Uniteds finance /sales teams are already estimating his impact on sales and costs on next years finances (the usual projections or 3-5 year plans that every company does).

CG1010

I'm not going to disclose any sources and I have no way of verifying this but I've heard that
  • Haaland has a "gentleman's agreement" with United.
  • His agent is very keen to establish a relationship with United and after the Ibrahimovic deal, United are comfortable working with his agent.
  • Uniteds finance /sales teams are already estimating his impact on sales and costs on next years finances (the usual projections or 3-5 year plans that every company does).
Not bad, you can follow a career of football journalist. The key is to throw in random details!

Edit: Just read the last page to realise that the credit should actually go to @Royal Madrid :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.