ETH: "We need new players and quality players. We will try and convince them to join." | Mirror: ETH believes FDJ will join Utd over Chelsea

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

I hope the crybabies at our club don't constitute this as manager throwing them under the bus :nervous:

But, the pressure is on the board to get few signings in next 2 weeks. So, what does the Caf think? How many will we sign and who?

Glorio

Reality dawns! Operation clean slate hopefully binned.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Yes. Ragnick was 100% right when he said we needed 10 or 11 new players.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Murtough is busy digging deep in Juventus skip.

Joseunited

I can see at least 4 outfield players coming in and a keeper to oust DDG.
Sentimentality needs to feck off, let's bring in players who are going to suit ETH's system

el3mel

Yeah, hopefully we can convince Rabiot to join us. Is Arnautovic still on the cards ?

Vapor trail

Well the club are supposedly trying to not overspend (having already done so for Martinez), I don't see how this is viable unless a Woodward approach is utilised throwing money at the first team relentlessly. United have made so much of the approach to spend big now it seems it's the only methodology that will rescue the season. Amazing that it took 180 mins of league experience for ETH to come to this realisation that the players are significantly below requirements.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Key word is 'quality' players. We need to aim several levels higher than the dross we've been desperately chasing for the past couple of weeks.

cyberman

I hope the crybabies at our club don't constitute this as manager throwing them under the bus :nervous:

But, the pressure is on the board to get few signings in next 2 weeks. So, what does the Caf think? How many will we sign and who?
Honestly believe that we collapsed last season because we had players playing that didn’t think they’d be kept under Ten Hag.
Now they’re playing like they don’t believe they should be there. Something has to give

fezzerUTD

My love for RR‘s 6 months of utter facts and call outs will never diminish.

Guapa

Gonna take a few windows I'm afraid,but he's not wrong.

De Gea
Dalot
Maguire
McTomminy
Fred
Rashford
Bruno
Sancho

All got to go

Castia

It’s looking like a major feck up getting rid of Ragnick. We needed him this summer.

What a mess.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
By convince them he means pay them insane wages right? The United way!

Where was this in all summer? Why does it take a trashing for this to happen? It's all passive at this club.

GazTheLegend

I can see at least 4 outfield players coming in and a keeper to oust DDG.
Sentimentality needs to feck off, let's bring in players who are going to suit ETH's system
This. It's about time we started seeing things as they are:. Our midfield is shit and our strikers seem to be done with our club. Fair enough - time to clean the slate.

Keeper is the elephant in the room here though. De Gea has been awful for a while now. 5 shots on target 4 goals against doesn't justify 250,000 a week. Need him to be stronger and better on the ball too.

Rolaholic

This was widely known months ago yet the absolute tossers in charge of the club thought that fact would somehow change after hiring a new scapegoat and telling the man with tangible experience with building up sides from the ground up to feck off...

Geniuses the lot of them

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Its going to be Rabiot and Arnautovic isn't it? After we are leaving this so late.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Honestly believe that we collapsed last season because we had players playing that didn’t think they’d be kept under Ten Hag.
Now they’re playing like they don’t believe they should be there. Something has to give
There was a tweet that said there was belief in the squad that some of the squad don't think they are good enough to be there and it shows.

We desperately need a keeper to put a light under De Gea's ass.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Why the feck have we waited until we've played 2 games and been spanked in each, until we have come to this conclusion?! ETH really needs to learn and quickly.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Yes. Rangnick was 100% right when he said we needed 10 or 11 new players.
Anyone that said any different after the last two years is mental.

We're at the point where this group of players will never be anything more than a group on massive wages.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
3 players, in all, I’d guess.

Probably Rabiot, a striker (someone average like Morata, or that Bundesliga tree), and another Eredivisie affiliate.

DeGea’sFeet

Sorry. But he insisted on De Jong for 3 months. Our starting 11 could have been greatly improved with De Jong viewed as the cherry on top next season.

No. Not saying this with hindsight, been saying it since early June.

Cloud7

Jokes and mocking them aside, we need a Barcelona type of summer where we really push the boat out and bring in a lot of new, quality players. Even if that limits what we can spend next summer, we need to raise the quality of this team now.

As for the argument about too much squad upheaval causing issues in the team, it literally can't get worse than it is right now

Castia

Gonna take a few windows I'm afraid,but he's not wrong.

De Gea
Dalot
Maguire
McTomminy
Fred
Rashford
Bruno
Sancho

All got to go
The scary thing is most of those players seem to have too much power.

Chelsea make mistakes but clear them up quickly, we seem to hold onto absolute shite players time and time again.

Lecland07

Key word is 'quality' players. We need to aim several levels higher than the dross we've been desperately chasing for the past couple of weeks.
Will those players even come, though? I would say we solidified our position below Arsenal today, in terms of attractiveness in the Premier League. I would say we are sixth for attractiveness, and that is only because we can pay more money that the clubs below.

We need to make smart signings, but that will make no difference without wholesale shifting of the dross currently at the club.

flappyjay

We need new quality players in the right positions too.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Too late. All the good signings are off the board. Better to start planning for next summer.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Not hugely impressed by his post-match interview. seemed to say very little and sounded rather muddled and have to wonder if he is muddling players. Wouldn't say what it was they didn't do that he told them to do. I want him to be more angry

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
In the meantime lets give the youngsters a run. It will take a number of transfer windows to bring in the players we need so lets make good use of that time and give the younger players some experience.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I think the biggest issue with this group is a lack of fight, passion and tenacity. Do the players think they've made it and set up for life once you've arrived at the club? The basic mistakes players are making is somewhat confusing and numbing.

fezzerUTD

Drain the swamp?
Not possible is it with tweets like this, this morning :

There is a feeling inside #mufc that some of Ralf Rangnick's public comments about the squad have affected the players and Erik ten Hag has been quick to distance himself from much of his assessment, including that United needed "open-heart surgery" #mulive [@RobDawsonESPN]