Europa League 2019/20

Rafaeldagold

That was an awful pen from Leverkusen but he really should get another go.
I don’t think so at all. Keeper only was off his line slightly when the ball was kicked because the penalty taker stuttered in his run up. VAR influencing matches where it isn’t needed again

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
I don’t think so at all. Keeper only was off his line slightly when the ball was kicked because the penalty taker stuttered in his run up. VAR influencing matches where it isn’t needed again
Rules are rules. And I guess they just made up for that at the 2-1 where the Porto player pushed away the face of the Leverkusen player trying to head it off the goalline.

PoTMS

Too many good teams in the Europa this season. Can't see us winning it. Only hope is they knock each other out.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I wonder if Wolves can do a Fulham and make the final. They seem to be enjoying themselves in Europe.

DVG7

The rangers braga game is one of the best of the season so far

Irwin99

Safe to say Wolves are through (it'd have to be a catastrophic collapse)....We're gonna draw them eventually aren't we?! :(

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Wins all around for ze german teams. Although especially Leverkusen can't be too happy with the result.

Adamsk7

Not worried about any of the teams in this other than Inter. Think over two legs if we have Pogba and McT back and Ole doesn’t feck about with the line ups too much we’ll have too much for most sides, Arsenal and Wolves included

KC91

Not worried about any of the teams in this other than Inter. Think over two legs if we have Pogba and McT back and Ole doesn’t feck about with the line ups too much we’ll have too much for most sides, Arsenal and Wolves included
I think Conte will continue to heavily rotate for EL unless Inter fall out of the scudetto race.

DickDastardly

Is anyone talking about Getafe?

And Bordalas, their coach.
They just dismantled last years eye candy - Ajax.
And with such ease.

Their high pressing is a work of art.

GazTheLegend

Is anyone talking about Getafe?

And Bordalas, their coach.
They just dismantled last years eye candy - Ajax.
And with such ease.

Their high pressing is a work of art.
If by work of art you mean "rely on the referee to not stop their absolutely cnutish antics, theatrics, and rolling around all day" then yeah, maybe you can appreciate them.

I do like a bit of gamesmanship and wind ups now and again but I can't bring myself to watch much Spanish football because they all just throw themselves around, and these are grown men :houllier::lol:

DickDastardly

If by work of art you mean "rely on the referee to not stop their absolutely cnutish antics, theatrics, and rolling around all day" then yeah, maybe you can appreciate them.

I do like a bit of gamesmanship and wind ups now and again but I can't bring myself to watch much Spanish football because they all just throw themselves around, and these are grown men :houllier::lol:
I hate the stuff you mentioned as much as the next guy, but i'm not talking about that.

I'm talking about the tactics, the high press, the running, constant running.

Besides the two goals, they had like 3 more clear cut chances, one on ones. They made Ajax lose the ball more then i ever saw them.

And we're talking about a team who's best center back went to the poorest team in the league, just because of the low paychecks.
You could buy the whole team for the price of Pogba.

And they'd beat us in a two leg.

thepolice123

I hate the stuff you mentioned as much as the next guy, but i'm not talking about that.

I'm talking about the tactics, the high press, the running, constant running.

Besides the two goals, they had like 3 more clear cut chances, one on ones. They made Ajax lose the ball more then i ever saw them.

And we're talking about a team who's best center back went to the poorest team in the league, just because of the low paychecks.
You could buy the whole team for the price of Pogba.

And they'd beat us in a two leg.

Less than a half of actual football was played.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Getafe is like Atletico on steroids. Never seen such a time of thuggish play acting tits. It's a good way to beat Ajax though. Their little choir boys aren't used to it.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
It seems in all Latin American or Mediterranean European countries that sportsmanship has gotten beyond pathetic. Diving is as much a part of Spanish football now as cornerflags are. Playacting, dirty fouls, asking for cards. Ugh the Spanish game has gotten unwatchable.

42 minutes of playtime out of 97, Refs should know by now what Spanish teams are like and adjust themselves but they just keep on falling for it.

I guess it's up to the English, German and Dutch teams to still have some sense of morality and sportsmanship. No wonder that Tottenham - Leipzig was such an entertaining, fast paced game full of action, even with Mourinho being there. Can't wait for Bayern - Chelsea next week. Definitely picking that over divefest Barca - Napoli.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
It seems in all Latin American or Mediterranean European countries that sportsmanship has gotten beyond pathetic. Diving is as much a part of Spanish football now as cornerflags are. Playacting, dirty fouls, asking for cards. Ugh the Spanish game has gotten unwatchable.

42 minutes of playtime out of 97, Refs should know by now what Spanish teams are like and adjust themselves but they just keep on falling for it.

I guess it's up to the English, German and Dutch teams to still have some sense of morality and sportsmanship. No wonder that Tottenham - Leipzig was such an entertaining, fast paced game full of action, even with Mourinho being there. Can't wait for Bayern - Chelsea next week. Definitely picking that over divefest Barca - Napoli.
Getafe this season is a special case even for spanish standards: they are the team who commit more fouls in all Europe, because La Liga fouls per game average is actually very decent and the game is usually very good overall.

About sense of morality I have two names for you: Nigel de Jong and Khalid Boulahrouz :D

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Getafe this season is a special case even for spanish standards: they are the team who commit more fouls in all Europe, because La Liga fouls per game average is actually very decent and the game is usually very good overall.

About sense of morality I have two names for you: Nigel de Jong and Khalid Boulahrouz :D
Think the point is that yes Nigel and Boulahrouz are butchers, but the Getafe type of feckwittery is mostly grabbing your face in agony after every tackle whilst sneakily elbowing your opponent in the balls and then grab your elbow in agony while appealing to the ref to give said balls a red card.

Though I'm sure the Dutch have a slight trauma regardin Portugal so we might not be entirely reasonable.

Bastards
:wenger:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Think the point is that yes Nigel and Boulahrouz are butchers, but the Getafe type of feckwittery is mostly grabbing your face in agony after every tackle whilst sneakily elbowing your opponent in the balls and then grab your elbow in agony while appealing to the ref to give said balls a red card.

Though I'm sure the Dutch have a slight trauma regardin Portugal so we might not be entirely reasonable.

Bastards
:wenger:
I don't think there's tough love between Holland and Portugal: the infamous Battle of Nuremberg was mostly due to very poor refereeing by Ivanov, who had a very ambiguous criteria for both teams. As the game went on, players become frustrated with the poor decisions and both teams started to feel they were treated unfairly. The rest is history :D

One just needs to point that when portuguese and dutch clubs face each other usually the match day environment is pretty much fun: both supporters are communicative and extroverted in their behavior which results in tons of beer being drank :D

P.S. Probably 99% of PT was supporting Holland vs Spain on 2010 Final :D

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I don't think there's tough love between Holland and Portugal: the infamous Battle of Nuremberg was mostly due to very poor refereeing by Ivanov, who had a very ambiguous criteria for both teams. As the game went on, players become frustrated with the poor decisions and both teams started to feel they were treated unfairly. The rest is history :D

One just needs to point that when portuguese and dutch clubs face each other usually the match day environment is pretty much fun: both supporters are communicative and extroverted in their behavior which results in tons of beer being drank :D

P.S. Probably 99% of PT was supporting Holland vs Spain on 2010 Final :D
Yeah true enough the refereeing was abysmal. Other than those losses I have nothing but fond memories of going to Portugal.