Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

always_hoping

6 piss easy games. Dont try and dress Sociedad up.
More about United than dressing others up. How serious will Erik take these games? have a feeling few first choice 11s will be selected especially in the first few rounds.

hobbers

Wont need to risk injuries for these ties. Our full second string should easily walk this group. I'd definitely give Garnacho a start in the first round and see how he does.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Easy group tbh. Main goal is to qualify for next round at groups stage, even if we get 2nd place, so we can rotate players. We must take this competition seriously in case top4 is not a possibility later on the season.

always_hoping

We were very fecking lucky to even make the Europa league.

If it wasn't for late goals from Brighton on the last day vs West Ham we'd have been in the Conference League, so I'll happily take being in the Europa this season.
Any competition is how you take it, Jose for example celebrated the conference league last season like he had won another Champions league.

Lyng

Usual whining about the Europa League, ffs.

As if we've deserved to be in it recently anyway.
I am complaining about the draw not being in the Europa League. It's a trophy and I hope we go for it.
I am just slightly annoyed with the traveling distance. It's Thursdays and it might cause extra fatigue to our players for the weekend premier League match.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Easy group tbh. Main goal is to qualify for next round at groups stage, even if we get 2nd place, so we can rotate players. We must take this competition seriously in case top4 is not a possibility later on the season.
Really need to win the group in this season's format, as 2nd place go into a play off round against Champions League drop outs, to decide 8 teams for the round of 16.
Group winners automatically go into the round of 16.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I’m definitely betting big $ on us to win the EL this season.. our only real rival all the way up to the final will be Arsenal who are a couple injuries away from trouble tbf..

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
so what about winning the Cup Winners Cup, was that shite? :rolleyes:
Its shite because I hate the fact we're playing 2nd rate teams. I want us to be in the CL, to play against the likes of Real, bayern, psg etc. We don't deserve to be there, I know that, I accept it, but I dont like it. Make of that what you will.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m definitely betting big $ on us to win the EL this season.. our only real rival all the way up to the final will be Arsenal who are a couple injuries away from trouble tbf..
I'm very tempted to have a punt on Barcelona... :rolleyes:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Its shite because I hate the fact we're playing 2nd rate teams. I want us to be in the CL, to play against the likes of Real, bayern, psg etc. We don't deserve to be there, I know that, I accept it, but I dont like it. Make of that what you will.
Sucks to be you. You must hate the Prem, League and FA Cup...unless we get top 6 opposition?

You must have been all for the European Super League?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Nope, just the europa league. Why are you so precious about it?
Well that doesn't make sense? There are just as many '2nd rate' teams in the domestic competitions as there are in the Europa League?

I'm not precious about it. Like I said, I love every competition we're in and never moan about any of them.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I'm very tempted to have a punt on Barcelona... :rolleyes:
Yeah I don’t see them winning either.. if our blueprint is like the game against liverpool I see everyone caving in to our intensity and losing eventually.. I’d even expect Arsenal to do better than Barca..

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Well that doesn't make sense? There are just as many '2nd rate' teams in the domestic competitions as there are in the Europa League?

I'm not precious about it. Like I said, I love every competition we're in and never moan about any of them.
I dont like united being in the Europa league, whats so difficult to comprehend about that? Accept it and move on. Or ignore it, I dont really care.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'm old school...a trophy is a trophy and I love every competition we play in. I hate losing Charity Shields, even. I just don't get all the whining and the contempt for the Europa League?

Mourinho was in tears last season when he won the Europa Conference League with AS Roma....fecking Roma!!

Every European competition used to be hailed back in the day. Now people are just dicks about it. I loved it when we beat Ajax in the final in 2016 and was gutted when we got shafted by Villarreal. I hope we can win it again this season.
I've come to quite like it. it took some getting over the thursday thing but now it's a nice late week chance to see us. It's great if we win it.. crap little competition if we don't ha ha

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I dont like united being in the Europa league, whats so difficult to comprehend about that? Accept it and move on. Or ignore it, I dont really care.
Yeah, I generally regard that opinion as having no importance and thankfully the people that matter share mine. So, we move. At least you will have your Thursdays and Sundays free so there is that to be thankful for.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I have never heard of two of those teams and I don't even know what country they're from. And I'm not bothering to google it. Is this the conference?

Edit: if its not the conference, do you reckon I've got a good chance of getting my Saturday team into the conference? I might be able to get 11 players together.
Doubt it but you might have a chance to get in to Liverpools first eleven after Monday night though

:D

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Going to face a team from an ex-colony, then? Let's conquer Cyprus again. Let's make MBGA hats for the occasion.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Yeah, I generally regard that opinion as having no importance and thankfully the people that matter share mine. So, we move. At least you will have your Thursdays and Sundays free so there is that to be thankful for.
What's on Sunday?

Irwin99

A direct route to the Champions League next season - 4th is going to be even more competitive this year. Let's go for it.
Yup, I can't understand people dismissing it. It's probably the best chance of CL, it's a fecking trophy when this club hasn't won one in 5 years, and it's a great experience for the younger players. I really want us to win this.

Bobski

I don't like it as a competition. I do like it as an opportunity to give young players a chance to break out. Hoping to see a lot of Zidane, Garnacho and co.