Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Roma losing again, Mourinho close to blowing up yet?

Since last season they've added Matic, Dybala and Belotti and kept Zaniolo so they should be serious threat to winning this competition below the favourites as it could be their best route to CL.

Result that caught my eye although they did lose to Bodo 6-1 and won that competition so perhaps it will work out in the long run.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
3-0 up in half an hour and Lazio getting beaten by Midgetland. That's more fecking like it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Lazio batter us.
Midgeyland batter Lazio.
Stormgraz beat Midgeyland.
We batter Sturmgraz.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Union is embarassing. At least Freiburg and Köln seem to take the Europa (Conference) League seriously enough to win their games.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Union is embarassing. At least Freiburg and Köln seem to take the Europa (Conference) League seriously enough to win their games.
Today they won while being a man down for an entire half, so they finally managed to show some of their grit.

Lecland07

Arsenal look to have the knack of beating smaller sides. Can see them getting 80 points in the PL, at least, this season.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
0-2 up while playing horrendously. Hope we can pull through. Midgeyland will definitely try to get one of us send off.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Bench looks promising. Exciting capable players at the very least.
This Gabriel Jesus guy scored some points tonight. He might get some minutes in the PL soon.

Zoo

Lovely goal from Betis. They play some great stuff

Idxomer

Roma are in danger of dropping down to the conference league if they lose this.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Roma are in danger of dropping down to the conference league if they lose this.
Was just going to ask that, Roma should be having a serious go at winning this to secure CL so a bit of a disaster to their season if they can't finish ahead of Ludogarets.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
It’s only taken him 6 years and being booed off the pitch by his own fans for him to finally start playing some decent football.

Levels.
Well unless you discount him continuing to play well for Switzerland. I think it was always a case of Arsenal playing him as a DLP, which wasn't his favoured position either in Gladbach or Switzerland. Now that they are playing a more defensive midfielder with him and he doesn't have that responsibility he's doing better.

Brainless player but then don't make him the brains of the team.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Well unless you discount him continuing to play well for Switzerland. I think it was always a case of Arsenal playing him as a DLP, which wasn't his favoured position either in Gladbach or Switzerland. Now that they are playing a more defensive midfielder with him and he doesn't have that responsibility he's doing better.

Brainless player but then don't make him the brains of the team.
Agree. I will confess I've not been a supporter of his for most of his time here, though I did not agree with the treatment we gave him at Palace (that was horrible from the "fans"). But you're right - it was the fact he was the last midfielder. His strengths aren't in tackling or defensive positioning. Which is why he looked pretty poor and was so error prone. I remember one season he had the unenviable record in the PL of making the most errors that led directly to goals.

But Since Partey's arrival a couple of seasons ago, he's gone from strength to strength and we're now seeing what Wenger saw in him. His passing, long balls and ability to control the midfield are better utilised higher up the pitch, and he's scoring/assisting much more. Those who don't watch Arsenal much often think he's only kicked on this season as he has seem to gone another level, but in truth he's been steadily improving over the past 12-18 months.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
It’s only taken him 6 years and being booed off the pitch by his own fans for him to finally start playing some decent football.

Levels.
He's been playing in the wrong position since Wenger bought him. He was never a holding midfield player or a #6. For Switzerland he plays more like a #8 and it's where he's most effective. Arteta is playing him further forward as they now have a proper holding midfield player in Partey. It's night and day for some players when they're being played out of position.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
Arse is such a flukey team.
Not sure what other luck we have had this season, but ok.

I read that about Liverpool on here every week without fail for the past 3 seasons too until this year. Must be terrible being Utd and never getting any luck?

Last edited: