Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

Fully Fledged

Martinelli baby.
FACKING YESSSSSS!!!

I wasn't really expecting this. It has been such a difficult, challenging season.

Players and the manager regain my respect after such atrocious league campaign.

I just don't want Roma and that cnut Mourinho.
Well done. Good night for all of us.

Dark Side of the Moon

Supports
Celtic
Why do teams from the best ever league in the world keep getting knocked out of Europe from teams in farmers’ leagues?

Best team in England knocked out by the 4th best team in Portugal. Strange one.

galwayfa

I think Utd will get Juve, Roma or Sevilla, probably the 3 teams Id rather not get, all 3 being historical with former players, managers and really good in this tournament.

kaku06

I watch Juve and Roma too and they're definitely not piss poor. Juve would be 2nd in Serie A without the points reduction and they still have some very good players even if they're not at the level they used to be. Roma are well coached and Dybala has had a good season for them. Abraham is always capable of having a good day even if he's been pretty poor this season. I kinda agree on Sporting, they are a good team and I could see them doing well. Completely disagree on Sevilla. They've been terrible this season and we just comfortably beat a far better team in Real Betis.
Roma are not really well coached like really. They have been so hopeless and up and down most of the season. They were outplayed by sassuolo last week though kumbulla was red carded but sassuolo was already 2-1 ahead and Roma were already being run ragged by Lauriente, pinamonti and Berrardi. Before that they were beaten by fecking Cremonese who never won this season. And these are some recent examples, their whole season has been been like that whilst their general play has been awful. Awful. Only Dybala has been decent for them. Abraham is having a shit season. Belotti is yet to score a goal I think. So on and so forth.

Oranges038

Really? Thought they were quite central and keeper should’ve saved most. Same for Arsenal’s.
C’mon, a couple of them weren’t great at all. Ramsdale should have saved 2. Possibly 3.
Personally I think it's moronic to think keepers should just save penalties. The odds are so heavily stacked against them now, with not allowed to move on the line and all that.

kaku06

:lol:

Was wondering what the commiserations was for

Shocking result, saw they were up 1-0 and assumed they were through
Oh look, “I just looked at scoreline, didn’t even see the match that’s how much I cared and let me post it with a laughing emoji to really make you believe that I DONOT CARE”

kaku06

Was wondering what the commiserations was for

Shocking result, saw they were up 1-0 and assumed they were through
You are fooling no one. You saw it, you cried maybe still crying. Eat shit. Ha

Chief123

Personally I think it's moronic to think keepers should just save penalties. The odds are so heavily stacked against them now, with not allowed to move on the line and all that.
You described their penalties as “as well taken penalties as you’ll ever see”. No they weren’t. 5 well taken penalties as I’ll ever see are those that give the keeper no chance.

Ted Lasso

Only time I would root for them if it's between them and Liverpool. People wanting them to beat Arsenal is weird to me. How are they not sick of watching City win the league every year?
Yup pretty much how I feel. And if I'm ranking our rivalries, including both recent and historical times, City and Liverpool rank far ahead of teams I dislike.

RopersReturn

Martin Keown - before the penalty shootout. Arsenal really need to win this shootout for the winning mentality to keep the momentum going.
Martin Keown - after the penalty shootout. Maybe this could be a blessing in disguise going forward. Arsenal can concentrate now on the league.

always_hoping

Order of preference

1. Bayer Leverkussen
2. Royale Union Saint-Gilloise
3. Sevilla
4. Sporting
5. Feyenoord
6. Roma (would be Jose this an that and awful matches)
7. Juventus

Knowing United's luck it's probably Juve next with the winner to play in form Feyenoord or Jose Roma.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Oh look, “I just looked at scoreline, didn’t even see the match that’s how much I cared and let me post it with a laughing emoji to really make you believe that I DONOT CARE”
You are fooling no one. You saw it, you cried maybe still crying. Eat shit. Ha
Those user tags eh, what important information they convey!

Also, 'eat shit'? Dude.

ManRed

Another trip to spain incoming. Would prefer to miss the italian sides for next 2 rounds

BehemothTerror

Order of preference

1. Bayer Leverkussen
2. Royale Union Saint-Gilloise
3. Sevilla
4. Sporting
5. Feyenoord
6. Roma (would be Jose this an that and awful matches)
7. Juventus

Knowing United's luck it's probably Juve next with the winner to play in form Feyenoord or Jose Roma.
Why in the hell would you want ANOTHER Spanish team haha

Kaos

I know we're all bored of Spanish teams but you guys realise Sevilla are absolutely dreadful this season and are roped in a relegation battle?

Yes they're the kings of this competition but we should have more than enough to put them aside.

Feyenoord and obviously Juventus are the two I'd be keen to avoid. The rest I'll be fairly happy with.

devil99

Some interesting facts -
Except USG and Leverkusen, we have players transferred in or out from/to other clubs in Europa league

And also there are 6 Italian teams in knockout stages. Is Serie A back to its best in Europe ?

Edit: Leverkusen also have Fosuh Mensah. So it is only USG

Last edited:

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
What's funny about that?
Well I just don't agree that it means nothing because they have unlimited resources. I understand the argument that it all feels a bit empty, but it doesn't feel like that when they thrash us almost every time we play.
And more interestingly, if United follow a similar fate, where would you stand then? Genuinely curious to know.

lysglimt

Scout
Well with Arsenal and Barcelona gone - we must be considered huge favourites now. Not really sure who I prefer in the draw.

Sevilla are awful this season, Feyenoord have done really well - but they are still a Dutch side and are only leading in Holland because Ajax lost their entire team, and manager. A Belgian side hardly scares anyone. Leverkusen have also been really poor this season. Why so many consider Feyenoord a team they want to avoid is beyond me. I will take Feyenoord over Roma, Juventus and Sociedad any day of the week.

So I would say Feyenoord, Union Saint-Gilloise, Sevilla and Leverkusen are all good draws.

I would consider Juventus the toughest, followed by Sociedad, Roma and Sporting.

Pintu

Leverkusen have also been really poor this season. Why so many consider Feyenoord a team they want to avoid is beyond me. I will take Feyenoord over Roma, Juventus and Sociedad any day of the week.

So I would say Feyenoord, Union Saint-Gilloise, Sevilla and Leverkusen are all good draws.

I would consider Juventus the toughest, followed by Sociedad, Roma and Sporting.

Last edited:

RedRocket9908

Well with Arsenal and Barcelona gone - we must be considered huge favourites now. Not really sure who I prefer in the draw.

Sevilla are awful this season, Feyenoord have done really well - but they are still a Dutch side and are only leading in Holland because Ajax lost their entire team, and manager. A Belgian side hardly scares anyone. Leverkusen have also been really poor this season. Why so many consider Feyenoord a team they want to avoid is beyond me. I will take Feyenoord over Roma, Juventus and Sociedad any day of the week.

Juventus arnt the toughest, they are 7th in Serie A with no chance of making top 4 and are 9 points behind Roma

ti vu

I want Juventus or Sevilla, Sporting now that we had no chance for title challenge. It's a bit boring having to play less teams as seen with this Real Betis tie.

autte

Supports
Poggibonsi
You just know Mourinho will school Arteta or ETH if they meet in the Europa.

Was watching the Roma Sociedad game and Roma are a bunch of diving, cheating pricks. Almost made me admire how good they were with the blatant shithousery from faking injuries, complaining, physically bullying opponents to Mou and his staff pressurising the refs. Dark Arts of the highest level.
It is true that Roma have mastered the dark arts of shithousery (before Mou arrived, we usually were on the receiving end of it), but it's also true that Real Sociedad are the dirtiest team we've played all season, bar none. Rico made 3 or 4 yellow-deserving fouls in the first half alone, including stepping on Dybala's heel. Sorloth intentionally elbowed Cristante's ribs. As Vinicius (Europe's most fouled player) put it, opposition players are encouraged when the ref doesn't punish them even after repeated fouls. We started accentuating contact to draw calls and cards so that we could breathe a little and conserve some energy for the derby.

Roma are not really well coached like really. They have been so hopeless and up and down most of the season. They were outplayed by sassuolo last week though kumbulla was red carded but sassuolo was already 2-1 ahead and Roma were already being run ragged by Lauriente, pinamonti and Berrardi. Before that they were beaten by fecking Cremonese who never won this season. And these are some recent examples, their whole season has been been like that whilst their general play has been awful. Awful. Only Dybala has been decent for them. Abraham is having a shit season. Belotti is yet to score a goal I think. So on and so forth.
Can confirm we aren't that good. The Sassuolo game isn't indicative of anything though, Roma were unusually reckless and conceded more spaces than usual. It was only the second time we've conceded more than 2 goals, and the 8th time we've conceded more than 1, in all competitions this season.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
With Arsenal out we should Put maximum focus on Europa League. No disrespect to the teams left but we are the strongest.
Agreed. 5th and the Europa League will always be better than 2nd-4th and no Europa League.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
It is true that Roma have mastered the dark arts of shithousery (before Mou arrived, we usually were on the receiving end of it), but it's also true that Real Sociedad are the dirtiest team we've played all season, bar none. Rico made 3 or 4 yellow-deserving fouls in the first half alone, including stepping on Dybala's heel. Sorloth intentionally elbowed Cristante's ribs. As Vinicius (Europe's most fouled player) put it, opposition players are encouraged when the ref doesn't punish them even after repeated fouls. We started accentuating contact to draw calls and cards so that we could breathe a little and conserve some energy for the derby.

Can confirm we aren't that good. The Sassuolo game isn't indicative of anything though, Roma were unusually reckless and conceded more spaces than usual. It was only the second time we've conceded more than 2 goals, and the 8th time we've conceded more than 1, in all competitions this season.
So you're a Roma fan.

How'd you rate Mou's tenure so far? Are you Jose out? Is he underperforming? Is the Roma fanbase fed up with him yet?