Europa League / Conference League 23/24

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Luckily this is my last message of the day cause I'm genuinely upset on Glimts behalf. Not felt this robbed since I literally got robbed.

PSV

Molde go 2-0 up (5-2 agg), hopefully they don't choke this game too.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What a comeback from Freiburg to go through here
Football should be played in the air, none of this short passing, build up from the back and keep it on the ground malarkey.

Lump it to the big fellas. Kick and rush is the way

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Ajax are shit but that was also very much the harsh nature of sports. Pretty amazing in some ways they pulled that out of their ass despite being on the back foot almost constantly. Was a fun watch in the background (glad I picked that one)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ajax are shit but that was also very much the harsh nature of sports. Pretty amazing in some ways they pulled that out of their ass despite being on the back foot almost constantly. Was a fun watch in the background (glad I picked that one)
This is how much Dutch teams tend to go out. Play well, create chances, miss most, get heartbroken.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Football should be played in the air, none of this short passing, build up from the back and keep it on the ground malarkey.

Lump it to the big fellas. Kick and rush is the way
Football will not see this next german revolution coming!

Ghostrider318

How Marcus Edwards of sporting? Was largely invisible in the second leg ( TBF they are leading the tie 4-1 ) but played a nice chipped pass for sportings pen

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Since I am an Ajax supporter, therefore football royalty I can hardly be happy but ffs this one was nice for a change having everything going to shite and still win. :D

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I did not think Frankfurt would feck this up, but it looks really bad for them.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Frankfurt are pretty bad getting knocked out to a Belgium team. No disrespect to them as there top of the Belgium league but you’d expect a Bundesliga team to be able to beat them.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Galatasaray players fighting with someone on the Prague bench after the game, drama :D

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I hate fecking penalties.

Hate, hate, hate.

I'll finish here, I don't want warning points. I'm going to find a fountain somewhere and poo in it.

always_hoping

Galatasaray go out of Europe thanks in no small part in going down to 10 men. They pretty much used up all their luck for the season in those two games against Man United,

lysglimt

Scout
Yesterday at least shows how much Norwegian football has improved. Bodø/Glimt should have beaten Ajax by 6-7-8 goals over 2 legs. Yesterday they were robbed of a penalty, got a player wrongly sent off, hit the woodwork 3 times, had a player channelling his inner Torres and missing an open goal after rounding the goalkeeper - and Ajax cleared the ball off the line 3 times. If there was an XG yesterday - it would probably end as 5.0 for BG and 0.2 for Ajax - and Ajax won 2-1 :)

And then Molde went to Poland and destroyed Legia with 3-0. At home they also went 3-0 up after 25 minutes, but in that game Legia fought back to 2-3. So 6-2 on aggregate. Add to that - Brann last season first beat a team from Portugal before going out on penalties to AZ

PSV

If there was an XG yesterday - it would probably end as 5.0 for BG and 0.2 for Ajax - and Ajax won 2-1 :)
There is though. Let me show you how fun xG is (fotmob):

BG (2.70) 1-2 (1.80) Ajax
Ajax (2.14) 2-2 (0.56) BG

Ajax (3.94) - BG (3.26) across two games.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I can't stop watching Freiburg's 3rd goal. It is a masterpiece of agricultural practice. Random long ball, double headed flick, runner taking down the last defender, turns last header into auto-assist, striker coolly rounds the keeper and scores

The best thing is pumping long high balls and relying on winning aerial duels and second balls was perfectly sound strategy for Freiburg given their frankly absurd physical advantage :lol: it literally felt like men vs boys out there. And they had to clae back from 0-2 down

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax

Man, that's nowhere near what I've seen with my own eyes. Over two legs Ajax scored 4 goals with 2,5 actual proper shots and Bode could have had 20 goals with 80 proper shots.

Pintu

Man, that's nowhere near what I've seen with my own eyes. Over two legs Ajax scored 4 goals with 2,5 actual proper shots and Bode could have had 20 goals with 80 proper shots.

The stats are more nuanced... on the first leg Ajax has a very high xGs thanks to the penalty. On "Open play xGs" it's closer and the big chances missed the stat went to Ajax by 1-0.

In the second leg, statistics were clearly in favour of the Norwegians. 7-3 on big chances missed. And the “open play xG”
2.33 to 1.12..

Pintu

The EL draw gave us 2 important duels in this round. Brighton vs Roma and West Ham vs Freiburg... Given that England is in a three horse race with Italy and Germany for the 2 bonus spots in the UCL, and given we are very unlikely to get top 4, good results for the English clubs could be decisive.