Europa League Draw | Utd draw St. Etienne

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Oh playing on a wednesday.

So it's basically just a champions league game then :D

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Pretty good draw, given that we weren't seeded. Should go through.. I repeat should

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
They are supposedly very hard to score against, conceded only 14 in 17 league games so far

Jaxdan

What I am saying is we would have to play a lot better than we are currently in order to beat them.. I didn't say we have 0% chance. We can play a lot better than we are currently. If we play like we did against Burnley or Stoke they would beat us

We dominated Burnley and Stoke. We just didn't finish and keepers had career days against us. I'd take that form of play every game, and take my chances on us finishing better.

Devil81

Great draw! Not only we get a nice opponent with short travel, but also several of the other draws are pretty good:

Villarreal (Spain) v Roma (Italy)
Celta Vigo (Spain) v Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine)
Olympiakos (Greece) v Osmanlispor (Turkey)
Krasnodar (Russia) v Fenerbahce (Turkey)
Borussia Monchengladbach (Germany) v Fiorentina (Italy)
Hapoel Beer Sheva (Israel) v Besiktas (Turkey)
PAOK (Greece) v Schalke (Germany)

These are either good teams, or unpleasant places to travel. Now they will take care of each other :D

My word, there could be some seriously average teams left in the competition beyond this round. It all seems to be falling into place, I'd 100% say this is the easiest route into the Champions league.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I don't know much about St Etienne, I am just glad we don't have to fly five hours for the second leg.
The number of hours can't be an excuse for any coach.

Two of these will be facing each other. Not sure which two.
On the left: Mathias Pogba maybe (I'm not sure)
Middle: Florentin Pogba (Saint-Etienne) sure
On the right: Paul

Is there a rivalry between them and PSG or are the rivalry just Lyon vs SE?
Rivalry between Lyon & SE only.

They are supposedly very hard to score against, conceded only 14 in 17 league games so far
On the other hand, they scored 17 goals in 17 games. Béric & Hamouma are currently their best scorers this season with... 3 goals

Trés droll (as the St Etienne fans would say)
:lol: Très drôle :-)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
St. Etienne were one of my favourite bands when I was at University. I went to their concert at the Manchester University University Union. great memories

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Currently 8th in Ligue 1 and not exactly tearing it up. You have to be happy with that draw as a whole.

I can imagine a thread on their forum right now saying, "they're only 6th in the league and not exactly tearing it up" :lol:

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
The number of hours can't be an excuse for any coach.

On the left: Mathias Pogba maybe (I'm not sure)
Middle: Florentin Pogba (Saint-Etienne) sure
On the right: Paul

Rivalry between Lyon & SE only.

On the other hand, they scored 17 goals in 17 games. Béric & Hamouma are currently their best scorers this season with... 3 goals

:lol: Très drôle :-)
Thanks for the punctuation/spelling lesson.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Was this when St Etienne were the dominant club in France? They were a very successful team a few decades ago iirc. I usually pick them in FM when playing in France for this reason.

stu_1992

Good draw, I'm pleased with this. Not much travel, very winnable game. Yup, no complaints, juts get it done.

Morpheus 7

Good draw distance wise, at least we don't have to go to Russia. Apparently they had a good team in the 60's and 70's. Platini played for them in the past. They also had some good players in the last few years. Matuidi, payet, Zouma Abumeyang ect..I unfortunately only associate them with that shit beer in Aldi.

RedStarUnited

You have to hope we'll have found our scoring boots by then, its not like we dont have goal scorers in the squad, we're just in a lean spell that's all.
We have scored 4 goals in 2 Europa games. We average 2 goals a game in that.

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
Good draw distance wise, at least we don't have to go to Russia. Apparently they had a good team in the 60's and 70's. Platini played for them in the past. They also had some good players in the last few years. Matuidi, payet, Zouma Abumeyang ect..I unfortunately only associate them with that shit beer in Aldi.
Their star player when they played us in the 70's was Dominique Rocheteau.
A very tricky right winger iirc.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I can imagine a thread on their forum right now saying, "they're only 6th in the league and not exactly tearing it up" :lol:
I have had a just a a brief look at one of their forums.

They are very excited/proud by the prospect of playing against United/visiting OT. The expectation is not to be ridiculous.

The posts are rather

'Zlatan loves us' (because he scored 14 goals in 13 games against them with PSG)
'I prefer to lose against United than a modest Eastern Europe club'
'40 years to get a revenge'

surf

They were a top team in the 70's, probably better than we were. Dominique Rocheteau was a true United type winger.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The Geoffroy Guichard staidum will be full :)

VanGaalEra

Happy it's on a Wednesday, but 5pm fecking hell. I finish at work at 6.30.

Anyway, it's a short trip, early kick off and on a Wednesday so shouldn't have any impact on a potential cup final or Derby day game on the Sunday after.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
We've had a request from a newbie who supports St Etienne:

Hello, I am a collector and I am looking for someone to exchange the tickets and programs of the match between our 2 teams.
If any of you are interested or if you know someone, please contact me

Here is my collection : http://asseausoleil.weebly.com/
He's not selling or buying anything, he's just a collector. Anyone who's interested, please PM him. Cheers.