Europa League Draw | Utd draw St. Etienne

Keegs

We won't beat this Ajax team unless we improve significantly. Best Ajax team since the LVG team in the 90's
We thumped Feyenoord at home and there ahead of Ajax in the league not even remotely scared of any teams left in the competition.

dutchred

Not sure if serious. They are only playing in Europa League because they got beaten by Rostov.
They have improved significantly since then. They have a new manager with a different style than de Boer. It took a while to get his ideas over. If they met Rostov now it would be no contest. They finished unbeaten in their group in the EL. We could be pedantic and say it was an easy group but we had an easy group as well and had to wait for the last game to ensure qualification

dutchred

The avarage age of the Ajax team tonight ( 1-1 Standard ) away .... 21.9 . And thats with a 36 year old goalie . With Onana ( the first goalie ) the avarage age would be 20.4 .
And that's without Sanchez, Dahlberg and Sinkgraven (all under 21) and 3 of the best players this season

Bwuk

Copenhagen please. Even Leicester beat them home and away.

The second leg is just before a Manchester Derby, ideally we'd want a team we can win the tie against in the first leg.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
For some reason I thought Napoli were in this, thankfully not. I think we can beat every team over 2 legs relatively comfortably, as far as European competitions go.

MarchingOn

Ajax without second thought. Great place to go in Europe, and not far away for UK fans.

Lebowski

If I were a United fan I'd want Copenhagen. Beatable, nice club, great city and a very short trip.
Been there, done that.

Come on, have some adventure... roll on Apoel, Osman or Zenit. Now they sound like Euro aways with a bit of spice.

Djemba-Djemba

You look at the teams left, we really should be in with a chance of winning this. There's nobody there that I'd be desperate to avoid like there was last year with Sevilla or Napoli.

All that said I'd still rather avoid Zenit or Shakhtar though. Decent sides and a lot of travelling.

NYAS

The second leg is just before a Manchester Derby, ideally we'd want a team we can win the tie against in the first leg.
Think Leicester drew at Copenhagen, to be pedantic.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Do they do the round of 32 and round of 16 draws at the same time? or is that something my imagination just cooked up?

Loublaze

ATLien
We thumped Feyenoord at home and there ahead of Ajax in the league not even remotely scared of any teams left in the competition.
We drew with West Ham in the league then thumped them a few days later with different lineup of course, but you can't base these things on one game. I think United will be punished if they don't put chances away in these knockout rounds. It won't be easy no matter who we face

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool

Second leg is just before the EFL cup final - the Manchester derby will be rearranged. You will be playing us or Saints at Wembley on the Sunday.

VanGaalEra

I would prefer to avoid Zenit, Roma, Shaktar Donetsk and Schalke 04.

But, perhaps more than the quality of the adversary, avoiding a long away trip on the second leg should be the main preoccupation, cause we play Manchester City away after.
We may actually have the EFL cup final that weekend.

markelphick

Some nice looking teams left here.. I still don't think it'll be as easy as everyone reckons though. I'm hoping we draw a 'harder' team like Roma, Bilbao, Shakhtar as we seem to play better against these sides and step up our game a bit.

Would be nice to draw Bilbao again.. hopefully get some revenge.

Gjx

Do they do the round of 32 and round of 16 draws at the same time? or is that something my imagination just cooked up?
Ask any dipper and they'll tell you the draw was done months ago in a cigar smoke filled boardroom at UEFA HQ. SAF sat at the head of the table stroking a white cat and laughing menacingly as they give us Spurs in the final

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We would struggle right now against the likes of Roma or Spurs but by February our form could be a lot better (or worse). I think Mourinho will be looking to have a good go at this.

Bwuk

Second leg is just before the EFL cup final - the Manchester derby will be rearranged. You will be playing us or Saints at Wembley on the Sunday.
Still would like an easy tie then. Wouldn't fancy playing what could be our only cup final this year not in the best of conditions. That's if we beat hull...

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
They used to do that but not anymore. Monday will be R32 draw only, R16 will be in Feb, after conclusion of R32.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Would love Copenhagen. I spend every other week there. Would be great for our fans as well. Great booze, people and close as feck to the UK. :D

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I'd rather play any of the CL teams over Shaktar and Zenit

robinrooney

List of potential teams United could face in the round of 32 (basically 4 of the best third placed CL teams + the EL group toppers, since we're second in the group):

Third placed CL clubs:
Besiktas
FC Copenhagen
Lyon
(won't face Tottenham since both are from PL)

EL Group Toppers:
(won't face Fenerbahce since same group)
APOEL FC
AS St. Etienne
Zenit
Roma
Athletic Bilbao/Genk
Ajax
Shaktar Donetsk
Schalke
Fiorentina
Sparta Praha
Osmanlispor
Why are there only 3 third placed CL teams listed?

Cheekiey

I actually want a big team to narrow the competition down, bring on the hardest now and if we go out then we just go full on in the league for top 4

Djemba-Djemba

I actually want a big team to narrow the competition down, bring on the hardest now and if we go out then we just go full on in the league for top 4
I don't understand that thinking. For years under Fergie we got the hardest draws possible in the FA Cup which is why we didn't win it under him for the last 10 years or so. Then last year we get as gentle a draw as possible almost every round and surprise surprise we end up winning the trophy.

I want as easy a route as possible to the final so we can actually win it. Let someone else deal with Zenit or Spurs.

Cheekiey

I don't understand that thinking. For years under Fergie we got the hardest draws possible in the FA Cup which is why we didn't win it under him for the last 10 years or so. Then last year we get as gentle a draw as possible almost every round and surprise surprise we end up winning the trophy.

I want as easy a route as possible to the final so we can actually win it. Let someone else deal with Zenit or Spurs.
Because I'd rather the bigger fish are out and we go through. This isn't the FA Cup. This is a potential way of getting UCL football again, if we go out early to a big team then fine, we move on, no more Thursday games. We can then put all our eggs in 1 basket and that will be in the league and go all out for top 4.

Treble

On paper, the Russian and Ukrainian teams shouldn't be in form in February. Shaktar are one of the strongest teams in the competition and the best period to play them would be February. But I wouldn't want them.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

An easy one please. After the first leg we have the 5th round of the FA Cup and, truth be told, it's one of our best chances to win some silverware. And the FA Cup draws haven't been kind to us with the exception of last year, of course. After the second leg we go to the Etihad and my guess is that we will still be chasing top four. Add to that the fact that City will have no midweek game that week while we already know we will play away the return leg.

Ruffian

Supports
Liverpool
Looks like a weak competition compared to last year. Man Utd favourites to win it, I think. Bilbao and Shalke are the teams I'd want to avoid.