Europa League final: Liverpool vs Sevilla

Michael T

Klopp - Failed to win a cup in 5 consecutive finals.
Liverpool - Failed to win the league in 25 consecutive seasons.

Looks like a match made in heaven. If they can maintain their consistency...

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
I don't rate Klopp as highly as you. He's a class manager but the others that will challenge for the league are no slouch either. Seems you won't be convinced anyway considering how highly you regard him. Only thing I can say is, just as I didn't agree with you that Liverpool would tear Sevilla apart (page 1 of thread), I also don't agree Liverpool will be among the favourites for PL next season. We'll find out in 12months' time.
The others aren't serial Bundesliga winners (well except Guardiola but Chris Hughton could have done as much with this Bayern side).

Agreed time will tell. Tbf no-one could have foreseen Watford-away Liverpool turning up in that second half, they had been so good in the Europa League when it mattered up until then... just the lingering remains of Rodgers' reign still squelching back up I guess.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Yes. Probably the favourites counting out the possibility that we might get Mourinho. Klopp is just that good, and no European football means they'll be able to grow more organically rather than steroiding up their squad during this transfer window in the hope that they gel immediately and are suddenly able to combine the domestic and European obligations that they were so spectacularly unable to this season.

People are saying that no Champions League is a monumental blow to Klopp's transfer plans, whereas I disagree wholeheartedly. Klopp has never and will never try to sign the elite big names of the game who demand the immediate and grandest success, he'll go for astutely scouted young players from the Bundesliga who will respect him and buy into his philosophy unconditionally, they were so close to Champions League qualification that he'll be able to sell the idea that this season of not having it is just a one-off. They'll know him and believe him.
I don't get that. Of course he tried to sign the best players he could attract to his clubs. He'd instantly take an elite player for his team, if the player was willing to join Liverpool.