Europa League final: Liverpool vs Sevilla

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
How has no top club ever picked up Ever Banega. He has been consistently brilliant for about 6 or 7 years now
I was surprised about their player thingio. I honest cant remember his name. DM role , calm as feck on the ball .... and played for Blackburn.

WhoDaGOAT

God, how I love Emery. A big club should take a punt on him. He's a very good manager and we could do a lot worse should we not land Mourinho.

5 Europa League/UEFA Cups wins in just 10 years is quite the achievement. Especially consider they've retained it 3 times out of the five.

Gameiro is a class act, he deserved a place at Euro 2016.

Now Liverpool know what it's like to be dicked by a Spanish team in a European final. :D

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Success breeds contempt and United are the most successful English club of all time.
Shall we pla
Clearly these Sevilla players spat on the Hillsborough memorial...
Facts about the internet.

1). A bellend will always try to big himself up on it.

2). Bigger bellends will laugh at it.

3KDré

I was surprised about their player thingio. I honest cant remember his name. DM role , calm as feck on the ball .... and played for Blackburn.
N'Zonzi? Used to play for Blackburn, Stoke and Amiens.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
On talksport now saying Liverpool fans confronted Sevilla players on the pitch after the final whistle.
Fighting outside the stadium afterwards too.

Those damn chelsea fans again.
Come on then lad.

Evidence and footage is needed right now to back up what you've spouted.

It's called lazy journalism .

If you back up what you've just spouted I will stand down and take me bobble hat off to you.

Allez !

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
God, how I love Emery. A big club should take a punt on him. He's a very good manager and we could do a lot worse should we not land Mourinho.

5 Europa League/UEFA Cups wins in just 10 years is quite the achievement. Especially consider they've retained it 3 times out of the five.

Gameiro is a class act, he deserved a place at Euro 2016.

Now Liverpool know what it's like to be dicked by a Spanish team in a European final. :D
He should have gotten the Madrid job instead of Rafa.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Always nice to make fun of Liverpool but is this actually a good thing or bad thing?

They'll have to put on a little more schmoozing and an extra few £k wages to their transfer targets this summer but they'll also solely have the Premier League to concentrate on next season while the likes of ourselves play catch up every Thursday/Sunday.

Klopp doesn't really tend to go for the mega-stars of the game anyway, I'm genuinely now worried they'll win the Premier League.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Always nice to make fun of Liverpool but is this actually a good thing or bad thing?

They'll have to put on a little more schmoozing and an extra few £k wages to their transfer targets this summer but they'll also solely have the Premier League to concentrate on next season while the likes of ourselves play catch up every Thursday/Sunday.

Klopp doesn't really tend to go for the mega-stars of the game anyway, I'm genuinely now worried they'll win the Premier League.
We're getting our laughter in since there probably won't be as much next year after they load up on Kloppites this summer.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Come on then lad.

Evidence and footage is needed right now to back up what you've spouted.

It's called lazy journalism .

If you back up what you've just spouted I will stand down and take me bobble hat off to you.

Allez !
John Cross from the mirror said it, said he was pretty close to it and he saw pool fans confront some Sevilla players as they were going up to get the cup.

Natener

Of the teams to worry about winning next season, they aren't top of the list and not even close.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't think either side deserves a Champions League spot given their final league positions. Still i'd rather Sevilla over Liverpool any day.
I'd say Champions of the Europa League have as much right to be there as "4th in England"

WhoDaGOAT

No chance. Losing out on Champions League football will put a dent in their revenue streams and impact their transfer dealings.

Their defence is shambolic; it needs a massive revamp.

Up front, Benteke is likely to leave and Sturridge's future is in doubt.

I think they'll be closer to 3rd place than they were this season, but it's still a massive task ahead of Klopp. He's lost two finals already and suffered 12 defeats in all competitions, on top of an incredible 17 draws.

Their optimum level is very impressive. They're not consistent though.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Of the teams to worry about winning next season, they aren't top of the list and not even close.
Why?

No chance. Losing out on Champions League football will put a dent in their revenue streams and impact their transfer dealings.

Their defence is shambolic; it needs a massive revamp.

Up front, Benteke is likely to leave and Sturridge's future is in doubt.

I think they'll be closer to 3rd place than they were this season, but it's still a massive task ahead of Klopp. He's lost two finals already and suffered 12 defeats in all competitions, on top of an incredible 17 draws.

Their optimum level is very impressive. They're not consistent though.
Definitely a new left back and goalkeeper, they've already signed Matip at CB and could always keep Toure another season. The point is their optimum level will probably start to become the norm the longer Klopp has to mould the squad and won't even have to keep rotating it next season due to the demands of Thurs/Sun fixture congestion.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
John Cross from the mirror said it, said he was pretty close to it and he saw pool fans confront some Sevilla players as they were going up to get the cup.
Not good enough.

Come on lad. With all the cameras about these days . Especially when a team was about to lift a big silver thing live on telly. Even the odd snapshot from a lense camera will do.

Its called lazy journalism.

If you heard on the radio now a few Liverpool fans were outside John Cross's house getting retribution would you believe it ?

Ive also seen stuff tonight on youtube.

Liverpool fans attack Seville fans. The incident in the area with no segregation. Hahahaa. It went off but once again UEFA fecked up and picked the easy target. It happens when English clubs play abroad. It happened to United in Rome. It will happen again. Ive seen it first hand in Europe. Blame the English . It sticks. No doubt UEFA and the media will have a field this summer in France.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This was so sweet for me to wake up to. I woke up briefly during the night and saw it was 1-0 to Liverpool. I then woke up this morning expecting to read the news of Liverpool lifting the Europa Cup as an alert on my ipad. So when I woke up with my crusty contact-lensless eyes and squinted at the screen I saw Liverpool and 3-1 and rolled back to sleep a bit miserable.

Then woke up a bit later and read the glorious news.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Not good enough.

Come on lad. With all the cameras about these days . Especially when a team was about to lift a big silver thing live on telly. Even the odd snapshot from a lense camera will do.

Its called lazy journalism.

If you heard on the radio now a few Liverpool fans were outside John Cross's house getting retribution would you believe it ?

Ive also seen stuff tonight on youtube.

Liverpool fans attack Seville fans. The incident in the area with no segregation. Hahahaa. It went off but once again UEFA fecked up and picked the easy target. It happens when English clubs play abroad. It happened to United in Rome. It will happen again. Ive seen it first hand in Europe. Blame the English . It sticks. No doubt UEFA and the media will have a field this summer in France.
No, he's not home yet

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
He also said it would likely be on the front page of tomorrows mirror....

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
There are some photos of fighting before the game available but they don't look that bad.

Natener

Because City has a better squad and likely the most dangerous team to watch out for under Pep. Tottenham's squad is at least just as strong as Liverpool and Poch has them clicking for the most part. Leicester are champions and I think it's disrespectful to write them off. They know CL is new territory, so I doubt they would prioritise it. We are an unknown still given our managerial situation, but if Mourinho comes in it's not beyond him to get us in the mix. Hard to say for Chelsea under Conte but you think Roman would settle for a target of just top 4? Arsenal is Arsenal.

And even the Liverpool fans themselves expect Klopp to make quite a few signings to make them his own team. They don't need to gel? 6 other teams they have to contend with. Getting top 4 will be a challenge in itself and you think they are among the favourites for PL?

Needham

It's a great thing. It's a reducer. Their season with a shiny new manager ends up nothing more than 8th position in the league, their worst since 94 (under Souness). Coutinho might just be tempted by a CL team. Klopp -who I don't think likes the cut of Sturridge's jib- is stuck with the crock. Their high intensity pressing game is sussable, and often doesn't last the course of a match, let alone a season. They are a cup team that bottles finals. Even, say, West ham will supersede them for attention next season and are about as appealing a draw for new players. Klopp's only hope is to go full German and import native language speakers to grasp his message. They are a mid table club.