Europa League final: Liverpool vs Sevilla

Needham

Sevilla fans gave a good account of themselves even though they were outnumbered 3 - 1.

Fener1907

After he scored the goal, Sturridge did that duck flapping dance right in front of the Sevilla supporters to rile them up :lol:
I always want them to lose that bit more whenever he does that dance, and also because he does that prayer thing like he's some foreign legend from a staunchly Catholic country. Loved it when he was just strolling around as they were on their way to picking up their loser medals.

ants7

This was exactly the positive kick I needed after a poor conclusion to our PL season. Great match to watch for "neutrals". ;)

Robbie Boy

This was pretty huge to be honest. Not only have they missed out on a CL place, they won't be in Europe at all next season. This was a massive opportunity for them to get back into the CL and I honestly think they will struggle massively to get top four next season.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Well done to Michael Owen for predicting the 3-1 score! :lol:

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
What shit show that 2nd half was :mad: Moreno needs shipped out in the summer, the man has zero defensive intelligence.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
a bit late to the party my bad :nervous:

Dem Tears

Strudel and Henderson doing the StevieMeNoCamera

Selfie anyone? Coutinho

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
It's a great thing. It's a reducer. Their season with a shiny new manager ends up nothing more than 8th position in the league, their worst since 94 (under Souness). Coutinho might just be tempted by a CL team. Klopp -who I don't think likes the cut of Sturridge's jib- is stuck with the crock. Their high intensity pressing game is sussable, and often doesn't last the course of a match, let alone a season. They are a cup team that bottles finals. Even, say, West ham will supersede them for attention next season and are about as appealing a draw for new players. Klopp's only hope is to go full German and import native language speakers to grasp his message. They are a mid table club.
They need a new goalie, two central defenders and a leftback. Nobody can win big titles with this shambolic backline. If they can fix three of those four positions, they´ll be in the top 4 next year.

Moreno must be the dumbest player I have ever seen on this level. If he was not uber-athletic he couldn´t play with grandpas in the park. The fact that Toure is still the best central defender they have also speaks for itself. Sure the style is exhausting. Sure the ref fecked them over at least twice, but that 1st goal was 17 seconds after halftime and there were so many mistakes. The glaring ones were obviously by Moreno as usual, but Lovren and Mignolet didnt exactly cover themselves in glory either to allow that ball to go through the box unchallenged.

Kostur

海尔的老板
The selfie man is great.

Also, why not dance now to the camera you fecking crock? Why try to shoo him away you cnut?

Rossa

Looked to me like he wasn't trying.

Knew the game was up and yet trying to protect himself for the Euros as well knowing what his injury history is like.

And frankly, if there's even a shred of truth in that I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club, Liverpool fans.
Nah, he's lost a fair bit of pace. Seen it several times. He is still quality though.

redshaw

Glad to see at least the ref knew the rules of the game. Liverpool fans, Klopp and Owen Hargreaves seem to be totally oblivious to them. Credit to Steve Mac to call it properly. Michael Owen seemed to convey it was pretty unlucky it was given.

It's not like it took a slight deflection or was hard to see, it was blatant double play forward off two Liverpool players, the ref is remonstrating with the linesman as it happens, I was shouting onside the instant. You could see it from Mars. Looked like the penny dropped for Klopp when speaking to ref after the whistle.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Holy shit the selfie man.... ahhhh it feels good to laugh again.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Sure the ref fecked them over at least twice.
Did he? When?

The only things I can think of are:
The 'handball' which I think he was right about, and at worst it was 50/50 seen-it-given.
The 'offside goal' which has two problems if you claim the ref did them over 1) The guy wasn't in an offside position 2) The ball was played to him by two liverpool players, so it wouldn't have mattered even if he was.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
@pauldyson1uk I wasn't quoting you for you to delete your posts ffs :lol: The link directs you to someone taking the piss out of the open bus parade.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
It's a great thing. It's a reducer. Their season with a shiny new manager ends up nothing more than 8th position in the league, their worst since 94 (under Souness). Coutinho might just be tempted by a CL team. Klopp -who I don't think likes the cut of Sturridge's jib- is stuck with the crock. Their high intensity pressing game is sussable, and often doesn't last the course of a match, let alone a season. They are a cup team that bottles finals. Even, say, West ham will supersede them for attention next season and are about as appealing a draw for new players. Klopp's only hope is to go full German and import native language speakers to grasp his message. They are a mid table club.
Because City has a better squad and likely the most dangerous team to watch out for under Pep. Tottenham's squad is at least just as strong as Liverpool and Poch has them clicking for the most part. Leicester are champions and I think it's disrespectful to write them off. They know CL is new territory, so I doubt they would prioritise it. We are an unknown still given our managerial situation, but if Mourinho comes in it's not beyond him to get us in the mix. Hard to say for Chelsea under Conte but you think Roman would settle for a target of just top 4? Arsenal is Arsenal.

And even the Liverpool fans themselves expect Klopp to make quite a few signings to make them his own team. They don't need to gel? 6 other teams they have to contend with. Getting top 4 will be a challenge in itself and you think they are among the favourites for PL?
Yes. Probably the favourites counting out the possibility that we might get Mourinho. Klopp is just that good, and no European football means they'll be able to grow more organically rather than steroiding up their squad during this transfer window in the hope that they gel immediately and are suddenly able to combine the domestic and European obligations that they were so spectacularly unable to this season.

People are saying that no Champions League is a monumental blow to Klopp's transfer plans, whereas I disagree wholeheartedly. Klopp has never and will never try to sign the elite big names of the game who demand the immediate and grandest success, he'll go for astutely scouted young players from the Bundesliga who will respect him and buy into his philosophy unconditionally, they were so close to Champions League qualification that he'll be able to sell the idea that this season of not having it is just a one-off. They'll know him and believe him.

Natener

Yes. Probably the favourites counting out the possibility that we might get Mourinho. Klopp is just that good, and no European football means they'll be able to grow more organically rather than steroiding up their squad during this transfer window in the hope that they gel immediately and are suddenly able to combine the domestic and European obligations that they were so spectacularly unable to this season.

People are saying that no Champions League is a monumental blow to Klopp's transfer plans, whereas I disagree wholeheartedly. Klopp has never and will never try to sign the elite big names of the game who demand the immediate and grandest success, he'll go for astutely scouted young players from the Bundesliga who will respect him and buy into his philosophy unconditionally, they were so close to Champions League qualification that he'll be able to sell the idea that this season of not having it is just a one-off. They'll know him and believe him.
I don't rate Klopp as highly as you. He's a class manager but the others that will challenge for the league are no slouch either. Seems you won't be convinced anyway considering how highly you regard him. Only thing I can say is, just as I didn't agree with you that Liverpool would tear Sevilla apart (page 1 of thread), I also don't agree Liverpool will be among the favourites for PL next season. We'll find out in 12months' time.