European Cup Final 2011 tickets

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I'm being told theres names in al the UEFA-ballot ticktes to just to make sure , how tightly will they monitor ID's at the gate??
If anyone thinks they are going to check tens of thousands of tickets they're mad.

The logistics of it are impossible.

Uefa are not going to want a half empty ground at kick off because they're checking names on tickets mate. Of course you could be unlucky on a spot check but I'd seriously doubt it in any way.

I was never checked in Rome...

Rooney24

I'm being told theres names in al the UEFA-ballot ticktes to just to make sure , how tightly will they monitor ID's at the gate??
probably not at all. in rome i fluttered the thing in front of the guy and he just waved me on. could have been anything and he just signalled me on.

they just want to clear the people in front of them as soon as possible so hardly check especially when it is optimally busy around 45 minutes before kick off

Cal?

CR7 fan
I'm seriously tempted if tickets are available for 1,000 euro.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
What would one have to do to jib Wembley, out of interest?
It looked easy as piss on Saturday. Same as always, but without having to get past to the stewards outside this time! Just double up on someone with a ticket, when turnstile unlocks push into the back of them and go.

Although, i am seriously doubtful that UEFA won't have more security either side :(

Levi_Jm

What would one have to do to jib Wembley, out of interest?
It looked easy as piss on Saturday. Same as always, but without having to get past to the stewards outside this time! Just double up on someone with a ticket, when turnstile unlocks push into the back of them and go.

Although, i am seriously doubtful that UEFA won't have more security either side :(
Hmmmm.

AgainstAllOdds

Easiest to jib was Rome.

People were just swiping and passing tickets back.

When it didn't work then they went to a steward in an "office" they inspected the ticket to check it was genuine and just let them in.

Problem with Wembley (as far as a UEFA match is concerned) will be that no one without a ticket will be allowed close to the ground.

The tickets are massive Wembley size (as opposed to the recent credit card structure) and I think the material is harder cardboard or soft plastic. I haven't received mine in hand yet but I've got a photo of it.

Oh and I'll be slap bang in the middle in block 123 :smirk:

I wouldn't put it past the "too politically correct for their own good" English to do ID checks on entering the ground. This will be for ballot tickets however as club tickets for both teams will probably just have Finalist A and Finalist B.

Rory 7

anyone know anything about TixNet?

Are the punters on there selling by private sale just as bad as the craigslist thing?

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Easiest to jib was Rome.

People were just swiping and passing tickets back.

When it didn't work then they went to a steward in an "office" they inspected the ticket to check it was genuine and just let them in.

Problem with Wembley (as far as a UEFA match is concerned) will be that no one without a ticket will be allowed close to the ground.

The tickets are massive Wembley size (as opposed to the recent credit card structure) and I think the material is harder cardboard or soft plastic. I haven't received mine in hand yet but I've got a photo of it.

Oh and I'll be slap bang in the middle in block 123 :smirk:

I wouldn't put it past the "too politically correct for their own good" English to do ID checks on entering the ground. This will be for ballot tickets however as club tickets for both teams will probably just have Finalist A and Finalist B.
Got mine Saturday pal, they are like you said HUGE. But they don't have any kind of ID on them at all, and its normal flimsy cardboard.

I've spoke to a few on here about it, but you honestly won't be able to weigh up a jib until about an hour before kick off when you start to see what measures the security have in place.

Rory 7

Got mine Saturday pal, they are like you said HUGE. But they don't have any kind of ID on them at all, and its normal flimsy cardboard.

I've spoke to a few on here about it, but you honestly won't be able to weigh up a jib until about an hour before kick off when you start to see what measures the security have in place.
are you serious?
no ID on the tickets?

Rory 7

Scribbled the necessary details out for obvious reasons.

If it were upto me I'd never buy one off a tout site, I'd be trusting eBay and thats about it tbh

Cheers. No I don't want to buy one off a tout.
Viagogo - which is basically touts - at a stretch.
Looked at the TixNet site but I think some on there are scamming.

I am hoping a travel agent in Ireland will come through for me - if we get there...

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
2 grand for a ticket? feck me! I was considering up to 500-700, but not a chance for 2 grand. :(

AgainstAllOdds

Yea I got mine too. They're just shitty normal Wembley tickets and would be easy to fake so watch out lads.

In Madrid there was a cordon of police filtering anyone without tickets from getting close to the ground, then another check before going to the entrances then the obvious ticket swipe at the entrance with stewards checking tickets and directing people just after barriers.

Good job I've mine however. I will be contemplating swapping for four Category three tickets however. We'll see what comes up.

Eriku

Seriously tempted to nick a ticket for 1100 quid on viatout, considering it be a safe source and all... only thing now is that I don't want to wind up amid a bunch of Barcaites... What sort of tickets do the fans of either side get? Is it any specific category? Will Viagogo start adding details like whether it's in the United or Barca or a neutral end as it becomes evident who's going to the final?

Sir A1ex

IanDangerously

Wembley is an easy jib.
How seriously will they be checking tickets around the stadium though before you actually get to the gates? I know UEFA have been talking about ID checks but they always say that and never do it!

Will you need to show a ticket to get up wembley way to the ground? I'm pretty sure when its busiest half an hour or so before kickoff their main concern is going to be getting all the fans in. When there's 160 million pairs of eyes on your showpiece night, you don't want the game kicking off in a half empty stadium ... :nervous:

Red_Jamie

My boss offered me £2200 for my two at work today. He's not been to a game all season! :lol:

They've got to start getting photo i.d on tickets or something similar because it just ends up with those who can afford it offering silly amounts of cash for tickets and real fans missing out. Disgusting really.

Sir A1ex

They've got to start getting photo i.d on tickets or something similar because it just ends up with those who can afford it offering silly amounts of cash for tickets and real fans missing out. Disgusting really.
They should also give more than 58% of the tickets to the two clubs. There's no reason for 36,000 people with no affiliation to either finalist to be there. Also disgusting.

Sir A1ex

Seriously tempted to nick a ticket for 1100 quid on viatout, considering it be a safe source and all... only thing now is that I don't want to wind up amid a bunch of Barcaites... What sort of tickets do the fans of either side get? Is it any specific category? Will Viagogo start adding details like whether it's in the United or Barca or a neutral end as it becomes evident who's going to the final?
What's this talk of Viagogo having tickets... Where would they be getting them from?

Red_Jamie

Even if there are so many people trying it that the security and police can't actually deal with the problem? :nervous:
I'd love that to be the case but how will that work? On what scale are you talking here? If they fear too many people are getting in/around the ground without tickets we'll probably see an increased presence/delayed kick off.

I jib games often myself and I jibbed the Carling Cup final last year at Wembley and it was as easy a jib as i've ever done. But with the amounts of people trying to jib this one we'll see at least one (possibly more) barrier before you get near the stadium and loads more spotters than usual at the turnstiles. It won't be an easy jib. We'll probably be advised to make our way into the stadium upwards of an hour before kick off so that if those without tickets start to cause too many problems we'll still have those with tickets inside the ground in time for kick off.