European Cup Final 2011 tickets

Sir A1ex

Eriku

Very odd - I don't see how on "official" site like Viagogo can get away with selling any.

10,000 krone is over £1,000 right?
Presumably different rules apply here in Nogland.

Just over, yush. Then come the added fees, ofc, leaving me 1100-1200 quid out of pocket.

Tbh I'd like a win guarantee with that.

IanDangerously

I'd love that to be the case but how will that work? On what scale are you talking here? If they fear too many people are getting in/around the ground without tickets we'll probably see an increased presence/delayed kick off.

I jib games often myself and I jibbed the Carling Cup final last year at Wembley and it was as easy a jib as i've ever done. But with the amounts of people trying to jib this one we'll see at least one (possibly more) barrier before you get near the stadium and loads more spotters than usual at the turnstiles. It won't be an easy jib. We'll probably be advised to make our way into the stadium upwards of an hour before kick off so that if those without tickets start to cause too many problems we'll still have those with tickets inside the ground in time for kick off.
With the final being in England and no doubt thousands of desperate ticketless fans milling around on the day, if people take advantage of how crowded it is when the most fans are going in to slip through the barriers and then run and disappear into the crowd ... if enough people do that there'd have to be literally hundreds of police officers there to catch them all!

I could definitely see it turning chaotic if enough people try it!

phelans shorts

With the final being in England and no doubt thousands of desperate ticketless fans milling around on the day, if people take advantage of how crowded it is when the most fans are going in to slip through the barriers and then run and disappear into the crowd ... if enough people do that there'd have to be literally hundreds of police officers there to catch them all!

I could definitely see it turning chaotic if enough people try it!
If that were to happen I could see a repeat of a certain incident in April 1989 happening, just without the fence.

Sir A1ex

Presumably different rules apply here in Nogland.
Still got to be against UK law to sell-on a ticket to a UK football match, even if you sell it to somebody abroad. Also surely against UEFA regs, which is dodgy given their official partner status with many major European clubs,

Eriku

Still got to be against UK law to sell-on a ticket to a UK football match, even if you sell it to somebody abroad. Also surely against UEFA regs, which is dodgy given their official partner status with many major European clubs,
Perhaps the company is partitioned somehow? That the Noggy site doesn't operate from the UK?

Either way, if that seems implausible, what then would explain the availability of tickets on the Norwegian site?

Sir A1ex

If that were to happen I could see a repeat of a certain incident in April 1989 happening, just without the fence.
A repeat couldn't happen per se - that was one large terraced enclosure with a big gate going into it, Wembley is lots of small entrances into small areas of seating. You have to go up a friggin escalator to get to half the seats!

That isn't to say that a dangerous crush couldn't occur outside or around the entrances to the stadium, mind.

phelans shorts

A repeat couldn't happen per se - that was one large terraced enclosure with a big gate going into it, Wembley is lots of small entrances into small areas of seating. You have to go up a friggin escalator to get to half the seats!

That isn't to say that a dangerous crush couldn't occur outside or around the entrances to the stadium, mind.
Yeah the second bit was what I meant, similar outcomes possible with such amounts of jibbing.

Sir A1ex

Perhaps the company is partitioned somehow? That the Noggy site doesn't operate from the UK?
Seems likely to be something like that, but it doesn't really vindicate them in terms of supposeduly being a reputable company, and official partners of most Premier League and Bundesliga clubs...

Eriku

Seems likely to be something like that, but it doesn't really vindicate them in terms of supposeduly being a reputable company, and official partners of most Premier League and Bundesliga clubs...
As if reputation and ethics are included in their bottom line ;P

Eriku

No, but losing their contract with Europes top clubs would be...
Might not be an issue, it seems...

GAWD I'm wrestling with this... come next pay check I'm going to have to make a decision as to I'm willing to bet 1000 quid on United winning. Wouldn't want to have that much hanging over me, reminding me of what I'd rather forget... last loss to Barcelona left me feeling ill. *groans*

IanDangerously

Might not be an issue, it seems...

GAWD I'm wrestling with this... come next pay check I'm going to have to make a decision as to I'm willing to bet 1000 quid on United winning. Wouldn't want to have that much hanging over me, reminding me of what I'd rather forget... last loss to Barcelona left me feeling ill. *groans*
I'm in a similar predicament ... I know for a fact that I couldn't handle it if I paid that much and we lost the game, but I also know for a fact that I'll regret not paying it if we win! It's a catch 22

Eriku

A grand's well out of my price range these days... will have to console myslef with memories of Moscow!
See, that's what I want!

Dangerously: I'm going to spring for it if I can foot it, I reckon... gonna tell myself that if nothing else, I've been there for our 5th venture into the European Cup final... and at least then I'll be able to say I've seen that side which the world wanked over for 10 years or however long it's going to be before Barca stop outclassing the rest.

Rory 7

does anyone know where the Cat 3 tickets will leave you - are they behind the goal?

or are they along the pitch but up in the sky? - like our north stand?

GlennST

Lost his Focus
I'm pretty sure Cat 3 are behind the goals. Cat 2 are corners, Cat 1 down the sides.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
A grand's well out of my price range these days... will have to console myslef with memories of Moscow!
It is a pretty good consolation though !

I've more or less resigned myself to not getting a ticket for the final this year (assuming we get there, I still feel a bit uneasy about discussing it before the semi is over)- eventhough I have 2 season tickets I have no chance of getting one from the club because I opted out this season.

Im not willing to pay the kind of prices that are being mentioned but Im not that bothered because like you I was in Moscow so 'been there, done that and got the tshirt!' :D

Eriku

I'm seeing a bunch of near face value tickets offered on craigslist... methinks I smell a rat... can't be that many sellers that can't go and who have a heart of gold.

Blair

I'm seeing a bunch of near face value tickets offered on craigslist... methinks I smell a rat... can't be that many sellers that can't go and who have a heart of gold.
You'd be nuts to even entertain that.

I'd kill for a pair of tickets.....

My boss is going with his mate and he's a fecking Rangers fan, doesn't even like United :mad:

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
See, that's what I want!

Dangerously: I'm going to spring for it if I can foot it, I reckon... gonna tell myself that if nothing else, I've been there for our 5th venture into the European Cup final... and at least then I'll be able to say I've seen that side which the world wanked over for 10 years or however long it's going to be before Barca stop outclassing the rest.
Go for it.

Who knows, you might also be able to say that you were at the match and saw the players who outclassed and beat the team that the world wanked over for 10 years.

Rory 7

I'm pretty sure Cat 3 are behind the goals. Cat 2 are corners, Cat 1 down the sides.
A bloke trying to sell a ticket to me for 900 euro sent me a pic.

Its block 528 which is pitch-side - row 27 which would be miles back - so that would be like the north stand...

So it looks like Cat 3 are up there....

For the Old Trafford final a few years back I won tickets from UEFA and they were Cat 3.....back row of the North Stand!

DocRockter

A bloke trying to sell a ticket to me for 900 euro sent me a pic.
Its block 528 which is pitch-side - row 27 which would be miles back - so that would be like the north stand...
So it looks like Cat 3 are up there....

FFS.. I got one Cat 3 ticket from the UEFA ballot.. 202€ for a seat in the skies.

Well, it's the Final I guess, but I was really excited when it said on the UEFA FAQ section that "Price Category 3 (along touchline, level 5)"..

ashy7

FFS.. I got one Cat 3 ticket from the UEFA ballot.. 202€ for a seat in the skies.

Well, it's the Final I guess, but I was really excited when it said on the UEFA FAQ section that "Price Category 3 (along touchline, level 5)"..
Who gives a feck where the seat is? You've got a ticket for the European cup final, that hopefully United are going to be in, and you're gutted about where you're sat?!

If you're really upset I'll take it off your hands!

DocRockter

Who gives a feck where the seat is? You've got a ticket for the European cup final, that hopefully United are going to be in, and you're gutted about where you're sat?!

You'r absolutely right about that mate, my problem is with UEFA..

The price for a seat that doesn't give you any communication with the players is just too expensive.

gaz hacket

This

Rory 7

Yeah the cat 3 tickets are a con from UEFA but I would have been thrilled if I had won one in the lottery. The year I was successful I applied for cat 3. Ever since I've applied for level 1 and never gotten one.

Rory 7

just as a matter of interest have any ballot winners got their ticket yet?
do they look like the ones poster earlier in the thread?

AgainstAllOdds

does anyone know where the Cat 3 tickets will leave you - are they behind the goal?

or are they along the pitch but up in the sky? - like our north stand?
This year they are everywhere. Level 5's you got CAT 1, 2 and 3 in all the longside blocks.

In the lower blocks you have just CAT 1 and CAT 2.

Big fecking mess if you asking me. Don't only go by the value in the face of the ticket, as there's loads of CAT 2's better than CAT 1's!

IanDangerously

As much as I'd love to be there, I've come to terms now with the fact that I can't afford a ticket for the final even if I had the chance to buy one. It's not worth getting into huge debt over when I have virtually no cash as it is, but I'll still go to London and just enjoy the day anyway wherever I end up watching the final. :)

Rory 7

Na, mine are fake :rolleyes:
LOL I wasn't suggesting yours are fake. A bloke trying to sell me a ticket had a pic with tickets that look the same as yours. Was just looking to see if other ballot winners had got theirs yet and if any of em look different. When did you receive yours starkie?

AgainstAllOdds

Only thing to check for when getting the tickets is the side of the tickets, if you can see green in the middle then they're genuine.

They've a thin green paper going through the middle of the ticket, on the inside, put two tickets together and look at them sideways, you'll be able to spot it!

I'm always right

Very odd - I don't see how on "official" site like Viagogo can get away with selling any.

10,000 krone is over £1,000 right?

Looks like quite a few other nationalities can get them too - Spain, USA... thanks a bunch Viagogo, don't worry about the UK.
Touting isn't illegal in those countries, so why shouldn't viagogo offer a safe place for buyers?

What the funk does the UK have to do with anything?

phelans shorts

Applications accepted from ST holders who have bought ALL 10 cup games this season. European away credits will boost chances.

Fair enough, more confident than ever now too!

GlennST

Lost his Focus
Thanks TV, I was worried there for a moment that it might be too close to the final to suit my personal circumstances but we're laughing now.

I have £900 budget, if you hear off any then let me know mate.

The money is in my Nigerian bank acccount and simply needs released by Bank. Any ticket seller will just have to pay the trasnfer fee and the £900 will be sent straight into their bank account, honest.

My uncle is a Nigerian lottery winner, he'll back me up.