European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Counterfactual

The organization chart

President: florentino perez (real madrid)
Vice President: joel glazer (man united)
Vice President: john henry (liverpool)
Vice President: stan kroenke (arsenal)
Vice President: andrea agnelli (juventus)

Clubs
Real madrid
Barcelona
Atletico madrid
Manchester Utd
Manchester city
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Tottenham
Inter
Milan
Juventus
Doesn't smell right. Where's Bayern? (edit: and PSG)

predator

Youth NITK
The organization chart

President: florentino perez (real madrid)
Vice President: joel glazer (man united)
Vice President: john henry (liverpool)
Vice President: stan kroenke (arsenal)
Vice President: andrea agnelli (juventus)

Clubs
Real madrid
Barcelona
Atletico madrid
Manchester Utd
Manchester city
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Tottenham
Inter
Milan
Juventus
DS Steve Arnott likes this.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
What the hell is Spurs doing in that list? :lol:

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
The PR reaction has killed this. Sad because it was such a great idea.

PSV

Any breakaway from FIFA/UEFA is a relief to see. I'd rather see a club-owned/club-run league. If it gets worse we (fans) just abandon it, that's how the market works.

Here's to hoping UEFA/FIFA crash and burn. Throw in FA too. This will be great.

::sonny::

Macronne statement

France, the Elysée communiqué continues, "will support all the steps" taken by the French League, UEFA and FIFA "to protect the integrity of federal, national and European competitions".

Ranchero

Only this European Super League is a long running plan, not something cooked up overnight.

In 2018 Germany’s Der Spiegel reported on a European Super League after uncovering documents from Football Leaks outlining the competition.

And there has been much discussion behind the scenes ever since.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They wouldn't get nearly the same amount of participation fee that the likes of United or real are likely to get. The big guys will also no doubt have some other rules to suit them
No, they were offered the same deal than every other founders, as did Bayern, Schalke, Dortmund, Lyon and iirc Marseille. The fact that all french and german clubs haven't been mentioned today is strange.

Hammerfell

Macronne statement

France, the Elysée communiqué continues, "will support all the steps" taken by the French League, UEFA and FIFA "to protect the integrity of federal, national and European competitions".
Macron.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Again, that how I understand. No one has said anything about leaving CL. The issue here is , UEFA isn't getting their share and that's it. It has nothing to do integrity. UEFA doesn't want FIFA to eat all the money with the clubs from Europe.
The Superleague is a replacement for the Champions League set in a league format in which case the founding members are permanent members.

This is the rich clubs buying a permanent spot in the new European Superleague.

No fans want this. No leagues want this. This will end the European competitions as we know them. The ONLY people that want this are the respective club owners.

Tibs

The FA, Uefa, Boris and Co can feck off with their condemnation, as if they're not bent as feck themselves.

On the Super League....it is already tarnished by having Spurs there.

TommiHelm

All about the money, which it has been for a while now I guess. Frankly I've began to just not care. Owners with zero interest in the club outside of filling their own pockets. 22 millionaires kicking a ball and feeling sorry for themselves when things don't go their way. Why should I sympathize, care for or support this? Would probably be the final nail in the coffin for my interest in the game.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The clubs won't leave CL, they'll be kicked out from it. UEFA won't acknowledge this competition by allowing the clubs to play in both and just move on. It undermines them if they allowed these teams to still participate in their own competitions.

And there's no place in the agenda to fit both together anyway. You can't shoehorn the league + domestic cups + CL + this shit competition in one agenda. The clubs will prefer the money offered in this competition more than the less money offered by CL. You're dreaming if you think it's just an added competition to the list. It's supposed to replace the CL all together because these clubs aren't content with its money.
No one is kicking anyone out. They can all scare the clubs like that but it just won't stand in the court. The PL money and CL money of TV rights was signed for these clubs. Imagine the number of lawsuits from the broadcasters (let alone the clubs being banned actually) . Let's say, it just won't happen.

Now having a place, that's a different discussion altogether. Looks like you are the one who is assuming here. I would rather wait for more details on how this is planned actually.
Let's not overreact.

Longshanks

The idea of a european super league has been around for ever. It's a power play I think, or I hope.

I'm not completely against a super league but it would have to have some form of qualification relegation/promotion the closed shop idea is just monopolising the market and an absolute no go,if it did happen than I think it would be the end for me, I wouldn't watch it.

MDFC Manager

No, they were offered the same deal than every other founders, as did Bayern, Schalke, Dortmund, Lyon and iirc Marseille. The fact that all french and german clubs haven't been mentioned today is strange.
Don't know where I read it, but the proposed payouts to the clubs were quite different from each other

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Honestly. Every club that signed this, dock them 40 points. Do something that damages them. I don't even care at this point.

Relegate them. Us included.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Fact is, if plans benefited each individual countries football association, there'd be none of this talk of disgrace, farcical etc. The narrative would be feck uefa because, feck uefa.

None the club's, the boards or the associations are thinking of fans, it's their own respective interests and that's it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The Superleague is a replacement for the Champions League set in a league format in which case the founding members are permanent members.

This is the rich clubs buying a permanent spot in the new European Superleague.

No fans want this. No leagues want this. This will end the European competitions as we know them. The ONLY people that want this are the respective club owners.
This is your assumption. Show me where exactly did they mention its a replacement for CL.

TheGodsInRed

Don't get too emotionally invested in this guys. It's just posturing between greedy organisations wanting bigger pie. Grab some popcorn and enjoy the show, it won't happen.

Gasolin

I thought they "refused". There are probably some good reasons. France and Germany may not have the "biggest" clubs, though it's debatable for Bayern, but they are the strongest countries economically. I think it will be interesting.