European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
FIFA surely need to ban any player from international tournaments, that'll kill this instantly.
Surely then the ESL can just create their own World Cup format, making it all inclusive of course but away from Fifa regulation.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
On the one hand I love the fact they just stick it to the UEFA and FIFA but on the other hand it makes them the exact same corrupt bastards. The Glazers are the most despicable, arrogant, self-centered, heartless cnuts in football for me. True businessmen, have to give 'em that.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
UEFA brought it on themselves. They killed European competition with the UCL being so bloated. They then just added a third competition even though no one gives a feck about the secondary competition.

They tampered with something that wasn’t broken long ago

predator

Youth NITK
Cancelling this years CL and Europa must make the players act surely. There must 100s of players with European club clauses in contracts if they win or score in the competitions. Gonna be a legal nightmare.
Pogba apparently gets a 1.85million bonus for qualifying for the CL. Bet he's been on he phone to Raiola all night :lol:

AshRK

Curious to see how the players and managers react. Surely players won't be happy is their club is eliminated from europa or CL. Or if they can't represent their country.

Expecting more twists and turns.

hobbers

Fans pundits and media should start piling pressure on players, and especially managers, to boycott this shit.

And on team sponsors obviously.

Lets finally do some good with cancel culture.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
So how is two teams playing in a European Super League the same as a friendly? Strange comparison.
There's no relegation. It's exactly the same situation as the National league right now and I can tell you the games below the promotion chasers are currently completely pointless.

Seto007

The people overreacting about this need not to worry.. because of the massive backlash against the Super League it will never see the light of day.

Stick to your same old stale boring champions league and don't moan about it in future!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
That's exactly how I feel. A bunch of greedy men have banded together to try and destroy our game and sacrifice it on the altar of cash. This can't be allowed to happen. Fans, National associations, other clubs, the resistance has to be unyielding. They couldn't even wait for this season to end??? Suddenly I'm not sure what we're playing for the next few weeks.
Agreed

RedStarUnited

FIFA surely need to ban any player from international tournaments, that'll kill this instantly.
More like it will kill the international competitions.

No one is sponsoring or watching a world cup without the best players in it. The players/clubs have the upper hand here.

Red Viking

I honestly think any club joining this super club should be demoted by default to the lowest national ranking league. These club owners have gone way to far in their self interest and its hugely damaging to the national leagues as owners that are only in it for the money will force the clubs to prioritize the Super League regardless of what being said in the public. These clubs need to be taught a serious lesson and any ownership of these clubs should be annulled and the ownership structure that have allowed this need to be restructured in a way than fans have more power rather than the owners on certain matters like joining and leaving current football leagues.

Hoof the ball

If all games you play in the competition are against other big teams and only that, then how will you ever learn to appreciate a big game when it happens?!

They're like, "F*ck yeah! More big games, eat it bro!", but what makes a game versus a big team feel special is that the moment is irregularly occurring.

More is not better from an experiential perspective. You want to feel the prestige of the encounter but it's going to be the law of diminishing returns.

Denis Irwinning

Will it?

Can people stop just saying this please? Just explain why. Not one person I've read or watched has really made an actual case for this.

All I see is emotional outburst. It's frankly embarrassing how little actual discussion is going on. So many people aren't even bothering debating it. It's really frustrating. It's like wading through a crowded room of grown adults having toddler style tantrums on the floor. Stop being such a bunch of wet wipes and talk about it properly ffs.

Gary Neville has really got a lot of you going. It's scary how easily everyone seems to be lapping up Sky and BT's outrage. I can guarantee you it isn't because they care about the fans.

I suspect I've thought it through a lot more than you so leave the atrwnots at patronising to the side. I'm not saying I'm on board with it but I've at least genuinely contemplated the reasons this could be both good and bad, I don't think for a second that you have.
Give us the good then?

SwedishFish

Feels like I've been stabbed through the heart. feck the Glazers, Pérez, Kroenke, etc.

1869 - 2021
What about the Hungarian Clubs that basically bought their way to CL using funds handed down by the government? Are they much better?

This whole holier than thou stance is frankly ridiculous. There are so many crooks in football these days. Just look at teams like Istanbul Basaksehir etc.

crossy1686

career ending
So you haven't read the official statement? Or the statement from Arsenal, Liverpool and spurs? It's in plain English

Besides which, it's all irrelevant. Our club have signed up to this. No consultation with supporters. Just by signing up they have betrayed every single supporter.

Dortmund, Bayern and PSG have all had the integrity to immediately refuse to join.
I haven't had chance! I'm getting about 15 replies a second at the moment. I'll read up on everything tomorrow when the dust settled. Don't really care right now as the sentiment around it is 95% negative so there's a total imbalance of rational thinking

padr81

Supports
Man City
Perez and the Glazers must have been drunk when they invited Spurs
Much and all as I hate it and Glaston will likely have a novel about why the belong, Spurs are one of the 10 biggest clubs and most valuable in Europe atm. They make financial sense.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
There will definitely be a second tier at some point I think.
MLS has two expanded conferences, and they've never considered introducing a second tier with promotion or relegation. They're going to introduce 3-4 more clubs over the next few years into the existing two conferences.

Let's see if the SL can actually contemplate introducing a second tier. I think they might given that they grew up in more traditional football structures, and I think football will get shaped around this SL instead of central confederations such as UEFA.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
More like it will kill the international competitions.

No one is sponsoring or watching a world cup without the best players in it. The players/clubs have the upper hand here.
Players want to play in World Cups and represent their country... I definitely don't think that threat is nothing

hobbers

Surely players were aware of this?
I guarantee you they will not have been informed.

If for no other reason than because players would obviously leak this news. They all found out today. Probably the same story with managers.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I honestly think any club joining this super club should be demoted by default to the lowest national ranking league. These club owners have gone way to far in their self interest and its hugely damaging to the national leagues as owners that are only in it for the money will force the clubs to prioritize the Super League regardless of what being said in the public. These clubs need to be taught a serious lesson and any ownership of these clubs should be annulled and the ownership structure that have allowed this need to be restructured in a way than fans have more power rather than the owners on certain matters like joining and leaving current football leagues.
:lol: :lol: good luck with all of that!