European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spurs...

covert-ops-youre-doing-it-wrong

But they're all clowns really.

Perez and the Glazers must have been drunk when they invited Spurs

Much and all as I hate it and Glaston will likely have a novel about why the belong, Spurs are one of the 10 biggest clubs and most valuable in Europe atm. They make financial sense.

There will definitely be a second tier at some point I think.
MLS has two expanded conferences, and they've never considered introducing a second tier with promotion or relegation. They're going to introduce 3-4 more clubs over the next few years into the existing two conferences.

Let's see if the SL can actually contemplate introducing a second tier. I think they might given that they grew up in more traditional football structures, and I think football will get shaped around this SL instead of central confederations such as UEFA.

More like it will kill the international competitions.

No one is sponsoring or watching a world cup without the best players in it. The players/clubs have the upper hand here.

Players want to play in World Cups and represent their country... I definitely don't think that threat is nothing

I honestly think any club joining this super club should be demoted by default to the lowest national ranking league. These club owners have gone way to far in their self interest and its hugely damaging to the national leagues as owners that are only in it for the money will force the clubs to prioritize the Super League regardless of what being said in the public. These clubs need to be taught a serious lesson and any ownership of these clubs should be annulled and the ownership structure that have allowed this need to be restructured in a way than fans have more power rather than the owners on certain matters like joining and leaving current football leagues.

:lol: :lol: good luck with all of that!

UEFA brought it on themselves. They killed European competition with the UCL being so bloated. They then just added a third competition even though no one gives a feck about the secondary competition.

They tampered with something that wasn’t broken long ago
How does the UCL being bloated kill European competition ffs? What a load of nonsense

Basically this super leg will make football another American sport with the same rules, league with fixed set of teams with same teams, play off and stuff.

The other competitions for these teams will be just to prepare for it, but sure it's ok yeah ?

I'm sorry I just can't accept this future for the sport and United.

UEFA brought it on themselves. They killed European competition with the UCL being so bloated. They then just added a third competition even though no one gives a feck about the secondary competition.

They tampered with something that wasn’t broken long ago

Frankly they also fecked it big time with the failure of FFP. They were too afraid to actually apply it properly.

I was alive and a Utd fan of 16 years when the PL arrived and it was absolutely nothing like this.
For fecking obvious reasons.

Right, but a lot of similar things are being said as I've previously heard as being said then. There were people concerned about Sky and the greed of a new league and the gap it would open up.

I've literally watched people talk about it, long before any of this Super League talk was about.

I haven't had chance! I'm getting about 15 replies a second at the moment. I'll read up on everything tomorrow when the dust settled. Don't really care right now as the sentiment around it is 95% negative so there's a total imbalance of rational thinking
So how are you opining on this when you haven't read the details? Surely you must side with fellow fans who've actually read what's out there.

If you have the time to defend the Glazers, surely you must inform yourself first?

Reckon its time Boris steps in and nationalises top English clubs and Arsenal.

I didn't get a single message from United about this. I wonder if anyone else did. So we the fans don't even matter? What a betrayal. These mercenaries need to go, and be banned from owning football clubs.

If all games you play in the competition are against other big teams and only that, then how will you ever learn to appreciate a big game when it happens?!

They're like, "F*ck yeah! More big games, eat it bro!", but what makes a game versus a big team feel special is that the moment is irregularly occurring.

More is not better from an experiential perspective. You want to feel the prestige of the encounter but it's going to be the law of diminishing returns.

Don't worry, a natural pecking order will quickly establish itself in the super league. Remember Spurs & Arsenal are also part of this, and we'll be one of the middle of the pack guys.

Yeah - they won their fecking league which gave them a lot more right to be there than us but don't let that stop you setting yourself on fire it would probably be the highlight of the night.
Great, Lincoln Red Imps won the Gibraltar league last year, get them in the group stage as well, deserved entry.

So how is two teams playing in a European Super League the same as a friendly? Strange comparison.
You asked, I answered.
I'm not entirely surprised that you can't remember the context of your own question though.

Perez.. "We will help football at every level and take it to its rightful place in the world. Football is the only global sport in the world with more than four billion fans and our responsibility as big clubs is to respond to their desires.”

Feck off.

(Glazer and Agnellis are just as bad).

The club statement is shocking... they must live in a parallel universe or think we're thick.

Also this midweek schedule - they think it's their own league and this? Thought the association's and Uefa said they're out if they do this?

The way these 12 clubs have gone about this smacks of the same self-serving greed and ignorance we can lay at the feet of UEFA, but that they're actually trying to paint themselves as the saviours of football really does f*ck me off.

Surely then the ESL can just create their own World Cup format, making it all inclusive of course but away from Fifa regulation.

A group of club decides to create an exclusive league in order to funnel all the cash in their direction and your hypothetical mentions potential inclusiveness from that lot?

When will they change the transfers business to draft system like American sports ? Might be the next step.