European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Denis Irwinning

UEFA brought it on themselves. They killed European competition with the UCL being so bloated. They then just added a third competition even though no one gives a feck about the secondary competition.

They tampered with something that wasn’t broken long ago
How does the UCL being bloated kill European competition ffs? What a load of nonsense

el3mel

Basically this super leg will make football another American sport with the same rules, league with fixed set of teams with same teams, play off and stuff.

The other competitions for these teams will be just to prepare for it, but sure it's ok yeah ?

I'm sorry I just can't accept this future for the sport and United.

SwedishFish

UEFA brought it on themselves. They killed European competition with the UCL being so bloated. They then just added a third competition even though no one gives a feck about the secondary competition.

They tampered with something that wasn’t broken long ago
Frankly they also fecked it big time with the failure of FFP. They were too afraid to actually apply it properly.

Fox outside the box

I was alive and a Utd fan of 16 years when the PL arrived and it was absolutely nothing like this.
For fecking obvious reasons.
Right, but a lot of similar things are being said as I've previously heard as being said then. There were people concerned about Sky and the greed of a new league and the gap it would open up.

I've literally watched people talk about it, long before any of this Super League talk was about.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I haven't had chance! I'm getting about 15 replies a second at the moment. I'll read up on everything tomorrow when the dust settled. Don't really care right now as the sentiment around it is 95% negative so there's a total imbalance of rational thinking
So how are you opining on this when you haven't read the details? Surely you must side with fellow fans who've actually read what's out there.

If you have the time to defend the Glazers, surely you must inform yourself first?

Suv666

Reckon its time Boris steps in and nationalises top English clubs and Arsenal.

Okey

I didn't get a single message from United about this. I wonder if anyone else did. So we the fans don't even matter? What a betrayal. These mercenaries need to go, and be banned from owning football clubs.

Skills

Snitch
If all games you play in the competition are against other big teams and only that, then how will you ever learn to appreciate a big game when it happens?!

They're like, "F*ck yeah! More big games, eat it bro!", but what makes a game versus a big team feel special is that the moment is irregularly occurring.

More is not better from an experiential perspective. You want to feel the prestige of the encounter but it's going to be the law of diminishing returns.
Don't worry, a natural pecking order will quickly establish itself in the super league. Remember Spurs & Arsenal are also part of this, and we'll be one of the middle of the pack guys.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah - they won their fecking league which gave them a lot more right to be there than us but don't let that stop you setting yourself on fire it would probably be the highlight of the night.
Great, Lincoln Red Imps won the Gibraltar league last year, get them in the group stage as well, deserved entry.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
So how is two teams playing in a European Super League the same as a friendly? Strange comparison.
You asked, I answered.
I'm not entirely surprised that you can't remember the context of your own question though.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Perez.. "We will help football at every level and take it to its rightful place in the world. Football is the only global sport in the world with more than four billion fans and our responsibility as big clubs is to respond to their desires.”

Feck off.

(Glazer and Agnellis are just as bad).

The club statement is shocking... they must live in a parallel universe or think we're thick.

Also this midweek schedule - they think it's their own league and this? Thought the association's and Uefa said they're out if they do this?

littlepeasoup

The way these 12 clubs have gone about this smacks of the same self-serving greed and ignorance we can lay at the feet of UEFA, but that they're actually trying to paint themselves as the saviours of football really does f*ck me off.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Surely then the ESL can just create their own World Cup format, making it all inclusive of course but away from Fifa regulation.
A group of club decides to create an exclusive league in order to funnel all the cash in their direction and your hypothetical mentions potential inclusiveness from that lot?

el3mel

When will they change the transfers business to draft system like American sports ? Might be the next step.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
This is absolutely surreal. This feels like a horrible nightmare. I've seen United go through up and downs. We've had good years and bad years, embarrassing defeats and magnificent successes. But this right now feels like the absolute worst I have felt about this club. This is a horrible idea and I would have little interest in seeing their progression through what is a glorified exhibition tournament.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
This is really happening isn't it?

Prepare for tv subscriptions and ticket prices to increase.

Be interesting to see if the domestic leagues have the balls to impose some serious punishment to the teams involved.
Please, those leagues are dead without those teams. Make no mistake, how many low league teams have profited off United and co?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I really hope our stars put in transfer requests. Lets see how well we do when bruno decides he wants to play in the euros for portugal and will leave utd.
United will tell him he’ll get 500k a week in the new super league and he’ll sign a new deal

crossy1686

career ending
So how are you opining on this when you haven't read the details? Surely you must side with fellow fans who've actually read what's out there.

If you have the time to defend the Glazers, surely you must inform yourself first?
I haven't defended the Glazers, you're wrongfully associating the SL with it being pro Glazer, lets stop that association immediately. The SL is it's own thing, not a pro and anti Glazer movement.

And I'm referring to the club tweets that have apparently been put out

always_hoping

One of the worst parts of this all is the fact the glazers are now certain to stay at the club long term due to the money involved in this European league. Hopefully the Premier league and Uefa blow this competition from starting.