European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwedishFish

Carragher is going to be really upset when he realises these idiots in charge don’t give a shit & will push this through, unless they get exactly what they want from UEFA. The fan backlash will mean little to them.
The best thing about this is that Liverpool can't take their famous moral highground.

I mean out of all these teams they are the most romanticized team. Proving to be no different from the rest of them.

littleman

While the Super League is blatantly a capitalist construction, I'm confused at the default reaction, which is funded through the mainstream media, that somehow the purity of football will be tarnished.

Football is already NOT pure today.

If you think FIFA and the various FAs, including and particularly the English FA, aren't corrupt and absorbing a ton of monetary value.. you're living in lala land.

The Super League is essentially about the clubs cutting out the corrupt middlemen (FA, FIFA, UEFA) to take the pie all for themselves.

I for one would like to see to see sustained, increased leverage from the clubs and further minimization of power in FIFA, English FA and UEFA. feck corrupt refereeing, feck awarding World Cups to countries that kill immigrants to build stadiums, feck Platini and lest we all forget, FIFA was raided a few years ago and found corrupt.

All paths are tainted by capitalist evils, but if FA/FIFA/UEFA continued to grow unchecked, it would only get worse. I'd love to see them squeal and maybe we can all get something better out of this.

Gaz Nev admitting he’s complicit, well yes arsehole, you’re complicit in sitting there wanking over City every week with your head buried in the sand as to what reaction being forced to compete financially with oil states was going to force upon the other top clubs.

Arseholes the lot of them.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I don't remember such an outcry when Chelsea and City basically paid oil money to buy the title. How is it different this time? At least now we will be able to compete with them financially with the ESL cash.
The elite competing with the elite week in week out? How dull and predictable.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I dont think this will happen still, but i dont understand how this has suddenly become an attack on football, when the current organizing body have signed off on a world cup in Qatar, turned a blind eye to massive FFP violations, and been accused of fraud multiple times.

I'm all for making football pure again, but its funny seeing Neville who has been silent about the Glazers all these years, suddenly get outraged and calling this an attack on football, when he is paid by Sky who have it a lot to lose if this goes through. Without even getting the facts, the narrative in all the media was the same within minutes.

And if it does happen, i dont see how the leagues survive without the mentioned 15 clubs. At some point, the tide will turn against UEFA as they are the ones who want these clubs out of the domestic leagues, and consequently damaging the leagues.

Somehow, i feel like it will be resolved, as UEFA and the domestic leagues have too much to lose.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I think Carragher and Neville were just being nice to Klopp because they know the last thing we all need now is more division and in-fighting.

Indirectly bringing up Neville mentioning YAWN, implying the fans shouldn't be outside with banners, Klopp made a fecking mess of that.

SwedishFish

Gaz Nev admitting he’s complicit, well yes arsehole, you’re complicit in sitting there wanking over City every week with your head buried in the sand as to what reaction being forced to compete financially with oil states was going to force upon the other top clubs.

Sky did feck all when Chelsea and City came about, they wanted it to happen then and now when it comes to bite them in the arse they are crying the loudest.

How very ironic.

tjb

Klopp lashing out at UEFA :lol:

Where is that managerial "walk off" thread
Klopp is right in everything he said. UEFA has ben imposing and enforcing without consultation for years, now their mad when there is push back.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think it would be totally counterproductive, I've made the point numerous times today, I just think the 6 teams have little point in competing in the league. I think there's a chance the other teams expel them too. I don't think it's up the the PL themselves.

Sky and BT but be absolutely shitting themselves.
Don't they need a 75% voting to do so (which I suspect, might have been one of the reasons for the Spurs invitation)?

cyberman

Was epic wasn't it.
Why is he laughing at Arsenal? They got destroyed by oil money. Disgusting investment changed the future of that club and are the biggest victims in the league imo. They shouldn't be laughed at. They are the result of the future doomsday scenario that hes peddling and theyre being mocked.

forevrared

I don't remember such an outcry when Chelsea and City basically paid oil money to buy the title. How is it different this time? At least now we will be able to compete with them financially with the ESL cash.
Must not have been a football fan at the time, then. Awful take.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
It is. The owners are hiding and making the managers the face of it all, when they are not to blame for this.
This is exactly right, make absolutely no mistake these players and managers have been put in an absolutely ridiculous and tough position.

Many of them have come from working class backgrounds, some of them have had childhoods where they’ve had to travel 6 hours with no boots just to get to training. They’ve been lucky to make a living out of this game and these faceless owners borne in to money intent on grabbing more have hung them out to dry.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
So if Dortmund joins we can probably forget about signing Haaland bc - why would he now care? He ll get paid a lot at Dortmund too then and not having to worth about qualifying for the CL.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Ironic that Premier League footballers are going to wear t-shirts saying football is for the fans while earning £50,000 a week.
I've always believed if there is anyone who deserves the big money that football generates, it's the players and coaches, not billionaire owners.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!

Well done.
You hit the nail on the head there.

Fully Fledged

I don't agree with the super league at all but the thing is, some of the things or discipline clubs may face from domestic leagues just cannot happen. How can the FA and other domestic football associations honor TV money deals if the top clubs from their leagues are removed from the competition? No offense to other clubs but people won't tune in as much if they can't watch Liverpool and United play as part of the competition. These big clubs between them have that kind of power. These leagues would not remain financially sustainable for long if they take any drastic action against these clubs.
I agree. It's sabre rattling and nothing more.