European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Power of people. If you are so many you can defeat anything.

I would not let clubs that easy. Point deduction and banned from next year CL / EL games. There must be concenquences.

Now we need this red club to announce something.
I don’t even know if it is that. Hardly anything has genuinely happened. I few tweets and Gary Neville yesterday then a few people turning up at Stamford Bridge. Seems a bit easy..

Water Melon

So Chelsea, City and Atletico are pulling out. I hope Boris Johnson does pull the trigger and ownership model in England changes. Roman and the sheikhs have got the message and do not want to lose their money. Where the fook the vice Chairman of ESL is? I hope he is deluded enough to push for his new position till the very end to piss the British public and government truly off.

laughtersassassin

Well would you look at that. Fan opinion does matter.

Maybe that'll make some of the quiet people reconsider the Glazers

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It's fallen. The Champions League reforms announced yesterday were coming anyway, they didn't change because of the announcement on Sunday. It's collapsed because it was the pet project of Perez and the American owners, particularly our dear leaders, and the others have backtracked seeing what a load of nonsense it was and how negative the reaction has been.
There’s a story from earlier today about UEFA changing the format and taking out a credit loan on 7bn. This 4.6bn league hasn’t just collapsed in 6 hours from nowhere.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I believe it is. The big clubs just showed everyone how powerful they are and now will be renegotiating terms with UEFA.

All my opinion of course. Could be bs.
There is literally zero chance this was a negotiating position. They've burned too many bridges, suffered too much reputational damage, thrown away a plan we know they had been working on for years and likely ensured measures will be put in place to guarantee this won't happen again.

It was a genuine attempt at forming a Super League and they botched it.

Drifter

American
Remember the 89 who voted for this and the fact that their fantasy league will still be on the Xbox and PS5

MattofManchester

I believe it is. The big clubs just showed everyone how powerful they are and now will be renegotiating terms with UEFA.

All my opinion of course. Could be bs.
What I hope this leads to is ownership reform. To stop the excess monopoly. Fans know they have a voice. Time to use it.

pseudo_canadian

Glazers and Woodward out surely? After pulling a stunt like this there is no turning back. Any goodwill that may have been there is lost forever.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
The cynic in me thinks UEFA have given something in return and this was all a bluff...
Didn't they announce 4.6billion something or other today. Which funnily enough was what the superleague project was originally quoting.

Whiteside '85

The longer we stay in it, the more idiotic & isolated we will be. Woodward is a buffoon & they’ve seriously miscalculated the backlash. Own up the mistake & get out of our club.

I am heartened by the response of the fans on here.

We know that Ed and the Glazers aren't what Manchester United need
"We are United!" in our contempt for them.

Delano

We're out.

Now the Glazers can feck off and Perez can play against himself.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's quite bizarre to see people react so positively to this latest Chelsea nonsense and take every bit of news about this literally, getting emotional and not thinking for two seconds.

This Super League was extremely unlikely to happen, at least in the coming two years. Which was blatantly obvious given how amateurish the news was brought into the world, how unprepared everyone involved is at the moment, other than a cheap website there was no infrastructure in place at all. Obviously a club like Chelsea knows this so they can now act like they're taking the moral highground after joining the plan first to put pressure on UEFA - they're a scummy club who owe their success to the ridiculous spending of a shady Russian billionaire. And distgustingly people on here are celebrating this and lapping it up like a bunch of sheep.

The whole Super League is more of a threat and a negotiation position than anything by the big clubs involved. Throw out a generic press release and an amateurish website in the week UEFA is introducing their new CL set-up, create a meda shit storm.

In the meanwhile the UEFA is now being forced to create a lot more funds for the new CL, there's talks of finding investment parters to pump 6-7 billion into the new Champions League.

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2...-2bn-deal-with-centricus-to-halt-super-league

"UEFA is in discussions with Centricus Asset Management over a 6 billion-euro ($7.2 billion) financing package to overhaul its flagship soccer tournament and stop plans for a new breakaway Super League, according to people familiar with the matter.

The Switzerland-based sporting body is working with Centricus on a plan to fund a new-look UEFA Champions League tournament, the people said, asking not to be identified discussing confidential information."
I don’t know about that. Ed withdrew United from the ECA and himself from a position on fifa or uefa (can’t remember which). United went balls in on this idea

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Everyone's pulling out except for us. Manchester United, Super League champions 2021! Our trophyless run is over!

Ixion

Do you think they genuinely thought the fans of the clubs involved would be really happy about it?

RORY65

There’s a story from earlier today about UEFA changing the format and taking out a credit loan on 7bn. This 4.6bn league hasn’t just collapsed in 6 hours from nowhere.
This £4.6bn league was announced even though 3 of the clubs who were meant to be in it had clearly already pulled out and 2 others in particular only begrudgingly agreed to it last week. The new Champions League already massive suits these teams but they thought they could get more on their own, if this was the plan they wouldn't have given up their major roles within the ECA.