European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ranchero

What I hope this leads to is ownership reform. To stop the excess monopoly. Fans know they have a voice. Time to use it.
I never thought id ever be ashamed to be a United fan. And after over 40 years as a fan i can truly say i am.
There is only one solution and that is to rid our club of the Glazers once and for all.
We cannot settle for less anymore.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
So Chelsea, City and Atletico are pulling out. I hope Boris Johnson does pull the trigger and ownership model in England changes. Roman and the sheikhs have got the message and do not want to lose their money. Where the fook the vice Chairman of ESL is? I hope he is deluded enough to push for his new position till the very end to piss the British public and government truly off.
It's imploding in on itself, Boris doesn't need to do anything.

Acquire Me

I believe it is. The big clubs just showed everyone how powerful they are and now will be renegotiating terms with UEFA.

All my opinion of course. Could be bs.
This exactly. I will be amazed if not everyone is back in their position or better. Failed project, nah, this will end in better deals imo.

Nico87

So having resigned from the ECA to stage a coup, everyone involved will now have to come back with their tail between their legs and now have much less power than before.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Woodward and whoever else resigned from their position at uefa are absolutely egg faced now.
He's one of the most unpopular men in our club's history so I wouldn't put it beyond them to just sack him, lay the blame at his feet and act like nothing has happened, the Glazer's I mean.

Bwuk

Didn’t Perez state the contracts were binding?

Interesting to see if the clubs are even allowed out.

diarm

Clubs pulling out faster than John Terry at a Bridge family barbecue.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Do you think they genuinely thought the fans of the clubs involved would be really happy about it?
The sheer incompetence of the men running one of the biggest clubs in the world is worrying, there's people on minimum wage working in your local Tesco's with more nouse

Withnail

Yep, this project is going to be dead before the end of the evening. Good thing too. It's obvious no fans want it, and a lot of the managers involved weren't consulted before the announcement.

Biggest mistake in footballing history maybe? Or am i being a bit too extreme there?
We'll have to see how it ends up but the Glazers could really have shot themselves in the foot here.

Ixion

All the clubs now in a race for some good PR. Seen the error of their ways.

Honestly I would rather have seen United relegated than in this.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
This £4.6bn league was announced even though 3 of the clubs who were meant to be in it had clearly already pulled out and 2 others in particular only begrudgingly agreed to it last week. The new Champions League already massive suits these teams but they thought they could get more on their own, if this was the plan they wouldn't have given up their major roles within the ECA.
What? Of course they would. The whole point was to show their teeth...I’m telling you in a few weeks we’ll see the new format revealed.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Boris trying to bury some bad news during all this. Still a twat!

SmallCaine

Was this whole thing just a ploy to get more UCL money?
If it is then every single idiot involved should be sacked and every owner who agreed should have a mental competency tests. The stuff uefa voted on yesterday was already agreed to with no threat of esl.

All this has achieved is to piss off every fan including their own, piss off fellow clubs and make sure the next attempt is going to be laughed out of the building by other clubs.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Pathetic little cnuts, hope they still receive some punishment. The punishment they've received from fans and pundits isn't enough.

Offsideagain

Now City have withdrawn too!!!!! Just a few minutes out with my prediction. When will the greedy scrotes at OT issue a statement?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
How ironic, the most embarrassing moment in our club's history could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

This laughable mess may finally rid us of the leeches running our club. We can hope right?

dove

Do you think they genuinely thought the fans of the clubs involved would be really happy about it?
Of course they didn't but I think they didn't expect there to be so much backlash and even the involvement from the government. They probably expected some mixed reactions but it turned out to be completely one sided.

peridigm

Us and Madrid will be the last the pull out if we do at all. We are in too deep and certain people at the clubs fingerprints are all over it.
As a United fan, I'd accept Woodward and Perez being kicked out of football for life as punishment for the mental harm this has caused to millions of fans across the globe.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Hopefully the damage has been done and the government will be serious in its proposals to look at/reform the ownership of clubs.
They must do. You can't just dust your hands off with this one and walk away. This COULD be the best thing that's happened for football in some time IF real change can come from it.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Its just going to be a yearly cup between United and Madrid at this rate.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
With the super league collapsing, this has to be the end of Woodward, right?
Well he may be the sacrificial cow, but the decision rests with the Glazier's. How can anybody have any trust in them at all to be competent enough to run a club like Manchester United.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
There was already a certain level of dislike (varying levels I would say depending on the club) towards these owners. This stunt has caused irreparable damage imo.