European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

always_hoping

Brilliant quote by Gary Neville just now on Sky.

Woodward is the trunk of the tree we must now go for the roots (Glazers)

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Imagine if Spurs sacked Mourinho because they could afford the payout because of the money they thought they were going to get from the Super League. What would they do now?

hubbuh

I didn't know that it is forbidden to have different opinion and a little patience to see how things go. Especially after the announcement of the new Champion League's format with the wild cards. Let's pretend that UEFA is not a corrupt organisation (at least it's historic, isn't it?) and we can also agree with Ceferin that “City are a real asset for the game and I am delighted to be working with them for a better future for the European game.” So what's next? We should invite the Saudis to take over, right?
Absolutely fecking not.

Josep Dowling

Can’t believe Chelsea and City of all clubs are coming out of this as Saints. This whole situation is real life Hollywood.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
This has shown me that a cabal of rich white old men really do have ridiculous swathes of power. Not even football is safe from it.

Terminator

If these clubs held out a little longer, they might have gotten deals from the corrupt cnuts UEFA. Spineless.

Shouldve never happened in the first place but after a decades work, they couldve atleast used ESL to milk more money from the CL TV rights etc.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The same reason Sky is to be taken with a pinch of salt in all this. Conflict of interest.
Okay, I see your perspective now. Yeah, that's a fair assessment, though Sky Italia do tend to operate quite independently from their British counterparts. I would find it weird if they were to report this were it not true yet stay silent on the Italian teams. Italian teams capture more of their market's interest than the English teams do.

Mr. Ant

Rumors that Atletico and Barcelona still want the Super league
I thought I read somewhere Laporta said that it's up to the socios if Barcelona formally joins. He wouldn't have said that if he was 100% sure they are going to.

Schneiderman

Out for a couple of hours and missed all the drama. Super League done for, Woodward gone, what's next Glazers selling? Hope everyone else pulls out leaving just Spurs and Arsenal.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Out for a couple of hours and missed all the drama. Super League done for, Woodward gone, what's next Glazers selling? Hope everyone else pulls out leaving just Spurs and Arsenal.
If Spurs are the only one left they might get the cup

0le

Football, bloody hell.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Unfortunately, we won't get any more updates from Perez himself. That's probably a good thing for the rest of the execs and owners.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
So, is it just Chelsea and City who have pulled out?

The two clubs who didn't really need it anyway.

Could it be they got involved just to derail it!?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
So, is it just Chelsea and City who have pulled out?

The two clubs who didn't really need it anyway.

Could it be they got involved just to derail it!?
Doubt it, they still look like cnuts themselves and will be tarnished as part of the 6 or 12.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I voted "YES" for the ESL because:

1. I'm sick of VAR, the lack of consistency of English referees. I'm honestly tired of being frustrated with the lack of accountability with refereeing

2. I lost interest in watching Manutd games against the likes of Granada, Burnley, Cyrstal Palace, etc. I find myself always scrolling through Instagram during these small team games. During big games against the likes of City, Liverpool and Chelsea, however, I'm fully emotionally invested. And I like that feeling. So hopefully the ESL can bring back my passion for football

3. I'm sick of paying multiple telecommunications hundreds of dollars per month for sports coverage. The ESL can solve this issue by having its own network or partnering up with leading streaming companies such as Netflix, Hulu, or Disney. I do not mind for paying affordable streaming services. Currently, I'm subscribed to Netflix and Disney.

From a football fan perspective that does not reside in UK, I don't see any downside to the ESL. I notice that is a lot of talk of "English Pyramid", "Coaches jobs", "Stadium infrastructures investment", "UK tv rights", etc. Not to be insensitive, but none of those are a concern to global football fans that just want to watch the best players compete against each other in a convenient platform at bargain prices.

The stuff that excites me most about football:

1. Watching the best team which also means best players and managers competing against each other

2. Transfer market. Imagine trading Bruno Fernandes for Harry Kane. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I think that is what us younger fans want to see. Shocking and exciting transfers. Changing team dynamics, etc

I think the ESL can provide an outstanding product. I will probably receive backlash for this post. But this is my geniune opinion, and I cannot wait for football to be exciting again. I want to be emotionally invested week in and week out, and that can only happen if the best players in terms of skills and branding are pitted against each other.
I am genuinely stunned that anyone can hold this opinion. This goes against all sporting principles to the point where I seriously question whether you are actually a fan of sport.