European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josep Dowling

So why hasn’t he been this vocal before? Fans have asked for them to speak out about the reality of our ownership but only now can Souness talks about dividends the Glazers have taken since 2005? Only now can Neville direct his frustration at the Glazers on TV? This is what pisses me off with this situation. It should have been said 15 years ago, not now.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So why hasn’t he been this vocal before? Fans have asked for them to speak out about the reality of our ownership but only now can Souness talks about dividends the Glazers have taken since 2005? Only now can Neville direct his frustration at the Glazers on TV? This is what pisses me off with this situation. It should have been said 15 years ago, not now.
To be fair to him, this is exactly why he said that he was complicit. Gary himself admits that he should have spoken earlier but didn't.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
In fairness, he has said that he feels a part of the problem for not voicing this sooner.

justsomebloke

I am genuinely stunned that anyone can hold this opinion. This goes against all sporting principles to the point where I seriously question whether you are actually a fan of sport.
He joined today, according to his profile....

Dudu

He says he feels complicit and he should have spoken out earlier. And as I just said above, as of this moment it matters little to me.. just turn the focus on to the owners now while there is so much potential momentum behind it.

Josep Dowling

To be fair to him, this is exactly why he said that he was complicit. Gary himself admits that he should have spoken earlier but didn't.
In fairness, he has said that he feels a part of the problem for not voicing this sooner.
There is no ‘fairness’ about it. He only gives a shit because his employers Sky would be affected financially and now he’s chasing the gravy train of the Premier League as an owner with Salford. They’re all as bad as each other, it’s only the billionaire owners can do it on a bigger scale which has drawn outrage from the rest. The footballing world are massive hypocrites.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I expect the American owned clubs to be the last to leave. Interesting Barcelona briefing press that they only agreed to join on condition that their members (socio's) would have a vote to confirm they wanted Barcelona to join. Basically fomo. No way the socio's would have said yes.
You'd be surprised. They're are in such a big financial trouble, that's the whole point of this.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I’ll only be happy when we confirm we are out.
I’ll be completely happy when the glazers feck off.
50+1 seems the best way unless someone has £3.5bn lying around?
If every man united fan in the world put in about £1.60 it'd be enough to gain a majority share.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It shocks me that the younger generation think this way. They want the game turned into a game of fifa it looks like. Crazy.
My 12 year old son and his pals would play FIFA all day, every day, if they could. Every single one of them thought this initiative was a terrible idea. They’ve grown up obsessed with the Champion’s League and didn’t want it scrapped.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
My 12 year old son and his pals would play FIFA all day, every day, if they could. Every single one of them thought this initiative was a terrible idea. They’ve grown up obsessed with the Champion’s League and didn’t want it scrapped.
Bless them. The kids are alright!

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
You know what's really shite with all this in the immediate context, as a Utd fan.

I was so proud of how the club had behaved and handled the COVID situation. I was really enjoying the development of the team, despite being frustrated the past window. I was really excited for the end of the season - both the league run-in and Europa.

Even if we pull out in the next couple of days, the super league nonsense will leave such a sour taste. And completely undermine the 1 trophy we've got a good chance of winning.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
We're all out!

I did say once City and Chelsea pulled out it was all a formality.

Renegade

Do you hold this opinion of Fergie, Keane or anyone else who has associated with the club?