European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hardly a heart felt statement but at least we’re out of this debacle. Must be chaos within the club at the moment. Hope the players can focus on football again now.

Ole doesnt have the gravitas behind him that has been earnt by Klopp and Guardiola by winning stuff. Thats probably why. Wants to keep his job (and i want him to keep it as well). Whereas liverpool and city wouldnt dare sack klopp and guardiola respectively.

Is it not to do with the fact that they had press conferences/interviews whereas Ole hasn't?

Say what you like about old BoJo, but I really think it's telling when United name check the UK government, in a 3 line announcement, as a key reason for leaving the SL.

Fan anger, fine. Pundits, who cares. UEFA in the courts? No bother. I think the governmental push back was something they all heavily underestimated.

Classic Boris move. Ever the populist. Saw a chance to grift and seized it with both hands.

Get the feck in.

Good fecking riddance, this crap Super League idea.

Football is saved !!

Ole doesnt have the gravitas behind him that has been earnt by Klopp and Guardiola by winning stuff. Thats probably why. Wants to keep his job (and i want him to keep it as well). Whereas liverpool and city wouldnt dare sack klopp and guardiola respectively.
Come on now. I have had plenty of arguments about sacking Ole BUT this is NOT the time.

Also, the whole way we got rid of the Snake Wooward smells of an Ole operation, similar to Pogba.

You know what's really shite with all this in the immediate context, as a Utd fan.

I was so proud of how the club had behaved and handled the COVID situation. I was really enjoying the development of the team, despite being frustrated the past window. I was really excited for the end of the season - both the league run-in and Europa.

Even if we pull out in the next couple of days, the super league nonsense will leave such a sour taste. And completely undermine the 1 trophy we've got a good chance of winning.
Yep, we conducted ourselves well during the covid disaster, and I think the club has actually built up a lot of good will with its fans, particularly the local ones, during the lockdowns. Then they pull this stuff.

My only hope now is that the Glazers finally admit they're in the wrong business and leave. Still need new laws to stop the next bunch of creeps from getting other great ideas.

Arsenal:

content_640x364.jpg
:lol:

Chairman Daniel Levy said: “We regret the anxiety and upset caused by the ESL proposal. We felt it was important that our club participated in the development of a possible new structure that sought to better ensure financial fair play and financial sustainability whilst delivering significantly increased support for the wider football pyramid.

“We believe that we should never stand still and that the sport should constantly review competitions and governance to ensure the game we all love continues to evolve and excite fans around the world.

“We should like to thank all those supporters who presented their considered opinions.”

Also we need to re-hire Jose Mourinho coys

Imagine how proud they must have been to announce the Super League on Sunday and it all crashed. :lol:

My 12 year old son and his pals would play FIFA all day, every day, if they could. Every single one of them thought this initiative was a terrible idea. They’ve grown up obsessed with the Champion’s League and didn’t want it scrapped.
Respect to your son. Him and his friends are genuine football fans. The Champions Leagues iconic, it shows how out of touch these owners all are.

Through all of this, why did they not just start this as a pre-season or post-season tournament and try to grow it from there? Idiots imo, of course there would be a massive backlash if they suddenly announced it like they did
That would take years and Madrid needed the cash NOW.

What has further disgusted me is both the Liverpool manager and captain have come out publicly against the Super League abomination. Jordan Henderson spoke on behalf of the players as a "collective position" putting pressure on the American owners. What about the United equivalents Ole and Maguire?? Absolutely nothing. Deafening silence.
Ole didnt have a game or press conference to do and you cant give praise to Klopp for that meltdown last night

Fans of the English clubs saved the football from the darkest possible future for the sport. Thank God.

Our football is back !

Its a massive kick in the balls that Joel Glazer is the Vice President of the Super League. That really is an ugly stain on our club.

Woah, I really didn't think we as a club would back down and that this would go ahead.

Well fecking done everyone.

What has further disgusted me is both the Liverpool manager and captain have come out publicly against the Super League abomination. Jordan Henderson spoke on behalf of the players as a "collective position" putting pressure on the American owners. What about the United equivalents Ole and Maguire?? Absolutely nothing. Deafening silence.
Maguire and Shaw had a confrontation with Woodward, they are the reason he's quitting, they are the reasons United are out, along with the fan backlash.
Give them a fecking break. Jesus wept

There’s no credit due to any of these cnuts but the Arsenal “we’re all part of a family together” after trying to shit on the game of football from a great height is definitely hardcore cringe.
That's Arsenal, small time.

They were only invited because the others needed someone to come 11th (Spurs 12th obviously).

Absolute criminals who own these twelve clubs. The most greedy, immoral, degenerate collection of scum on the face of the earth. Also the most spineless and cowardly. There MUST be change in the game.

I remember talking about the superleague on a PSG forum more than a year ago and said that english football fans wouldn't let it happen.

I've never been happier to be right, good job lads.

seems to me like the spanish and italian clubs really wanted this to happen

I wonder why

Because they are in much, much worse financial trouble than the EPL clubs, that's why. Recently released figures just for covid losses up to last summer were horrenduous.

Arsenal at least an apology in their statement. Nothing from Liverpool or United unsurprisingly.