European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Falling like a pack of cards now, brilliant stuff.

Lessons simply must be learnt from this however.

Seeing footballers come out against it and saying 'I've not heard one supporter that thinks this is a good idea' made me think, they need to come to the Caf and meet @crossy1686
I was never for or against the super league mate, said it was an interesting concept and I would still like to see an elite competition in it's pureness. I also was pretty clear about waiting to see the full extent of the fallout before forming a for or against opinion. The last couple of days have been wild

It seems like not all Super League club founders are as convict of the Super League as Florentino and Agnelli are. Not everyone is willing to go to the last consequences of this, not willing to do the Super League at all costs and with pretty much unanimous and gigantic backlash that some of them didn't expect. It might be breaking apart. Delightful to see.

If there is one good thing about this whole Super League problem, perhaps it would be raising public awareness of the deep issues of the clubs' boards, UEFA and FIFA in decades, issues which have been elitizing football and making it more and more unequal for decades. Right now, there is no way that a club can become elite through hard work and merit, the only way is money from sheikhs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: £100, I'll make you that genuine bet today that by the end of the 2024 season, if you haven't watched 2 full games of super league the money is all yours. Put your money where you mouth is. I'll book mark the post and follow all your posts from this point on if you agree

And it lasted two days... :lol:

Need to make sure 50+1 is brought in if the Glazer's do sell. This farce will happen again if we don't get some fan ownership.

Perez was right, that was some super fast entertainment. Everyone enjoyed it and it is saving football.

Looking forward to the next one.

5c18d924fc7e9351758b4628.jpg

Funny from Pogba. But it would have been nice to hear from him BEFORE this all fell apart.

Yeah, I was about to make a note of a few names today but it seems a bit late.

However @crossy1686 definitely is top of the list.
:lol: Doesn't bother me mate! As I said previously, I'm not for or against a SL, I just want to see elite teams play in elite competition and I also said I wanted to wait and see the full extent of the details before deciding if this was a good idea or not. Looks like the house of cards is coming down now though, fecking mental what's happened these last few days.

You can be against it and also think that the people who proposed it were entitled to do so.
The people won, they withdrew, coming up with random things to punish the clubs who proposed it to try to make sure noone ever steps out of line sure sounds like an authoritarian mindset to me.

Just because clubs are withdrawing it doesn't mean that the fans have won. Not at all.

Boris wont do anything to help the fans after this but hopefully at least something happens. The clubs need to remain in the hands of the fans who support them.

Club should belong to the people of Manchester and the people of Great Britain.
Spot on mate. Government get off your arse and get this 50.1% in, this was nothing but a warning shot, these scumbags will continue to treat fans like "legacy fans" and real football fans do not deserve it.