Evan Ferguson - Top Irish Prospect

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He’ll be fine. He walked off. Disgraceful challenge though. Back when video refereeing wasn’t the total VAR shambles we’re enduring now Fabinho would have got a retrospective ban. But he can’t now. Because VAR.
That was only if the ref didn't see the incident. He saw this and gave a yellow.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Oof. Just seen the challenge. Shocker. Never getting the ball there. Surely a red.

CM

He’ll be fine. He walked off. Disgraceful challenge though. Back when video refereeing wasn’t the total VAR shambles we’re enduring now Fabinho would have got a retrospective ban. But he can’t now. Because VAR.
Fabinho's sheepish look after the challenge said it all. He was grimacing for a couple of minutes after as well, presumably because he thought VAR would come to the correct conclusion. Genuinely baffling how he got away with it.

phelans shorts

Van Dijk did walk off with his knee injury too. The tackle was atrocious and I really hope you’re right that Ferguson is ok, obviously.

BerryBerryShrew

Just saw it. Ridiculous. With most reds, you can kind of see what the tackler was trying to do, but they just overegg it a bit. There was literally no intention to even pretend he was trying to play the ball with that one.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
He left on crutches apparently, so fingers crossed it’s nothing too serious.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He left on crutches apparently, so fingers crossed it’s nothing too serious.
I just mean he walked off the pitch. Same as Eriksen. Looked like he turned his ankle. Might be out for a few weeks. I saw the comments above about him maybe snapping his Achilles and talk about career ending injuries, so was reassured when I saw the actual footage.

mancsarered

Born and raised in Bettystown! Zero chance he chooses England.

This isnt like Grealish/Rice (English lads with Irish background)
The Bellinghams also qualify for Ireland. Could be a quality side for years if they hadn't all chose England.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
I just mean he walked off the pitch. Same as Eriksen. Looked like he turned his ankle. Might be out for a few weeks. I saw the comments above about him maybe snapping his Achilles and talk about career ending injuries, so was reassured when I saw the actual footage.
Yeah, that’s what I mean too. As in the crutches are just a precautionary measure to keep the weight off the ankle.

Anyway I missed the first 25 min or so but I thought he played quite well. Dropped deep to get involved in a mostly congested game and held the ball up well. It’s so easy to forget that he’s still a teen, and as you mentioned previously - he’ll still be 18 at the start of next season.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Yeah, that’s what I mean too. As in the crutches are just a precautionary measure to keep the weight off the ankle.

Anyway I missed the first 25 min or so but I thought he played quite well. Dropped deep to get involved in a mostly congested game and held the ball up well. It’s so easy to forget that he’s still a teen, and as you mentioned previously - he’ll still be 18 at the start of next season.
Has a knee brace on too

Oranges038

Horrible sly tackle from that cnut.

Shocking refereeing to not give a red for that. No point in VAR if Carroll yesterday and that today can escape reds.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Brighton buying Vitinha would suggest this lad's injury is bad bad.

feck sake. feck Fabinho and feck Liverpool and their "you'll never walk" bollocks.

RORY65

Brighton buying Vitinha would suggest this lad's injury is bad bad.

feck sake. feck Fabinho and feck Liverpool and their "you'll never walk" bollocks.
The Athletic are saying this morning that they're not going for Vitinha because initial tests suggest Ferguson's injury isn't as bad as feared. No indication yet as to what the injury actually is though or an expected timeframe for a return.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
EVAN FERGUSON HAS not suffered any ligament damage in his knee with The42learning that scans showed up bruising of the bone in the affected area.

Encouragingly, there has also been no structural damage to the 18-year-old’s knee and it now remains a possibility he will return to Premier League action in time to be available for Ireland’s opening Euro 2024 qualifier with France next month.

The Brighton striker has also managed to escape any serious issue with his Achilles or ankle following the reckless tackle from behind by Liverpool’s Fabinho during their FA Cup tie at the weekend, an incident which forced him off and saw him leave the stadium with on crutches with his right leg in a brace.
He’ll be grand in no time. Teenagers heal like Wolverine.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Harry Kane seem to get better and better with every new injury, maybe he can be like him.

kidbob

Thank God for that. Crazy that the tackle no longer garners a retroactive ban. VAR is a fecking joke.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Back from injury with a bang. Scored an FA cup winner last night.

And De Zerbi said of Ferguson: "He is unique for us in terms of quality, in terms of characteristic. He knows very well the way to score.

"I think he can and he has to improve, in the quality of play, in ball possession, to keep the ball better.

"But he is 18, he is born in 2004, and he will improve for sure, because I know the guy, I know his passion, his attitude, and I have no doubt."

mainoo era

Class goal. Three perfect touches.
have a feeling ferguson if he stays at brighton for one more season, might score 20 plus and be worth 150 mil......any club who takes a chance on him now ,could be getting a jackpot

Matt007a

I think we are gonna be in the market for someone ready made rather than an up and coming forward. Shame he’s not a few years further along in his development because he looks a talent.