Evan Ferguson

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
If this kid get 20PL goals this season, Brighton will be asking for £125-150m, we should be all over this now or January, a cheeky £75m bid and play on the fact that he’s a united fan. The longer we wait on this one the more expensive it will be, either get Evan or go get Benjamin Sesko to join Hojlund we have one, we need to add either one of the other two to sort the number 9 out for next decade!
Absolutely no chance of this happening, but I like your moxie.

RuudTom83

Having 2 very young CF in one team might hamper the development of them both.

It would be better to have one older/experienced and one younger.

RedStarUnited

If we stick with 1 what happens if that player gets a long term injury or just breaks down because we play 60 games a season and don't have anyone to rotate him with. We need two front line strikers, we are getting one this summer but we absolutely need another as a priority next year even if Rasmus breaks the PL single season goalscoring record. Two players for every position, it is basic squad building principles.
Its not a basic principle its a super ideal. The real ideal situation is to have players who can play different roles.

Some of you have let Man City's financial doping ways normalise what a squad looks like. Pick any other top winning team from the last 20 years and tell me which of them had 2 players for every position.

OverratedOpinion

If this kid get 20PL goals this season, Brighton will be asking for £125-150m, we should be all over this now or January, a cheeky £75m bid and play on the fact that he’s a united fan. The longer we wait on this one the more expensive it will be, either get Evan or go get Benjamin Sesko to join Hojlund we have one, we need to add either one of the other two to sort the number 9 out for next decade!
There is a 0% chance they sell him.

Firstly they don't need the money and secondly even if he just boils over this season and gets 10 goals he is young enough that they could still get that 75m whenever they want. Then there is the chance like you said that he explodes and scores 20 say.

SAF is the GOAT

Except Kane and Lewa, what older and experienced strikers there are on the market ? There isnt
Its only young and uproven and that's why the crazy prices, because of lack of strikers on the market. Its so bad that right now you pay crazy money for the potential the player will be great.

sleepehead

Some Reports linking spurs with him today.
If I was him I wouldn't go to Spurs for any reason as long as Levy is there. Pretty much going to Spurs will handcuff you from future teams for no reason. He wouldn't ever want to sell to Chelsea or Arsenal. And he'll put such a high price tag on you that City, Liverpool, and Us would be put off until the last year of your contract. And worse you'll probably be paid worse than any other top team

Chief123

I can imagine a team like Liverpool going for him next summer despite having so many forwards. Liverpool don’t have a classic striker. Similarly Arsenal could be interested if Jesus continues to not score enough regularly.

Devil You Know

He's a big United fan. As long as we're in the running for his signature, he's ours.

FFP has caught us out this season. But we're finally getting our transfer/salary spending in check, and focussing on younger talents who can grow rather need replacing in a couple of years. That'll hopefully give us a solid foundation to finally break the £100m barrier in a couple of summers.

I don't think it's a bold prediction to say he'll break the transfer record. It's just a waiting game between now and the time he feels ready to make the move.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Brighton doesn't need to sell for the next 2-3 years, they can afford slowly develop their young stars. Who knows if Brighton can squeeze into the top 4 in the next 2-3 years without selling? Any approach for their stars would be expensive.

Abraxas

He's at the right place to develop. He'll get guaranteed football, and not under the microscope in the same way he would be at United. Highly regarded manager that uses an attacking system and style that will allow him to shine

He needs a few years of consistency for Brighton in my opinion. Even Hojlund who some were complaining is too young to lead the line is 20.

acolyte

Unless he loses the use of his legs or gets arrested for something heinous there's literally no chance he moves for £75 million, no matter how cheeky we make the bid.

Reactions: Fortitude

Devil You Know

Unless he loses the use of his legs or gets arrested for something heinous there's literally no chance he moves for £75 million, no matter how cheeky we make the bid.
He has got dodgy ankles. That'd be the only thing that would worry me about spending big on the lad.

foolsgold

Brighton are basically the Borussia Dortmund of England.

Ultimately their recruitment can only succeed if players trust them to sell when the time comes. Doesn't mater how good the scouting network will be if you screw over the players and don't let them leave. Agents will start to avoid. Ferguson will be sold when the time is right for the player I'm sure. Maybe in 2 - 3 years.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
After signing Hojlund, I don't think there is any chance we will spend big on one more young #9.

Also don't think Ferguson will leave this summer or even next summer. He has plenty of time.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Brighton badly need signings right now. They aren’t going to sell anyone else any time soon, let alone Ferguson. He’ll go in 2-3 years time I reckon, and unless there is some big change in football between now and then, it’ll be for a few over 125m. Maybe 150.

This is of course assuming he continued to develop as he has so far. He nails to nail down a starting spot and do it in at least two seasons back to back, banging in the goals and showing why he’s a complete striker, who’s also durable. Strikers can get “worked out” by opposing defenders, unless they have some insane generational ability (which despite the ubiquity of the term these days, hardly any do), and they can be nullified by being marked or handled in a certain way. Ferguson needs to consistently show, over at least a couple of seasons, that he can adapt, and grow.

As for Brighton, they simply can’t go into the season with a starting midfield of Milner, Dahoud and Pedro. They need more options in there. Admittedly they could, and probably should, have scored 8 vs Luton, but Luton looked so horribly out of their depth that it’s hard to judge yet how good Brighton will be this season. If they are going to maintain the position they achieved last season, and do anything in Europe, they probably need two CMs. I wonder if Veiga would go there. He has a 34m release clause.

ManRed

If I was him I wouldn't go to Spurs for any reason as long as Levy is there. Pretty much going to Spurs will handcuff you from future teams for no reason. He wouldn't ever want to sell to Chelsea or Arsenal. And he'll put such a high price tag on you that City, Liverpool, and Us would be put off until the last year of your contract. And worse you'll probably be paid worse than any other top team
Not always the case. If he plays his cards right he can have a contract in place where he can dictate moving in 4-5 years. During that time he gets to play for a top club fighting for champions league spot and also some european experience for him.

croadyman

Yeah we need to be targeting older and experienced person before the window closes,however only looks remotely possible if Martial leaves which is highly unlikely

Oranges038

There's a real lack of quality experience strikers out there. I can't think of any in the 26-30 age group who could fit the bill. It's almost like being a striker stopped being a thing for about 10 years.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Oh okay then. Don’t bother trying to improve. Let’s stick with Martial, that’s worked so well so far. :rolleyes:
Good think is we signed another striker a week ago. This is the real world mate.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Is there any belief from you lot that the new young 9 we bought could be a success. Hardly do club have two out and out center forward especially around the same age profile.
Yep, big belief. I think there's space for two though.

L1nk

Yep, big belief. I think there's space for two though.
Yeah, City have Haaland and Alvarez.
City spent nowhere near the amount on Julian Alvarez that we need to spend to sign Evan Ferguson from Brighton, we aren't signing him for 80+ mill just to rotate or sit on the bench. Why would he even want this..

We'll sign an older more experienced cheap striker who doesn't mind rotating from the bench. Let's be realistic here

Castia

Crazy how these players get valued so high after doing virtually nothing

He’s got 7 career league goals ffs

Garnacho must be worth 250m

Bwuk

He’s got a contract till 2028.

I can’t see him moving until 2026. He’d be too expensive.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Some Reports linking spurs with him today.
Predicted the issues with attaining him, not that they weren't absolutely obvious, but what will be interesting is if the rush has already started - if this is true, and Brighton entertain it, every club with an interest in him will be forced to act too, which could hasten plans in place and create a very chaotic scramble amongst the financial departments of normal clubs.

If Levy has actually gone for Ferguson, he's doing right by his manager and club. Ferguson would be insane to go there, mind. No question that a release clause would have to be inserted.

Status
Not open for further replies.