Evans/Cisse - Spitgate

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I find it laughable how someone can ever find words amountable to actions, spitting is vile and filthy rodent behaviour, for scum. Its a reaction, without thought, meaning its programmed in him.. IMO racism, while awful is currently hyped by media sensationalism who give in to society's too liberal nature, its the way of the world. 10 years ago, racism wasn't half as bad, not that I measure it by that, but I can't imagine spitting/ violence being tolerated in the same way verbal abuse of any kind is
fecking hell. There have been multiple examples this past month of people having to not use public transport because they're being racially abused, but you're right the liberal media are just exaggerating it. The England captain, has been caught racially abusing other football players but you're right it's just liberal nonsense.

Racism is a massive problem still. Being spat on is horrible, but fecking racism holds people down for their whole life. Systemic racism is still a massive problem and to act like "hey were past it now" is part of the problem certain minorities find it so hard

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Remove that disease out of the squad for good. He's useless anyway and apparently part of a bigger problem here. Smalling with his already devastating injury record showed more braveness and progress than this lazy, apathetic but still somehow 'class' defender.

Most experienced defender in Manchester United... This is the state of things here. You either call it like it is or you simply living in a some sort of Moysey-land.

Just another decisive summer ahead both for Woody and the manager. I think we can easily aim higher even if it's only for the sake of upgrading the overall quality.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Thank f*ck for society's 'too liberal nature'.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Remove that disease out of the squad for good. He's useless anyway and apparently part of a bigger problem here. Smalling with his already devastating injury record showed more braveness and progress than this lazy, apathetic but still somehow 'class' defender.

Most experienced defender in Manchester United... This is the state of things here. You either call it like it is or you simply living in a some sort of Moysey-land.

Just another decisive summer ahead both for Woody and the manager. I think we can easily aim higher even if it's only for the sake of upgrading the overall quality.

Ffs look at the state of you. Using a incident like this just to have a go at the quality of a United player.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ffs look at the state of you. Using a incident like this just to have a go at the quality of a United player.
He's useless anyway. He's 27 and after Vidic's and Rio's departures didn't showed a thing to be a leader. We need a breath of fresh air.

I can use whatever I want in this case. He got the whole library of feck ups or lack of actions in certain moments.

Tyrion

I totally agree on this. I think we're getting our wires crossed a bit here. I only really took issue with you comparing it to tackles etc.
Fair enough. If we did get our wires crossed, it was probably my fault. It happens alot. :lol:

My point was more about comparing racist incidents to spitting and judging spitting to be worse as the racist incidents were just verbal abuse. Spitting, to me, is just spitting. It's silly, unhygienic and stupid (I'm not defending Evans here). Racism is a whole other level and therefore deserves a whole other level of punishments and can't really be compared to anything else (except sexism or other forms of discrimination).

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He's useless anyway. He's 27 and after Vidic's and Rio's departures didn't showed a thing to be a leader. We need a breath of fresh air.

I can use whatever I want in this case. He got the whole library of feck ups or lack of actions in certain moments.
And Jonny Evans apparent lack of ability has got nothing to do with this thread. If you want to have a dig go do in a thread talking about his skills level.

Hostekule

He was actually good against Newcastle. With Shaw always injured and Rafael not being played we need all the defenders we can get.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
fecking hell. There have been multiple examples this past month of people having to not use public transport because they're being racially abused, but you're right the liberal media are just exaggerating it. The England captain, has been caught racially abusing other football players but you're right it's just liberal nonsense.

Racism is a massive problem still. Being spat on is horrible, but fecking racism holds people down for their whole life. Systemic racism is still a massive problem and to act like "hey were past it now" is part of the problem certain minorities find it so hard
Firstly, perhaps I worded it badly, but I mean to describe that I think the media blow up non cases like Suarez one, I don't in anyway think they sensationalise or blow up stories regarding the tube one of late with the Chelsea fans, their clearly very different, but marked with the same brush as they both fall under racism, while one was a racist act, I believe the others purpose wasn't racism_ but insult, he worded it poorly.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
The part I put in bold. You're right it wasn't well worded.
See my post above, perhaps it clears it up, I don't think its NOT a big issue, or a issue one, I understand it is. My point is some of the cases marked as racism are poorly worded insults with no racial purpose.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
And Jonny Evans apparent lack of ability has got nothing to do with this thread. If you want to have a dig go do in a thread talking about his skills level.
I'm asking you kindly not to tell me what to do. The guy send himself for a ban to almost end of the decisive period of the season. That's not only lack of professionalism but also a pure stupidity. We can't simply rely on him from quite a time.

...and try use an argument rather telling me to post in another thread. It makes you look a bit like a tough internet keyboard commando.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Thank f*ck for society's 'too liberal nature'.
I know right? The garbage that I read on this forum sometimes is just baffling. Racism and sexism have both been brushed aside as minor issues at times but hey don't you dare spit on anyone or I'll unleash my keyboard wrath upon the Internet. :lol:

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Essex Rob, what an absolute weapon.

"Spitting is worse than racism, because I have to protect my body", "But of course, spitting is worse than a dangerous tackle".

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage

"Spitting is worse than racism, because I have to protect my body", "But of course, spitting is worse than a dangerous tackle".
Usually a dangerous tackle isn't malicious, just careless, most spits are to insult, not by aciident or bad timing..

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He was actually good against Newcastle. With Shaw always injured and Rafael not being played we need all the defenders we can get.
Yes, he was quite good. I agree but it doesn't matter in a longer run because now he send himself away from the football for six matches just when he could be used for something... nope, can't have that apparently.

Let's find someone experienced and better in the summer. Really shouldn't be that hard but that's just my opinion of course.

Hostekule

See my post above, perhaps it clears it up, I don't think its NOT a big issue, or a issue one, I understand it is. My point is some of the cases marked as racism are poorly worded insults with no racial purpose.
Are you trying to say that racism is a very serious issue and should be handled in that manner, and not in the sensationalist way that tabloids handle about any footballing incident? I wont start on the Suarez case, but I don't agree it's a non case. I think it's good that the media covers idiots fans making both racist and sexist chants. It doesn't belong anywhere, and they should be outed. Even if the media only does it to get clicks.

Blue always red

6 games for spitting? You get less for calling someone a "black cnut"... FA is a joke and I still believe Evans was spitting out of habit and not spitting at Cisse.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
6 games for spitting? You get less for calling someone a "black cnut"... FA is a joke and I still believe Evans was spitting out of habit and not spitting at Cisse.
Of course he got provoked and you and I know that in modern football being provoked isn't a good excuse. He should know better. He's playing almost 10 years in this bloody league... He's not racist, he's no thug, he's Jonny Evans who got played again in an important part of the season.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I hate a lot of attitudes in this thread.

Anyway I'm still not 100% convinced he meant...but in this situation I suppose they cannot give the benefit of the doubt.

Such a Shame because he had played well the last 2 games and was certainly finding his form again. I don't think he will be going anywhere in the summer, which may disappoint a few

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I hate a lot of attitudes in this thread.

Anyway I'm still not 100% convinced he meant...but in this situation I suppose they cannot give the benefit of the doubt.

Such a Shame because he had played well the last 2 games and was certainly finding his form again. I don't think he will be going anywhere in the summer, which may disappoint a few
That's okay, man. Believe it or not, some people got used to being disappointed when it comes to Evans.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea

What is wrong with you , you malicious person, I never said anything of the sort you absolute liar.

Here are quotes of my posts

Racism is a far bigger issue than spitting, it involves whole races of people, spitting involves the spitter and the victim, thats why its a bigger issue.

Racism is also more offensive.
Then you apparently quote me saying something I never said which basically says the opposite. Is there something wrong with you? This kind of word twisting should be looked at it happens a lot with posters on here not just in this instance and results in a lot of trouble.

I said I would rather be racially verbally abused than spat on because one is a physical attack that could ( however unlikely) cause me harm and the other isnt. Racism is rightly bigger because it involves a whole race of people not just a spitter and a victim, but on a personal level I would expect people and have only ever known people in the past to rather be verbally abused than physically abused regardless of how hurtful.

Revan

Assumptionman
Just seen this. Well, it is a right punishment (every player knew before the start of the season that spitting on someone is an automatic 6 match ban) so I guess there shouldn't be any complaint.

About racism vs spitting, well maybe it is hard for me to give an opinion (considering that I am white and usually the racism goes against black people) but I don't think that one is worse than other. Both are extremely disgusting and a way of saying that you're beneath me and I don't respect you. Obviously for historical reasons, racism is worse while spitting makes actually physical contact. I've been spit once playing sports and I completely lost my cool (which hasn't ever happened when there was a bad tackle against me or when someone offended me within the game).

About Evans, I think that he was already on borrowed time (we will sign at least a CB this summer and he has been by far the worst performer from our 4 senior CB this season) and this might have make things even more difficult for him to stay here. We'll see how things go.

Revan

Assumptionman
Usually a dangerous tackle isn't malicious, just careless, most spits are to insult, not by aciident or bad timing..
For some unknown reasons, people here are forgetting this.

A bad tackle is a bad tackle. It is part of the game. Obviously, everyone would prefer to be spit or racially abused rather than having his leg broken and miss a season. But on most cases, bad tackles aren't even deliberately malicious. Simply, the player goes for the ball but for a fraction of a second misses it and hits the leg. Bad obviously, but part of the game.

Spitting, racism, biting, pissing, punching while the ball is out of play etc aren't comparable with bad tackles because it is quite different. For a start they are intentionall. They aren't part of the game and should be punished seriously.

Then the last part is that all players in the league know the rules at the beginning of the season, so they can't complain when they break them. Simply do not spit, piss, abuse racially (or in other ways) or punch an another player. It should be simple considering that more than 99% of players manage to do that. If you however are a weapon who lack basic decency, then be prepared for harsh punishment. End of story!

I also don't see the point of comparing punishments of incidents which happen in different years, considering that rules change and aren't static. Likely, last year both players would have had a softer punishment, but since the summer we have the automatic 6 match ban for spitting.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He's been poor all season add that to his injury problems I think that's his last game for the club. That said he doesn't deserve the ban, he has no history of spitting and he denies it. That's enough for me.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's been poor all season add that to his injury problems I think that's his last game for the club. That said he doesn't deserve the ban, he has no history of spitting and he denies it. That's enough for me.
It isn't that there are repeated offeders for spitting. No player (bar Suarez) does this bizarre acts repeatedly.

It's just being an idiot for a few moments. And he's being punished for that.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
It isn't that there are repeated offeders for spitting. No player (bar Suarez) does this bizarre acts repeatedly.

It's just being an idiot for a few moments. And he's being punished for that.
I know what your saying but the more I watch it, the more it looks like a nervous reaction. I honestly don't think there was any intent.