Evans/Cisse - Spitgate

Mali_Zeus

No, its a habit, and a disgusting one at that. Can you imagine if basketball and indoor sports courts were covered in spit? They dont do it there because they could slip on it and its more visible. They need to swallow, not spit.
I agree. I see a lot of people and kids on the streets spitting for fun. Its not that they have some bad taste and need to spit, they just do it for the sake of it or, even worse, they feel cool when they do it.
And even if you have to do it there are discrete ways to do it.

Sir A1ex

Err not really my train of thought. He got the extra game because he had already been suspended this season.

I think Cisse could have had a more positive impact on our season than Evans.

The games Cisse misses include Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham.
FFS, couldn't we have got Evans to testify that Cisse definitely didn't spit at him or something?

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Knobhead Evans never stood a chance with getting away with it...

"It is clear that Mr Evans is looking directly and indeed aggressively at Mr Cisse. His lips are 'pursed' and he is close to Mr Cisse," added the report by an independent regulatory commission.

"If he was, as alleged to be the case, a person who 'habitually spits', then the commission were concerned as to why he did not turn his head away from Mr Cisse when so spitting.

"If that had been a family member or indeed another team member or his manager in front and below him would he still have carried out the same manoeuvre?

"Mr Evans had (and has) a duty of care, if spitting for whatever reason, not to direct the same in the general direction of an opponent, or indeed anyone else. The video clips clearly show that he failed in his duty of care."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31862900

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
"If that had been a family member or indeed another team member or his manager in front and below him would he still have carried out the same manoeuvre?

"Mr Evans had (and has) a duty of care, if spitting for whatever reason, not to direct the same in the general direction of an opponent, or indeed anyone else. The video clips clearly show that he failed in his duty of care."

These two statements are what it comes down to and hit the nail on the head.

Even if I don't think he tried to spit on him, this is exactly right.

RocK3T

(Manchester) 'Pele called me the greatest football
Knobhead Evans never stood a chance with getting away with it...

"It is clear that Mr Evans is looking directly and indeed aggressively at Mr Cisse. His lips are 'pursed' and he is close to Mr Cisse," added the report by an independent regulatory commission.

"If he was, as alleged to be the case, a person who 'habitually spits', then the commission were concerned as to why he did not turn his head away from Mr Cisse when so spitting.

Who do you actually support? From your posts I thought that you supported Newcastle but have read that you actually support Leeds. What's the deal?

This is a serious question by the way. Not a take the piss thing or a criticism. I'm just genuinely curious.

Brophs

The One and Only
Who do you actually support? From your posts I thought that you supported Newcastle but have read that you actually support Leeds. What's the deal?

This is a serious question by the way. Not a take the piss thing or a criticism. I'm just genuinely curious.
He supports any team that Alan Smith has played for. He's down Milton Keynes every weekend, shirtless, so everyone can see his red devil tattoo. Which is weird, as the tattoo's on his arse cheek, but what do you expect? He's a Leeds fan.

Precaution

What gets me from that BBC report from the FA - they came out and claimed what Jonny Evans did was disgusting which it probably well is but did the F.A ever come out with "Racism is disgusting" when over the years numerous individuals have done it, John Terry only got a 4 match ban for his racism slur and the FA said nowt about it other than the ban.... so is Spitting deemed less acceptable than Racism now? judging by the FA rulings, i guess so.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He supports any team that Alan Smith has played for. He's down Milton Keynes every weekend, shirtless, so everyone can see his red devil tattoo. Which is weird, as the tattoo's on his arse cheek, but what do you expect? He's a Leeds fan.
:lol:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

That looks intentional.
Such an eye for an eye scenario. Cisse kicks Evans, Evans kicks back. Evans spits at/on Cisse, Cisse spits back. Easy for the FA to come to a conclusion. The length of the ban are debatable but I get it if they take into account those kicks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
it says it all about Evans performance levels these days, that barely one concern about him being out for such a long time has been raised.
A lot of fans think it helps us!

Marching

Leeds supporter.

:lol: @Brophs

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
:lol:

Acole9

Outstanding
That statement pretty much sums all this up in a nutshell. It is extremely embarrassing that he has lied about this and has shown no remorse for his actions, we must get rid of this muppet in the summer.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
That statement pretty much sums all this up in a nutshell. It is extremely embarrassing that he has lied about this and has shown no remorse for his actions, we must get rid of this muppet in the summer.
He had no reason to lie. He would have known that there would have been video footage showing the incident from numerous different angles. So, why lie?

Acole9

Outstanding
He had no reason to lie. He would have known that there would have been video footage showing the incident from numerous different angles. So, why lie?
He has lied because the video footage clearly shows he did spit at him. He just isn't man enough to admit to his mistakes.

Marching

I agree that he clearly lied....you can't really spit and not know about it. Not a reason to get rid of him though.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He has lied because the video footage clearly shows he did spit at him. He just isn't man enough to admit to his mistakes.
So, you think he'd rather look like a coward than an absolute fool? Just doesn't make sense for him to lie.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I agree that he clearly lied....you can't really spit and not know about it. Not a reason to get rid of him though.
I am not defending the Evans situation here but in regards to spitting, on the field, you can definitely spit and not know about it. Directly spitting AT someone, then yes a thought process takes place but in general, a lot of players will spit over 100 times during a match.

Marching

I am not defending the Evans situation here but in regards to spitting, on the field, you can definitely spit and not know about it. Directly spitting AT someone, then yes a thought process takes place but in general, a lot of players will spit over 100 times during a match.

Not wishing to to open up something that a judgement has already been fairly made on but....Evans was looking directly at Cisse and spat towards him and that's what the FA based their decision on.

Spit without knowing about it? Sorry, but if a thought process takes place then you know about it. It's like saying you can cough without knowing about it or your arm rising without you knowing about it! To spit you first have to gather the spit in your mouth and then form your tongue to propel it out of your mouth....how does that all happen with you knowing about it?

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
You cough, but it's not on your mind. Automatic process one usually does not recall in the future. In that sense he might happen not to know about it.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Not wishing to to open up something that a judgement has already been fairly made on but....Evans was looking directly at Cisse and spat towards him and that's what the FA based their decision on.

Spit without knowing about it? Sorry, but if a thought process takes place then you know about it. It's like saying you can cough without knowing about it or your arm rising without you knowing about it! To spit you first have to gather the spit in your mouth and then form your tongue to propel it out of your mouth....how does that all happen with you knowing about it?
When you break it down, then yes, every spit has a thought process. But for those who play sport outside, it's just a natural thing. Watch today's game when the camera is focused on a player, you will see them spit. It happens 100s of times a game.

I remember watching myself in some games, a close up of me spitting and I can assure you that looking back, I can't remember thinking, I'm going to spit now.

Marching

When you break it down, then yes, every spit has a thought process. But for those who play sport outside, it's just a natural thing. Watch today's game when the camera is focused on a player, you will see them spit. It happens 100s of times a game.

I remember watching myself in some games, a close up of me spitting and I can assure you that looking back, I can't remember thinking, I'm going to spit now.
Nobody is saying players don't spit. This is about Evans spitting towards Cisse. He did. Move on.