Everton 2022/23 | Dyche Dyche baby

Guy Incognito

They will stay up, frustratingly for Everton fans it's another season wasted and 'what if?'.

Lampard had no clue how to get the best out of his squad, Dyche does.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just shows what a proper football manager can do. Great result.
Lampard was doing this when he first came in of course.

They need to turn Goodison Park back into an impossible venue to get three points for away points so that result will certainly help the confidence.

Still don't think they'll be much good if they're having to chase games constantly, just not enough goal threat.

FujiVice

Dyche is a football manager. Lampard isnt even that. Unbelievable how much of a fraud he is. He's had 3 different levels now. Chelsea who wanted to challenge, Derby who wanted to go up and Everton were were basically a midtable side. He's managed to deliver nothing but low expectations is all three jobs. We cant keep giving the likes of this chance after chance.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

They need to turn Goodison Park back into an impossible venue to get three points for away points so that result will certainly help the confidence.

Still don't think they'll be much good if they're having to chase games constantly, just not enough goal threat.
I like Lampard and have defended him quite a bit but what we saw today in one game was a side that looked more organised and tactically more informed than we ever looked under Lampard. We restricted the best side in the league this season by quite a distance to barely anything and it was a pretty comfortable 1-0 win.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I like Lampard and have defended him quite a bit but what we saw today in one game was a side that looked more organised and tactically more informed than we ever looked under Lampard. We restricted the best side in the league this season by quite a distance to barely anything and it was a pretty comfortable 1-0 win.
In first few months of Lampard you won home games v Leeds (3-0), Newcastle (more smash and grab but was with 10 men) and I thought today was very similar gameplan to how you got 1-0s v Man. United and Chelsea. Both may have retired from league season by then but still plenty of top quality in both 11s. This was all before the famous Crystal Palace comeback.

I think to stay up you're going to need a few away wins so interested what Dyche comes up with on the road as generally his Burnley sides tended to get more shock results v top teams away than at Turf Moor if people look at the results, think they went unbeaten for about four years at Old Trafford.

Well deserved win today and I actually think you'll get something at the swamp next week aswell with the state Liverpool are in.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
In first few months of Lampard you won home games v Leeds (3-0), Newcastle (more smash and grab but was with 10 men) and I thought today was very similar gameplan to how you got 1-0s v Man. United and Chelsea. Both may have retired from league season by then but still plenty of top quality in both 11s. This was all before the famous Crystal Palace comeback.

I think to stay up you're going to need a few away wins so interested what Dyche comes up with on the road as generally his Burnley sides tended to get more shock results v top teams away than at Turf Moor if people look at the results, think they went unbeaten for about four years at Old Trafford.

Well deserved win today and I actually think you'll get something at the swamp next week aswell with the state Liverpool are in.
Im not talking about results though. I’m talking about how we looked on the pitch. It was quite obvious today how more tactically astute Dyche is compared to Lampard. Those 1-0 victories weren’t Como for table and we rode our luck. In this game we fully deserved the victory and didn’t really look in any danger of losing.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Away with your facts.

Pronewbie

Peep

Away with your facts.
If you scrutinise the trend of Lampard's false dawns just a little closer..

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I fancy these to beat Liverpool next week.

Dyche will get these fully up for it while Liverpool are in a cesspit.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Im not talking about results though. I’m talking about how we looked on the pitch. It was quite obvious today how more tactically astute Dyche is compared to Lampard. Those 1-0 victories weren’t Como for table and we rode our luck. In this game we fully deserved the victory and didn’t really look in any danger of losing.
Oh yeah you really narrowed the pitch up well which at the best is what Goodison can offer. Bringing Doucoure back in made real sense as it freed up Onana more to bring the ball forward and basically muscled likes of Odegaard totally out of the game.

Those are certainly sort of tweaks Lampard wouldn't have made as he'd have kept Iwobi central with little end product.

Still think you're a bit light upfront. Will be games in the run in when you'll need much more from Maupay than running around and just winding up the opposition but then I guess it got Ashley Barnes a premier league career for many years.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He won’t have a better chance of beating Liverpool and making himself a bit of a hero only two games in.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
I fancy these to beat Liverpool next week.

Dyche will get these fully up for it while Liverpool are in a cesspit.

Yes, I think Dyche will be the absolute last manager Klopp wants to see next game. There is a bit of needle between them going back a few seasons.

bringbackbebe

The win was thoroughly deserved but we'll have to see how much of this is attributable to new manager bounce. I don't believe even the greatest of managers can turn the club around in 1 game.

Do us both a favor and smash Liverpool next week!

AR87

And you're so confident this isn't a false dawn, because...
Because what Everton did was achieve a tactical superiority over the top side in the PL this season who had lost only one game this season in the league prior.

This isn't to mention that Dyche is a proven quality manager who routinely has been able to get his teams to punch above their weight class.

Really isn't that hard to understand.

Oranges038

Last 14 managers for Everton have won their first game in charge.

Should hire a new one every week.

NoPace

I wonder how Lampard feels when he sees his ex-team win against the league leaders, after he couldn't get a win for such a long time.
Does he really realize how poor of a manager he is?
He should humble himself and go be a #2 for a good manager and hope he learns some things like Arteta did. He's still young. Sign a contract promising never to take over that club if the manager is worried he'd be an appointment in waiting, as an act of contrition after forcing Everton fans to be happy for Sean Dyche and face relegation for the first time and making Liverpool fans happy.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He should humble himself and go be a #2 for a good manager and hope he learns some things like Arteta did. He's still young. Sign a contract promising never to take over that club if the manager is worried he'd be an appointment in waiting, as an act of contrition after forcing Everton fans to be happy for Sean Dyche and face relegation for the first time and making Liverpool fans happy.
Being an assistant would certainly help him, but some managers have such big egos that do not allow them to do so, especially when they were high profile players. They think the experience of being an ex-player is enough to know how to manage a football club. It's so wrong.
As a player you barely know 20% of what a manager that has never kicked a ball knows.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Already started preparing for relegation.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not funny. I know people who struggle with mental health. Don’t make light of it.

Who on earth made you staff on here? Shocking.
That’s nice. I struggle with it too. I should lock myself in a room and never comment on anything.

caid

Hard to judge tone on the internet. Definitely misplaced in this instance. Its seems like a useful resource to share regardless.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Hard to judge tone on the internet. Definitely misplaced in this instance. Its seems like a useful resource to share regardless.
it was a mix of a joke and serious. Football is a huge part of people’s lives and especially in a footballing city like Liverpool where people will struggle with something like relegation.

ROFLUTION

Everton or any relegation-contender should heavily consider doing a sack combo. Do shit for the first part of the season, then:

Hire Dyche for 4 games+sack, hire Big Sam for 4 games+sack, hire Woy for 4 games+sack

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Not funny. I know people who struggle with mental health. Don’t make light of it.

I'm not understanding your indignation. I don't see that he made light of it.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

I don’t think he was making light of it. I think we sometimes underestimate how heavily some people depend on football, and as such, go through a range of emotions following a team in crisis.

There will be many people dealing with mental health issues totally removed from football, but there will be some match going supporters that will be taking it harder than others.

I think it’s great to normalize asking for help and a football club is a great community hub in order to accomplish that.

Josep Dowling

If Everton go down will this idea that Dyche is a good manager go away? The bloke has as much arrogance on his ability as Big Sam.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
If Everton go down will this idea that Dyche is a good manager go away? The bloke has as much arrogance on his ability as Big Sam.
Maybe he could just physically go away. His voice is so grating it’s awful.

acnumber9

He had Burnley in the Premier League for 7 seasons with a transfer spend over ten years not much more than Forest have spent in one season to maybe go down again and had Burnley in the Europa League. Just because his football is shit doesn’t mean he isn’t an obviously good manager.