Everton 2022/23 | Dyche Dyche baby

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Boooo! There's always next year, I guess.

mu4c_20le

That team is actually tragic. Iwobi, Gray, and McNeil are Championship players.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That Pickford save from Maddison's penalty basically kept them up.

Leicester very likely win that if it goes 3-1 at half time.

It was a very Dyche and Everton win to stay up and premier league will probably have a weaker relegation battle next season given what's coming up so you'd expect Everton to have enough to finish on 45 points and 14th or something like that.

Intrigued what FFP punishment they get though as even a transfer ban for a window will put huge strain on limited squad.

Eric_the_Red99

Liverpool will be thrilled that their regular six points against Everton will be assured again next season

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That team is actually tragic. Iwobi, Gray, and McNeil are Championship players.
McNeil had a really good second half of the season, scored 7-8 goals.

Iwobi one year left so feels Everton to give him a new 5 year contract based on limited output in Lampard's first few months.

Most remarkable stat to me is they've stayed up despite only scoring one goal or less in 18 of their 19 home games.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Lampard did half the work. He deserves credit for keeping them up too ;)

acolyte

Disappointed they stayed up. They deserved to go down for paying actual money for Maupay. Irritating, non-scoring strikers are a plague.

We can't even pawn off our deadwood on them anymore because they're broke.

Thrillho

What a strange bunch Everton fans are, running onto the pitch like they just won the League. They shouldn’t have been anywhere near this mess in the first place with the resources they’ve got. Now that shower of players and the board will be thinking they’ve done a good job.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
They'll stay up with ease next season. Just having Dyche for a full season instead of Lampard is in itself worth at least 10 points.

InfiniteBoredom

I actually don’t mind the blue Scousers staying up, if only they don’t roll over twice a season for the red ones....

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Well done to Doucoure and Dyche. Lampard dropped him and was set on selling him but he’s been class since Dyche came in. Fair fecks to both and thank you.

Brophs

The One and Only
They'll stay up with ease next season. Just having Dyche for a full season instead of Lampard is in itself worth at least 10 points.
Few stories last week that they’re looking around for a new manager. I wonder if they always had that in mind with Dyche but couldn’t get him in the door without selling it as a longer term job.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Few stories last week that they’re looking around for a new manager. I wonder if they always had that in mind with Dyche but couldn’t get him in the door without selling it as a longer term job.
Interesting. Dyche isn't the most "sexy" manager but I feel like replacing him at this point would be an unnecessary risk given their financial situation.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Keeping Everton up while having to play Dycheball with Demarai Gray as a false nine for most games should unlock some kind of hardcore mode achievement.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
@SilentWitness Congratulations. Happy to see a historic club not go to complete shite (at least for now).

ScholesyTheWise

I used to not mind them much or at all...
but in 2010 I went to my first-ever United game away at Goodison
[it was then possible to get away tickets via the Israeli supporters' branch, believe it or not].

and being a typical glory-hunting-fan-from-abroad, as some would claim,
I didn't know much about the scousers and mancs thing, that goes some way beyond United-Liverpool...

So I got to the tram station outside of Goodison with a Scholes 2007/8 home kit (red one, AIG) on me,
with my jacket all open and showing it... I got a lot of abuse thrown at me (in an accent I mostly didn't understand),
and if it wasn't for a stranger United fan who took me to the side of the road and told me to close my jacket and not say a word until we enter the ground,
who knows how that day would have ended hehe...

Hate them ever since, and Moyes & Fellaini did little to change that.

@SilentWitness congrats mate

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
@SilentWitness congrats on staying up. That was a tense watch from a neutral perspective so can’t imagine how you felt!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Congratulations but they’ll struggle again next season.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Great that they stayed up as I would have been upset if we would have to ban @SilentWitness for defending Lampard and blaming Dyche if they went down. hehe

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Would be complete madness to sack him. Style is limited but he did what was required and showed at Burnley he can keep teams up reasonably comfortably despite not scoring much.

Everton wanted Bielsa as their first choice but he'd have been a terrible fit with how their squad is so it's a massive gamble to go for a high pressing coach as they simply don't have a good enough team.

Better to just low block teams to death and scramble goals off set pieces and get to 40 points by mid April next season and then hope the new stadium can provide better opportunities.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Would be complete madness to sack him. Style is limited but he did what was required and showed at Burnley he can keep teams up reasonably comfortably despite not scoring much.

Everton wanted Bielsa as their first choice but he'd have been a terrible fit with how their squad is so it's a massive gamble to go for a high pressing coach as they simply don't have a good enough team.

Better to just low block teams to death and scramble goals off set pieces and get to 40 points by mid April next season and then hope the new stadium can provide better opportunities.
:nono: Moshiri did and I don’t like associating what he wants and what Everton want.

DWelbz19

They really thought the demon dirty Dyche wouldn’t keep the Evertonians up. I always had faith

Ludens the Red

Yep. Had they got relegated Bielsa may have then become an option. I think at that level you can afford to take a chance with that style of football. But in the premier league they’d be eaten alive playing that style with that group of players.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Quite sad that they run onto the pitch after scraping safety like it’s some achievement. They should never be in that position to start with. Small club mentality.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Quite sad that they run onto the pitch after scraping safety like it’s some achievement. They should never be in that position to start with. Small club mentality.
I disagree. It’s from sheer relief, not joy.
The fans have been very clear that they are angry and upset about the position we have found ourselves in and regularly call for the board to get out and new people to come in. Even yesterday after we secured PL status for next season we were vocal about the board and club.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’m interested to see how this summer goes. It’s another big one for us. Dyche needs to be backed if we stick with him and I think if so we should be comfortably mid table. I don’t expect top half but I also don’t expect another relegation battle.

I think Dyche has been fantastic in some aspects (the Arsenal and Brighton games were tactically superb and to win yesterday with a bare thin squad was a testament to him) but he’s also been really crap at times (bringing Keane back and not having Mina in earlier, poor in game management etc). It looks like he will be better than Lampard and Benitez were and I think it probably makes sense to keep him to try and stabilise the club which I think he can do. Don’t think he’s the man to get us competing in the top 10 again but that is quite far off anyway, we should be trying to stabilise and maintain PL status without the worry of relegation going into the final few or final game of a season.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I disagree. It’s from sheer relief, not joy.
The fans have been very clear that they are angry and upset about the position we have found ourselves in and regularly call for the board to get out and new people to come in. Even yesterday after we secured PL status for next season we were vocal about the board and club.
Fair enough. Ye something needs changing. Congratulations though. The prem would have been weird without yous in it :lol: Do you think dyche is the man to take you forward though? I remember him saying with a better team and better Budget is style will be more attractive then it was at Burnley. I don’t believe that though.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Well done to Doucoure and Dyche. Lampard dropped him and was set on selling him but he’s been class since Dyche came in. Fair fecks to both and thank you.
We watched your game yesterday @SilentWitness, and we were both cheering for Everton. We got really invested in it. I'm really glad you stayed up, as you should. Yesterday was a good day for us and for you.

bringbackbebe

I’m interested to see how this summer goes. It’s another big one for us. Dyche needs to be backed if we stick with him and I think if so we should be comfortably mid table. I don’t expect top half but I also don’t expect another relegation battle.

I think Dyche has been fantastic in some aspects (the Arsenal and Brighton games were tactically superb and to win yesterday with a bare thin squad was a testament to him) but he’s also been really crap at times (bringing Keane back and not having Mina in earlier, poor in game management etc). It looks like he will be better than Lampard and Benitez were and I think it probably makes sense to keep him to try and stabilise the club which I think he can do. Don’t think he’s the man to get us competing in the top 10 again but that is quite far off anyway, we should be trying to stabilise and maintain PL status without the worry of relegation going into the final few or final game of a season.
Aston Villa and Newcastle have shown things can turn around pretty quick in football. Everton should be near at least where Villa are. Once certain good decisions are made and this board goes out, can see you competing for Europa league/conference league soon.