Everton 2022/23 | Dyche Dyche baby

Brophs

The One and Only
The Everton board couldn’t go to the match today due to a credible threat to their safety. One way to keep your job.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

The poor lad has played all of a few minutes for Everton.

Absolute meltdown at Goodison. Some proper nutters there.

Mr. Robot

V.O. said:
The poor lad has played all of a few

Stay classy, Scousers. A few players had young kids in the back of their cars apparently.

All fans have a minority of idiots but when the rabid Scousers get angry, watch out - they’re a different breed.

Bert_

The poor lad has played all of a few minutes for Everton.

He's just got back from his loan move. Been there all of 2 weeks ffs. How's he responsible for anything :lol:

AlPistacho

Apparently one of their directors got put in a headlock.

While football is passionate for us fans. People have to understand for many people in club organisations it’s a job. They don’t mean to feck up, be it players, managers, directors, etc. it’s really no different to putting some random person whose business you’ve received poor service from in a headlock.

eire-red

I think Everton signing Dele Alli for 40m kind of epitomises where the club is right now. A complete and utter waste of money for a guy who clearly has completely lost the appetite for football. That was evident long before he left Spurs.

It will be an epic failure given the amount of money they've spent if they go down. Random question though; If they did go down, would you see a full on capitulation like Portsmouth/Sunderland over the next few years, or sort themselves out and bounce straight back?

Mr. Robot

I think Everton signing Dele Alli for 40m kind of epitomises where the club is right now. A complete and utter waste of money for a guy who clearly has completely lost the appetite for football. That was evident long before he left Spurs.

It will be an epic failure given the amount of money they've spent if they go down. Random question though; If they did go down, would you see a full on capitulation like Portsmouth/Sunderland over the next few years, or sort themselves out and bounce straight back?
It’a a myth that Everton are a very big club. I see this peddled by the media all of the time.

They haven’t been relevant since the 1980s. They’re not even as big as Aston Villa, or Forest. I can see them staying in the Championship for a long time if they go down.

Their fans are deluded. They hound out all of their managers and talk about the likes of Tuchel or Pochettino to replace Lampard (I genuinely heard this on phone-in talk shows before the World Cup started).

They’d be lucky to get Thomas The Tank Engine let alone Tuchel. Something in the water on Merseyside, honestly :lol:

r1z3mu

Ole, Lampard, Gerard........ When teams hire incompetent managers nothing good happens.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’ve posted before and it’s popping up in other threads but over the past 3 or so years we have decided to get rid of all the players in our squad that score goals or create chances and that’s on the club. Digne, Rodriguez and Richarlison were all let go by the club for different reasons. The former two were sanctioned by a manager that should never have been at the club and the latter is a result of poor financial performance and transfer dealings. This has led us to rely on one man who is a crock (DCL) to be our saviour. Our other main creator was let go because of things we can’t talk about.
The failure to replace these players by the club is an absolute huge factor in terms of the performance of the squad in attack. It still disturbs me a lot that we allowed Digne to leave because of Benitez and then sacked him a couple of weeks later. Just an absolutely shite club and we deserve to be in the Championship.
It’s depressing as I’m not even angry. I’m just disappointed and upset that my club is dying in front of me.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Everton fans are a disgrace. Chasing players down the street, spitting at directors and putting them in a headlock.
This is a club that has spent massive amounts of money.

Idxomer

They don't have a better squad than Burnley or Watford of last season who both got relegated.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Everton fans are a disgrace. Chasing players down the street, spitting at directors and putting them in a headlock.
This is a club that has spent massive amounts of money.
United spent loads of money under Woodward yet I don’t think you would argue he didn’t deserve criticism.

Obviously the way these fans are doing it is disgusting and hopefully they’re banned for life but just because a club sends money it doesn’t mean it’s money spent well or we should be thankful for it if it’s spent poorly and has actually meant we have regressed massively.

Morpheus 7

All wee rats stopping cars, takes away from the proper protests. This gets the headlines and stops the main issues.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Just a big mess right now

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...t-over-alisher-usmanovs-links-with-everton-fc

A series of football managers have raised fresh questions over the ownership of Everton FC after claiming they were interviewed for the top job in the presence of the now-sanctioned oligarch Alisher Usmanov.

The multibillionaire is understood to have attended a sequence of meetings dating from current owner Farhad Moshiri’s initial acquisition of an Everton stake in 2016, until before Usmanov was sanctioned last year, when assets of “Putin associates” were frozen after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
West Ham next real relegation scrap that one. Hopefully Everton lose, sack Lampard ready for the new manager bounce against Arsenal and then Liverpool

eire-red

I’ve posted before and it’s popping up in other threads but over the past 3 or so years we have decided to get rid of all the players in our squad that score goals or create chances and that’s on the club. Digne, Rodriguez and Richarlison were all let go by the club for different reasons. The former two were sanctioned by a manager that should never have been at the club and the latter is a result of poor financial performance and transfer dealings. This has led us to rely on one man who is a crock (DCL) to be our saviour. Our other main creator was let go because of things we can’t talk about.
The failure to replace these players by the club is an absolute huge factor in terms of the performance of the squad in attack. It still disturbs me a lot that we allowed Digne to leave because of Benitez and then sacked him a couple of weeks later. Just an absolutely shite club and we deserve to be in the Championship.
It’s depressing as I’m not even angry. I’m just disappointed and upset that my club is dying in front of me.
The interesting thing is that the Everton story is pretty much the same as United. Rotten ownership, bad recruitment, poor manager selection, no real on-field plan or identity... sounds familiar, right?

Only difference is our 20 point drop off from our successful days has brought us Europa League football, but it's dragged Everton into relegation scraps.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The interesting thing is that the Everton story is pretty much the same as United. Rotten ownership, bad recruitment, poor manager selection, no real on-field plan or identity... sounds familiar, right?

Only difference is our 20 point drop off from our successful days has brought us Europa League football, but it's dragged Everton into relegation scraps.
Yeah. The crazy thing about it all is people saw how badly we f'd up, then decided to do the same thing at Everton and now at Chelsea.

Its shocking how people fail to learn from things happening right in front of them.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Seen Zapata linked, he'd be a good option upfront on loan for rest of the season.

SinNombre

No owner has personally invested more in a club than Moshiri.

Owning a middling club is a thankless task. You keep throwing good money after bad on the club and get abused by room temperature IQ knuckleheads.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
No owner has personally invested more in a club than Moshiri.

Owning a middling club is a thankless task. You keep throwing good money after bad on the club and get abused by room temperature IQ knuckleheads.

Why is investing money automatically good? The money he has invested has been absolutely terribly done, some of which by his hand personally and obviously by those he has employed too. It's not helped us. It's put us in a position where if we are relegated we are financially in a terrible state. It's quite disturbing seeing fans of other clubs defending Moshiri.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Everton's board smearing their fans is next level scumbaggery

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Wasn’t a ceo put in a headlock?
Police said there were no complaints and they waited 11 days to the matchday of fan protests to 'release' this information

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
We've reached wwf attitude times.

Anyway, RIP everton football club. You had a good run.

The owner to me is incompetent rather than vindictive. He's spent a fortune. Although, not sacking Lampard is heading towards the vindictive.

All the owner had to do over these past few years was appointment the right manager. If he does that, everton are 6th or 7th in the league and all that fan anger mostly goes away. But he couldn't do it. He kept appointing the wrong man time after time.

And this all accumulated in Lampard getting the job. And he is, without doubt, the worst manager in the history of the football club. And for some reason, the owner won't sack him. It's likely to be too late by the time he does.

The club might well go bust without PL money. It really could be all over.

Also, I don't use social media for sport much, so yesterday was the first I found out about the apparent online rivalry between newcastle and everton fans. @SilentWitness do you know what that is all about? I don't remember issues between the clubs in the past.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

The owner to me is incompetent rather than vindictive. He's spent a fortune. Although, not sacking Lampard is heading towards the vindictive.

All the owner had to do over these past few years was appointment the right manager. If he does that, everton are 6th or 7th in the league and all that fan anger mostly goes away. But he couldn't do it. He kept appointing the wrong man time after time.

And this all accumulated in Lampard getting the job. And he is, without doubt, the worst manager in the history of the football club. And for some reason, the owner won't sack him. It's likely to be too late by the time he does.

Also, I don't use social media for sport much, so yesterday was the first I found out about the apparent online rivalry between newcastle and everton fans. @SilentWitness do you know what that is all about? I don't remember issues between the clubs in the past.
I think it is a weird twitter thing. They are obsessed with Sunderland and hate Pickford due to that and I think both clubs being a 'sleeping giant' so to speak and having the fan base to become a big club again if the right owner came in has led to there being a random twitter rivalry about stuff.

Allegedly but it is a weird situation. They didn't report it to police and didn't tell anyone about it until a statement just before the game on Southampton. I don't really understand why you'd do that because if something as serious as that happened then 99% of the fanbase would be horrified and want to help in catching the person who did it. Not only that but a lot of fans wouldn't risk going if there are nutters who are happy to put females in headlocks.

kjs17

Supports
Newcastle United

It started at the end of the 2011/12 before the final match of the season between the two at Goodison, when Pardew was our manager. Because we were still gunning for 4th, he made a remark that we’d moved ahead in the pecking order to get a higher quality of player or something to that effect. This was obviously picked up on Twitter, and I believe that despite the manager making the comment, it was seen as a sign of Newcastle fan arrogance. So it’s been 11 years of ridiculous baiting from both sides because of Alan fecking Pardew.

Last edited:
Reactions: sizzling sausages

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
It really pisses me off and shows a lack of football intelligence when people say 'no one else could have done a better job'. It's just an insane opinion that I've heard a couple of people say when talking about Lampard's position. I read the exact same thing said about Ole during the end of his spell at Utd. Again, just drivel.

What do these people think a football manager is supposed to do? You think the players are crap? Well, guess what? Under a better coach those same players might well perform a whole lot better.

I'd go as far to say that a decent to good coach would get this everton squad to 11-14th. No problem at all.