Everton manager Ronald Koeman is Sacked | Koeman: "I'm not impressed"

MadMike

I hope he's still available when Klopp gets the sack. Only to see Scousers froth in the mouth as they are linked with him.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Problem is, the owners aren't satisfied with "just staying up", which is their good right after spending quite a bit this offseason (I think?). Everton should be the first club alongside Soton to sit just under the big six, but they're not. Their biggest and most obvious failure this season was not replacing Lukaku properly, which is also partly on Koeman.
Ultimately that's the reason why I consider Everton as a poisoned chalice for any manager. They're financially clearly behind the top 6 yet many of their fans and the board seem to think that they should play in Europe. Yet top 6 is almost impossible bar the chance that one of the big clubs feck up big time, finishing 7th is just about right for them and everything else is instantly considered as underperforming and sackable.

pawanraj

If only Klopp would leave now, so Liverpool, true to form, can go for a former Southampton man.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Problem is, the owners aren't satisfied with "just staying up", which is their good right after spending quite a bit this offseason (I think?). Everton should be the first club alongside Soton to sit just under the big six, but they're not. Their biggest and most obvious failure this season was not replacing Lukaku properly, which is also partly on Koeman.
Clubs need to realize that maintaining the same levels of performance after selling great to world-class players is nigh on impossible. Buying 2-3 for the price of 1 almost never works. Not sure if the owners had buy-in on the Lukaku sale, but they should have expected a dip (probably not as drastic as this) as the team adjusted to the loss of a proven PL scorer.

But yes, I agree that Koeman deserves some flack.

Ludens the Red

To be fair they've had a rotten schedule. They would have stayed up regardless. More moronic behavior from club owners (who don't get enough scrutiny).
The manner of the defeats says a lot more. 5-2 yesterday, 4-0 to us, 3-0 to Chelsea and Spurs. Also getting humped in Europe. Leicester and Burnley have had similar horrible fixtures but managed to negotiate those fixtures with their pride in tact.

His season reminds me so much of Lvg here. Just making things up as he goes. Stupid line ups, lack
Of attention to detail. Diabolical signings.
Like he signed Martina who he never played at Southampton, he's brought him to Everton and picks two rookies instead of him. Doesn't make sense, not sure why they signed Sigurdsson and Rooney and didn't bother getting a proven goal scorer. He also has some weird grudge against Niasse who since coming to England has proven a handful and chipped in with goals. He also waited too long to drop the diabolical Ashley Williams.

Kapardin

Hope Koeman learns to be a bit more humble next time. No chance of managing Barca, but he will probably walk into the Dutch national team job easy.

They can try for Ancelotti, the same way I am trying for Eva Green...

Anyway, they should tap up Tuchel (if he is willing), or appoint a caretaker and bide their time for Marco Silva or someone similar. I have nothing against Everton, they can do a useful job of taking points off Liverpool for once if they appoint someone half decent.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
feck off you fraud of a manager. I never really understood why he'd constantly display a level of arrogance. Like he was a top coach.
This is completel deserved, about as clueless as a transfer window can get. The only good thing he did was buy Rooney from us.

stu_1992

Not surprising, they've performed awfully this season. The run of fixtures hasn't helped of course, but even in Europe they've been shocking. Shite transfer dealings in the summer have left them with a fairly blunt attack and their defense seem past it's best too. Not disappointed to see the back of him. Unbearable wanker.

tomaldinho1

Terrible transfer business and rightfully sacked.

Bilic will be following suit shortly.

notcool

Supports
a
Ultimately that's the reason why I consider Everton as a poisoned chalice for any manager. They're financially clearly behind the top 6 yet many of their fans and the board seem to think that they should play in Europe. Yet top 6 is almost impossible bar the chance that one of the big clubs feck up big time, finishing 7th is just about right for them and everything else is instantly considered as underperforming and sackable.
Well 7th means Europa League usually so they should be able to do that. And if they've been talking about being on par with the top 6, maybe they're speaking long-term. Which is not unrealistic, considering they're building a new stadium.

redshaw

Not surprising. I was not impressed with his team in the PL and Europa.

Think Everton will go for Moyes, someone who has feelings for the club instead of some guy using it as a stepping stone. Still, on dourness Moyes has Koeman beat.

No-one could do a better job than Moyes after Koeman, no-one.

midnightmare

Wanted Giroud. Thought they were getting Giroud. Giroud said no.
Doubt Giroud would have fixed this mess. Not the type they needed. Yet another sign of his transfer bungling. He had all summer of knowing he was losing a fast, powerful and mobile finisher who assured goals and all he came up with was Giroud and a bunch of slow-as-feck midfielders. Deserved it.

I'm impressed ;-)

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
What's the betting Rafa could go there? Newcastle is up for sale so has an uncertain future. Or maybe I'm just imaging Everton finishing ahead of Liverpool with Rafa at the helm

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Southampton was Koeman's purple patch. Knew it probably wouldnt last after what he did at Valencia
It's actually amazing coming to think of it. Not many (players+managers) have left Southampton to become at success elsewhere. Pochettino is about the only one. Anyway, Everton are usually good at nicking points off City, so I hope Everton soon will be back to being Everton.

Boycott

Managers like Koeman who have a wondering eye are more likelier to pay the price for bad form. He said he would leave the club voluntarily at the end of his contract. The club therefore don't have to feel committed to him and investing time and money into him if he's not committed to them.

AgentP

Moyes? Yes! Then first tihing he does is to give Rooney 5 year deal.
Make this happen! Moyes will even have Jagielka who he rates higher than Vidic. I can already see his January signings. Tim Cahill, Jack Rodwell, Steven Pienaar. He'll then complain that he couldn't get the players he wanted like Fellaini and Januzaj.

AgentP

Koeman has done his job for us though. Sold us Lukaku and then took Rooney and Schneiderlin off our hands.

Vaibhav Kulkarni

Read on Dailymail that Dyche, Howe and Marco Silva are favourites. Wonder why these three will even think of leaving the current team and take up everton job especially Marco Silva, his team is working well with his tactics.

Weird and dumb transfer dealings haven't helped his cause for sure.

Facing Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal in their first 9 matches is what's done him over though. Other than the last 10 weeks, he's had three very decent full seasons managing in England.

After he got fired at AZ Alkmaar in 2009 I thought he was a parody on a football manager. Nearly pissed myself laughing when Feyenoord signed him, but against my expectations he actually did a wonderful job there. Got his extra experience managing in the Premier League.

Next stop is probably the Dutch national team. They've been so shit the last three years he definitely can't do any worse there.
To be fair they've had a rotten schedule. They would have stayed up regardless. More moronic behavior from club owners (who don't get enough scrutiny).
Europa League

W MFK Ruzomberok 1:0
W MFK Ruzomberok 0:1
W HNK Hajduk Split 2:0
D HNK Hajduk Split 1:1
L Atalanta BC 3:0
D Apollon Limassol 2:2
L Olympique Lyon 1:2

Premier League

W Stoke City 1:0
D Manchester City 1:1
L Chelsea FC 2:0
L Tottenham Hotspur 0:3
L Manchester United 4:0
W AFC Bournemouth 2:1
L Burnley FC 0:1
D Brighton & Hove Albion 1:1
L Arsenal FC 2:5

EFL Cup

W Sunderland AFC 3:0

Even if you take out the fixtures v the alleged 'top 5' in the league, that's pretty dire. I've watched both legs v Hajduk closely (who are woeful) and Everton looked pedestrian all the way. Gylfi's fluke 60-yarder and a penalty miss on the other end saved them from an utter embarrassment. And when I saw how negative they looked v 10-man City, I knew it was going to be difficult for them.

Reactions: Akshay

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Anyone who saw the game yesterday could see that this was coming. Losing to Arsenal is not that bad but Everton were embarrassingly bad and completely all over the place. Arsenal could have scored 3-4 goals in the first 10 minutes itself. To improve the team you need a manager who is ready to accept that there is a problem and koeman seemed to be too arrogant to accept anything

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Look at their performances in the Europa league and you will see that it's not just the big clubs they have struggled with.

Watched all of their group stage games so far and they have been diabolical.