Everton manager Ronald Koeman is Sacked | Koeman: "I'm not impressed"

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Read on Dailymail that Dyche, Howe and Marco Silva are favourites. Wonder why these three will even think of leaving the current team and take up everton job especially Marco Silva, his team is working well with his tactics.
The premier league doesn't allow a club to poach another member's manager mid-season, so if they want any of those they will need to appoint a caretaker manager to begin with.

crossy1686

career ending
How much are we betting Moyes appears in the media any time now, talking about him wanting to get back into work soon but he's just waiting for the right opportunity?

RedDevil@84

How much are we betting Moyes appears in the media any time now, talking about him wanting to get back into work soon but he's just waiting for the right opportunity?
Exclusive on Dailymail... A look into Moyes life and his ambitions

MoskvaRed

The odds would be so short I wouldn't even bet on it. Still, I think he will be waiting a while after the Sunderland stint shredded his reputation as a safe pair of hands for a bottom half club.

Kapardin

feck off you fraud of a manager. I never really understood why he'd constantly display a level of arrogance. Like he was a top coach.
This is completel deserved, about as clueless as a transfer window can get. The only good thing he did was buy Rooney from us.
He deserved to be sacked by Everton last year itself for these comments:

Maybe that is not what you might expect the Everton manager to say but they (Liverpool) have been playing some very good football and deserve to be at the top,' Koeman added
If you can imagine a scenario where Mourinho is praising City or Liverpool and claiming that they deserve to be top, you would want him gone too. I totally get the fact that managers are not as attached to rivalries as fans are, and they may indeed appreciate the work of other clubs deemed as rivals at times. But when the rivalry is as massive as Everton/Liverpool or United/Liverpool, you should respect the fans and keep your trap shut.

It showed very clearly that he didn't think much of Everton at all and considered the club a stepping stone. Such a terrible attitude. Add to that he is a managerial fraud who also took pot shots at United, makes his sacking well deserved.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The premier league doesn't allow a club to poach another member's manager mid-season, so if they want any of those they will need to appoint a caretaker manager to begin with.
What? Is this a new rule?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

If you can imagine a scenario where Mourinho is praising City or Liverpool and claiming that they deserve to be top, you would want him gone too. I totally get the fact that managers are not as attached to rivalries as fans are, and they may indeed appreciate the work of other clubs deemed as rivals at times. But when the rivalry is as massive as Everton/Liverpool or United/Liverpool, you should respect the fans and keep your trap shut.

It showed very clearly that he didn't think much of Everton at all and considered the club a stepping stone. Such a terrible attitude. Add to that he is a managerial fraud who also took pot shots at United, makes his sacking well deserved.
Indeed. Compare his attitude to Poch, a much better manager who is doing good things but still doesn't come up as a cnut like Ronald.

Nogbadthebad

Yup, can't say I'm unhappy about it.

Less of the sour faced turd appearing on my TV can only be a good thing.

After he praised liverpool last year I don't know how he kept the job before, or how he gets in and out the stadium for home games in one piece, but hes been even worse this year, and I in particular, remain unimpressed.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

Tbf every manager makes the odd daft comment or two. Not sure that was enough to crucify him for considering he genuinely had a good first season there, but yeah, it does look like he was looking for Everton to be his last job before truly hitting the big-time. When he was doing well with them it looked like he'd get a big job at some stage. There were even people touting him for the Barca job, and it didn't seem too ridiculous at the time. Amazing how quickly things can change.

ash_86

Deserved it. You can't spend so much money and keep the team lingering around the drop zone. I have seen managers been given lesser time than what Koeman had.

redpatron

damn I was hoping he stayed around to buy victor linderlof from us for 35m. oh well, we will find another sucker

saintquin

Supports
Southampton, Harlequins
That picture of Moyes reminds me of the character Sid from Ice Age! :lol::lol:

:angel::angel::angel:

Last edited:

Drawfull

RE: Moyes, there's still a lot of guys there that played under him, and I think only one was actually quoted in the media as to being pissed off with his style of management though name escapes me. I genuinely think that aside from Big Sam or similar, they could do a lot worse. Yes, his following jobs were terrible, but they were literally different teams.

The lack of an out-and-out striker is the bigger problem for whoever comes in. The Dour One will shore them up, you'd expect, with ostracised players brought back into the fold. But the expected revolt from the fanbase could kill him before he's even begun.

That said, I know betting odds are bollocks, but the names around him aren't likely to go there and do well quickly enough, in my opinion; he might be their best option. As much as I'd want the hilarity of immediate failure, I think he'd do OK. And if they dared to keep him long-term, why wouldn't you pick him over 'arry, for example? If he worked out, at least he'd make the club a few quid.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
They’ve had probably the worst transfer window I’ve seen since Liverpool 14/15 or Spurs 13/14. Funny how all 3 were lauded as great windows at the time. Spending money on loads of different players to replace your main main doesn’t work. Didn’t work for Pool replacing Suarez or Spurs replacing Bale. Fergie was actually right to replace Ronaldo by making Rooney the central figure and buying Valencia to supply him.

Absolutely clueless spending from Koeman and he deserves to be sacked.

Vaibhav Kulkarni

Had no idea that premier league didn't allowed it mid season. But I guess the manager can resign and then take other job in premier league.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I've not heard of this rule. Can you provide a link for this?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
You might just get your wish!

Unless Big Sam turns up out of nowhere?
They're in the relegation zone now so the alerts gone out for Sam to answer the call!
Hasn’t big Sam already said that he has no interest in returning to the PL. I think he’s got half an eye on the US job

M15 Red.

Glad he's finally recieved his marching orders. 24 years too late but better late than never. Cheerio, Ronald.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
It was only a matter of time. The instant he bought Rooney, he began to dig his own grave. He lost a lot of credibility with that transfer. But I agree, Rooney was not his only failure....

CapitalismSucks

Supports
Spurs
It's actually amazing coming to think of it. Not many (players+managers) have left Southampton to become at success elsewhere. Pochettino is about the only one. Anyway, Everton are usually good at nicking points off City, so I hope Everton soon will be back to being Everton.
That`s harsh on Wanyama. Definately a success I`d say. I`m sure the bindippers are fairly happy with Lallana when fit. Going back a few years, I think Bale could be deemed a success after leaving Soton too... Not Walcott though... Just almost good enough. But yes, except from those mentioned and others I might have forgotten, I`m sure you`re correct. It`s amazing.
Please don`t hit me back with an even longer list of flops...

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I've not heard of this rule. Can you provide a link for this?
Sorry to you and others, but I can't, I just remember reading that the PL chairmen had agreed it. So the question is, have any PL managers changed clubs in the last few years mid-season, as opposed to at season-end?

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
That`s harsh on Wanyama. Definately a success I`d say. I`m sure the bindippers are fairly happy with Lallana when fit. Going back a few years, I think Bale could be deemed a success after leaving Soton too... Not Walcott though... Just almost good enough. But yes, except from those mentioned and others I might have forgotten, I`m sure you`re correct. It`s amazing.
Please don`t hit me back with an even longer list of flops...
Ah, forgot about Wanayama. I was sure I forgot one or two. I didn't include Bale on purpose since it seems ages ago he left. Anyway, my apologies. Didn't mean to turn this into a thread about Saints.

Dan

Sorry to you and others, but I can't, I just remember reading that the PL chairmen had agreed it. So the question is, have any PL managers changed clubs in the last few years mid-season, as opposed to at season-end?
Pardew, Newcastle to Palace January 2015

leontas

Give it to Moyes till March and then Giggsy till the end of the season!

::sonny::

He has been always a mediocre one, memorables are the disasters he did at Psv and Valencia

He is an amateur

Now finally we have a complete dutch manager free league

Last edited:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
They have played the worst football in the league (or thereabouts)

Acole9

Outstanding
He has been always a mediocre one, memorables are the disasters he did at Psv and Valencia

He is an amateur
Exactly what I've been thinking recently. Everyone last season was saying he should be managing Barcelona or Arsenal and seemed to glaze over the fact he's been sacked from multiple sides (Add Benfica to the two you've already mentioned) Complete fraud of a manager.