Everton Vs Reserves

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&newsid=6640874

Edwin van der Sar starts for the Reserves at Everton on Tuesday evening, as he prepares for his first competitive action of the season.

The veteran Dutch goalkeeper has been out of action since breaking his hand in August's pre-season penalty shootout against Bayern Munich, but is ready to return after training over recent weeks.

Tuesday's trip to the Stobart Stadium, Halton in Widnes will be shown live on MUTV. Coverage begins at 18:30 BST, half an hour before kick-off.

Edwin is the highest-profile member of the Reserves squad chosen by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Warren Joyce, although there are other members who can boast first team experience.

A back four consisting of Fabio, Corry Evans, Oliver Gill and Joe Dudgeon sits behind a midfield of Oliver Norwood, Matty James, Magnus Eikrem and Robbie Brady.

Upfront, Kiko Macheda and Joshua King - the Reds' most recent first team debutant - lead the line. On the bench, substitute goalkeeper Ben Amos is joined by Scott Wootton, Febian Brandy and William Keane.

Going to miss it...:(

Decotron

Apart from the defense thats a a very good team. Another excuse to leave work early!!!

2 out of the last 4 games were streamed aswell for those who dont have MUTV. Will post the link later if the guy bothers to stream this one aswell.

Heres to King scoring a hatrick and forcing his way into the
first team squad :devil:

prateik

keane in the reserves ..
has he played for the reserves before .. i thought he was a kid

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Good to see VDS back.. I fear for Foster.. I doubt he will play against Bolton on the 17th if VDS gets through this game without any problems..

datura

It's Keane's first involvement as far as I am aware and reward for some good performances for the Academy. Ole seems to be involving at least 1 Academy player on the bench per match - It was Cofie and Brady the week before, Tunnicliffe previous to that. A good chance to give them a taste at a higher level and see how they react.

Striker10

keane in the reserves ..
has he played for the reserves before .. i thought he was a kid
at datura says it is his first and he is a kid. He's quite skinny BUT he's technically very good. He's what i'd think of as an outsider because you look at him and think the wind will blow him over

However, I like him as a player.

Striker10

Apart from the defense thats a a very good team. Another excuse to leave work early!!!

2 out of the last 4 games were streamed aswell for those who dont have MUTV. Will post the link later if the guy bothers to stream this one aswell.

Heres to King scoring a hatrick and forcing his way into the
first team squad :devil:
The link would be great and am disappointed to miss kings hat trick ;)

Hoping for a big game from kiko too though he has 3 goals this season so not too bad. Should have had 4 with his back heeled effort against liverpool. I also hope brady shows his quality from the wing

Widnes

Think I may pop down and watch this, only a 15min walk from my house and will probably only be a few quid to get in.

twitter thread suggester
Am I the only one who can't connect to UltraSurf's server?

championo

Top Stalker
I am watching Kiko very closely. He is not exerting himself at all. King is really applying pressure to the defenders when he does not have the ball whiles Kiko is just strolling around. Throws arms up when he does not get a good pass instead of coming back to help the team defend.
Kiko must check attitude or else King will take his place very quickly.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Only just started watching, what happened to Fabio? Just heard the commentator say he was down for minutes.

championo

Top Stalker
Everton are set up to frustrate us, but Norwood James Eikrem Brady are playing like the first team did in the first half against Sunderland.
They are not playing well so Kiko has to leave king all by himself to come back for the ball

Scholesy

I am watching Kiko very closely. He is not exerting himself at all. King is really applying pressure to the defenders when he does not have the ball whiles Kiko is just strolling around. Throws arms up when he does not get a good pass instead of coming back to help the team defend.
Kiko is an embarressment to be honest. I really hope we get rid of him. He isnt that good either.

championo

Top Stalker
Kiko is an embarressment to be honest. I really hope we get rid of him. He isnt that good either.
Wait wait a minute, he is not an embarrassment, What the hell is this? What are you on about? The reserves is not the place for this kind of talk. Yes, players are to do well, but the coaches are looking at different things.

jb8521

Think Machedas playing well myself hes had some lovely touches and passes and has been the only one so far that looks like making anything happen

jb8521

Wow a controversial opinion for the sake of controversy from you how fecking original

championo

Top Stalker
Think Machedas playing well myself hes had some lovely touches and passes and has been the only one so far that looks like making anything happen
Sometimes, when the midfield is not doing well, it makes the strikers look bad. So you reckon Macheda is doing that well? Sometimes one needs to change their perspective. I guess I am expecting a bit more from him and should lower my expectation.

Scholesy

I actually hope he does fail. Probably the first time I have felt this way. Horrible attitude.

Would hate to see him in our first team permanently. I cant stand the sight of him.

And also, hes invisible every match I watch him. He is a natural goalscorer, but his all round play is hurrendous.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
I actually hope he does fail. Probably the first time I have felt this way. Horrible attitude.

Would hate to see him in our first team permanently. I cant stand the sight of him.

And also, hes invisible every match I watch him. He is a natural goalscorer, but his all round play is hurrendous.
You really are a spastic, aren't you? Also, your spelling of horrendous is atrocious.

jb8521

Sometimes, when the midfield is not doing well, it makes the strikers look bad. So you reckon Macheda is doing that well? Sometimes one needs to change their perspective. I guess I am expecting a bit more from him and should lower my expectation.
I didnt say he has been brilliant or anything I said he is looking like making something happen. He has linked up play quite well and his touch and passing has been better than it has in recent games. I dont know what your expectations are but maybe you shouldnt criticise a lad who has only turned 18 and has done nothing wrong in the match