F1 2024 Season

pauldyson1uk

Max Verstappen wants Formula 1 rules changed after two of his biggest rivals were punished last year.

FIA officials found too much plank wear on the underneath of Lewis Hamilton and Charles Leclerc's cars after the United States Grand Prix. As a result, they were disqualified and stripped of the points they thought they had won.

Excessive plank wear is an indicator that a car is being run too low to the ground. But in this case, the fact the Circuit of the Americas track is particularly bumpy and the use of the Sprint format that weekend were significant factors.

Parc ferme rules meant teams were stuck with their set-ups after just one practice session on Friday. And so even though a potential issue was spotted after qualifying, Mercedes and Ferrari were powerless to do anything about it without triggering a pit lane start for their drivers.

Verstappen is not convinced this rule is fair. Even though he did not fall foul of it and benefitted from his rivals losing their results and points, the Red Bull racer feels parc ferme rules need to be tweaked to avoid repeats in the future.

"After the first practice, you're locked in," the Dutchman told Auto Motor und Sport. "If you went even slightly the wrong way in FP1, you're stuck with that setup for the rest of the Sprint weekend. That really sucks.

Max Verstappen's stance on F1 rule change after Lewis Hamilton punished speaks volumes (msn.com)

Abizzz

Enjoyed listening to this this morning. Andretti F1 thoughts start around the 52min mark for anyone only interested in that (nothing definitive said).

Rooney1987

Guenther Steiner officially left Haas. Unless he gets another F1 job I do hope Sky pick him up. Everyone already making Netflix being gutted jokes but seriously he's very knowledgeable and entertaining.

F-Red

Simone Resta leaving Haas is more of a surprise tbh. I imagine the Andretti hawks will be circling Gene Haas very quickly.

Abizzz

He was the principle, it was his role to improve the team and haas have been a waste of grid space for ages. Good riddance. Hopefully take some DTS viewers with you wherever you go.

The Firestarter

He's the fecking principle, it's his role to improve the team and haas have been a waste of grid space for ages. Good riddance. Hopefully take some DTS viewers with you wherever you go.
Good luck improving with that budget.

dinostar77

Simulator runs of W15 are positive (so far). Anthony Davidson describing it as feeling like a car for the first time in two years accorsing to totto wolff.

Also rumoured before xmas that Ferrari have already gained 0.7 seconds a lap with the 2024 car.

2024 could have convergence at front of grid. Or Newey will pull another rabbit out of his hat...

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Simulator runs of W15 are positive (so far). Anthony Davidson describing it as feeling like a car for the first time in two years accorsing to totto wolff.

Also rumoured before xmas that Ferrari have already gained 0.7 seconds a lap with the 2024 car.

2024 could have convergence at front of grid. Or Newey will pull another rabbit out of his hat...
I'd bet on the latter.

pauldyson1uk

I am reading this quite a bit about the W15, but to compete with RB they need to find over a second and thats if RB dont improve what they already have, and I dont think they have not improved.
0.7 would put Ferrari in the same ball park as RB
I was expecting big things last season from both Merc and Ferrari and I was disappointed.

dinostar77

I am reading this quite a bit about the W15, but to compete with RB they need to find over a second and thats if RB dont improve what they already have, and I dont think they have not improved.
0.7 would put Ferrari in the same ball park as RB
I was expecting big things last season from both Merc and Ferrari and I was disappointed.
They will close the gap, whether RB extend that gap again remains to be seen.

The Merc was the most compromised car last season. As it was designed with slim side pods in mind and then the about face to drop the concept. Left them with a sub optimal car.

Apparently they have changed everything on the W15.

pauldyson1uk

bold statement
Former F1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone has claimed that Max Verstappen could have won in last season's Mercedes cars if roles were reversed. The Dutchman claimed a record-breaking 19 Grand Prix victories as he cruised to his third successive World Championship, while Lewis Hamilton ended the year winless.
Max is currently the benchmark in every field. You could also put him in a McLaren, and probably a Ferrari or a Mercedes, and he would still win."
Bernie Ecclestone lands ultimate Lewis Hamilton blow as Mercedes brutally called out (msn.com)

dinostar77

bold statement
Former F1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone has claimed that Max Verstappen could have won in last season's Mercedes cars if roles were reversed. The Dutchman claimed a record-breaking 19 Grand Prix victories as he cruised to his third successive World Championship, while Lewis Hamilton ended the year winless.
Max is currently the benchmark in every field. You could also put him in a McLaren, and probably a Ferrari or a Mercedes, and he would still win."
Bernie Ecclestone lands ultimate Lewis Hamilton blow as Mercedes brutally called out (msn.com)
:lol: that racist old fart.

I recall when he said Hamilton should stop at 6 titles out of respect for Michael Schumacher. Only reason Bernie is still alive is because the devil isn't ready to give up his throne in hell.

pauldyson1uk

Never heard of this guy.

The only driver in F1 history to lose his superlicence for dangerous driving was born on this day in 1975.

But you'd be excused if you've never heard of Yuji Ide. The Japanese driver graduated from Formula Nippon to F1 in 2006 thanks to a boatload of yen and a purchasable seat at Super Aguri.

Leg-End

Crap, again. Maybe one day they will do a street track that actually hits the mark but I doubt it will be this one.

The Hilton

Visa Cash App RB, as an actual team name, what is F1 coming to?

I genuinely had to check the date to see if it was April 1st when I saw the article on Sky Sports! :lol: