F1 2024 Season

hobbers

That has got to be the worst name for a racing team ever.

Abizzz

F1 is in such a great state.

Personally I'll keep calling them RB safety car triggers.

Last edited:

mmmm very good question, I could add a few others.
Senna
Prost
Mansell
Lauda
Hunt
Schumacher and Senna both loved cars with very direct front ends that could be balanced on the throttle, same as Max and Hamilton. Both would be well suited to the top modern F1 cars I think but let's face it, they could drive anything. If either were around now they'd be walking away with it.

Mansell i dont think would be able to manage the tyres with his aggressive driving style.

The one who gets overlooked is Clark. He had such incredible feel and precision. He would have suited modern machinery very well.

RoyH1

What's next? Nescafe Gold Blend Decaf racing team? STEAM Buy Valve Complete Pack BUNDLE racing team? The possibilities are endless now.

Back to the new race in Madrid, god I hate street circuits and this one will use a bit of a roundabout. Jesus wept. I hope they manage to design some overtakes in it somewhere. Interesting though that it's going to be right next to Real Madrid's training ground. I wonder how and if they will take advantage of that?

goalscholes

What's next? Nescafe Gold Blend Decaf racing team? STEAM Buy Valve Complete Pack BUNDLE racing team? The possibilities are endless now.

Back to the new race in Madrid, god I hate street circuits and this one will use a bit of a roundabout. Jesus wept. I hope they manage to design some overtakes in it somewhere. Interesting though that it's going to be right next to Real Madrid's training ground. I wonder how and if they will take advantage of that?
The other side of the roundabout maybe?

redshaw

Something to tell the grandchildren that you drove for Visa Cash App in the pinnacle of motorsport and prestige of F1.

Surely this a windup or it will change after hearing how bad this sounds in commentary.

Counterfactual

One of these names is not like the others...

5 February - Sauber
5 February - Williams
7 February - Alpine
8 February - Visa Cash App RB :lol:
11 February - Haas
12 February - Aston Martin
13 February - Ferrari
14 February - Mercedes
14 February - McLaren
15 February - Red Bull

hobbers

One of these names is not like the others...

5 February - Sauber
5 February - Williams
7 February - Alpine
8 February - Visa Cash App RB :lol:
11 February - Haas
12 February - Aston Martin
13 February - Ferrari
14 February - Mercedes
14 February - McLaren
15 February - Red Bull
Sauber are now called Stake F1

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Not sure if this has been posted or discussed …
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/68094782
Definitely not much of a surprise. When you saw the difference in how Ferrari seemed to favor him over even Seb, I always assumed Charles is to Ferrari what Max is to Red Bull. Curious to see if struggling will pay off for him like it did for the latter. Carlos will most definitely be gone soon though I'd say because it's been clear for a while he wants that treatment as well, and he ll never get it there.

Though 24 will likely be a lot closer up front, I think those committing long term now are clearly putting a lot of faith in the development of their teams with the next set of regs...and as usual some of them will prove to be terrible miscalculations.

pauldyson1uk

Schumacher and Senna both loved cars with very direct front ends that could be balanced on the throttle, same as Max and Hamilton. Both would be well suited to the top modern F1 cars I think but let's face it, they could drive anything. If either were around now they'd be walking away with it.

Mansell i dont think would be able to manage the tyres with his aggressive driving style.

The one who gets overlooked is Clark. He had such incredible feel and precision. He would have suited modern machinery very well.
Agree with everything, well apart from Mansell slightly, yeah he drove very aggressive but I liked that about him, I think he would do pretty well, very well in fact, but I can see your point.
Clarke only seen him in vids nothing of any great length.

Darkhorsez

Definitely not much of a surprise. When you saw the difference in how Ferrari seemed to favor him over even Seb, I always assumed Charles is to Ferrari what Max is to Red Bull. Curious to see if struggling will pay off for him like it did for the latter. Carlos will most definitely be gone soon though I'd say because it's been clear for a while he wants that treatment as well, and he ll never get it there.

Though 24 will likely be a lot closer up front, I think those committing long term now are clearly putting a lot of faith in the development of their teams with the next set of regs...and as usual some of them will prove to be terrible miscalculations.
No shock or surprise to be honest.
Very good driver m, that should have won more races.
Yeah I suppose as what are the alternatives for him and also Ferrari? Just think he is talented to win a lot more than he has been.

Agree with everything, well apart from Mansell slightly, yeah he drove very aggressive but I liked that about him, I think he would do pretty well, very well in fact, but I can see your point.
Clarke only seen him in vids nothing of any great length.
From what I saw and read he wouldn't have put in the effort to learn the car and develop it fully. He turned up, drove a very mechanical car very fast, then went home.

As for Clark, story goes he could drive a shopping trolley fast. If whatever car he was in finished the race it usually finished first.

pauldyson1uk

From what I saw and read he wouldn't have put in the effort to learn the car and develop it fully. He turned up, drove a very mechanical car very fast, then went home.

As for Clark, story goes he could drive a shopping trolley fast. If whatever car he was in finished the race it usually finished first.
Mansell had more to his game than just turn up and race, you dont win in F1 and Indycar by just turning up.
I would loved to have seen Clarke race live.

Mansell had more to his game than just turn up and race, you dont win in F1 and Indycar by just turning up.
I would loved to have seen Clarke race live.
Long story short I grew up around touring car and GT racing as my dad was involved in it, where the people involved did see him live, and all virtually without exception said he was the best they'd seen.

hobbers

Andretti told to sling it with their bid to join then, no surprise

pauldyson1uk

No shock that the FIA have rejected Andretti.
I can see a point nit wanting another team in that has no chance of winning, but FFS teams have to start somewhere, they give the reason, that Andretti has not shown “that it would add value to the championship” and therefore its application “should not be successful”, I disagree I think another team can only make it better, more competitive for the lower teams and we have seen some good racing between them in past seasons.
There is also, some tracks could not accommodate an 11th team ,not sure about this reason,
They have left the door open for 2028 but will they want to wait ?
This is not a bad read.
https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/f1-andretti-bid-rejection-statement-fia-cadillac-gm/

hobbers

They should just buy out Haas. Now Steiner is gone they're looking not just uncompetitive but boring and irrelevant. Dangerous combo.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Value, hilarious. The battles between the early-2010s cosworth teams were hilariously fun to watch. Everything is financial greed.

Abizzz

So who's ready for the inevitable hatred being spewed again online for the 24 season? I'm not.
I'm more than ready to do my part. Personally can't wait to see if I'll take Visa or Stroke F1 side though in their coming fight to use the least power units.

hobbers

Would buying HAAS work , would the FIA not just see it has a FU will just buying a team and block any sale.
Only thing stopping them buying and taking over Haas is Gene Haas. Think Andretti has tried many times before.

But with the failed partnerships with Russian companies and hitting new lows in lacking competitiveness, maybe Haas would finally come round to selling.

The obvious thing for them would be to fully buy out Gene Haas, rebrand the team, keep going with Ferrari in the short term and then look to go with their own Cadillac engine in 2028. And presumably put some Americans behind the wheel.

Last edited:

pauldyson1uk

Only thing stopping them buying and taking over Haas is Gene Haas. Think Andretti has tried many times before.

But with the failed partnerships with Russian companies and hitting new lows in lacking competitiveness, maybe Haas would finally come round to selling.

The obvious thing for them would be to fully buy out Gene Haas, rebrand the team, keep going with Ferrari in the short term and then look to go with their own Cadillac engine in 2028. And presumably put some Americans behind the wheel.
That would work,.