F1 2024 Season

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Welcome to the good side, sir. I don't expect much anyway, as RedBull's dominance is very overbearing but it will be a lovely moment to see him driving in that iconic Ferrari brand.

Dan_F

I didn’t read the article properly and just assumed it was for the upcoming season. The thought of supporting a Ferrari driver is weird.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Why ? Lewis and Mercedes will want to go out with a bang, I doubt very much that Toto had no idea this was in the offering.
I also disagree that Lewis will be second driver this season or at Ferrari.
He's been spending a lot of time at the factory recently and was reported to be all in not long ago then suddenly he's leaving for Ferrari in 2025. I could be wrong but something tells me Hamilton still isn't happy with the progress Mercedes have made and thinks Ferrari will be better positioned in 2025.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
More like 'sometimes maybe not disastrous, okayish, sometimes absolutely utterly shambolic'

hobbers

A story like that would never remain secret in F1 and he's still Lewis Hamilton, being paid to be No 1.

He won't be at Merc, he won't be at Ferrari and you know it. It's like saying Alonso would be second fiddle anywhere he goes, he won't be.
Of course he’ll be second fiddle at both.

Leclerc is Ferrari’s poster boy and he will be dominant in qualifying anyway.

Alonso would be second fiddle to Leclerc or max as well. That’s why he’s been at Renault and AM

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Alonso would be second fiddle to Leclerc or max as well. That’s why he’s been at Renault and AM
The only person Hamilton would be second fiddle to is Max, which is why a RB deal would never happen.

Leg-End

Well he wouldn't be, simple as that. Why bother paying Lewis Hamilton to be a second driver when you have a decent driver pairing as is?

Ahmer Baig

Any coincidence a senior manager from Merc also joining Ferrari in 2025.

Ahmer Baig

Great timing to announce considering the bad press F 1 got from Andretti stuff yesterday.

R'hllor

Ferrari is a place where your neurons die, why on earth you would want to go there :lol:

hobbers

Well he wouldn't be, simple as that. Why bother paying Lewis Hamilton to be a second driver when you have a decent driver pairing as is?
Marketing reasons of course.

Leclerc will be lead driver or he’ll leave, simple as that.

To be honest the whole move smacks as Lewis giving up on number 8 and just wanting to drive for Ferrari for sentimental reasons before he retires

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I dunno, it allows them to focus more on George now.
they still have the issue on whether to spend their allocated motor oil budget on the car or george’s limbs and facial hydraulics.

F-Red

Any coincidence a senior manager from Merc also joining Ferrari in 2025.
Not really, that move for Serra was announced a long time ago and probably wouldn’t swing towards motivation from Hamilton to join.

I also wouldn’t underestimate the lure of working with Vasseur again for Hamilton.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Marketing reasons of course.

Leclerc will be lead driver or he’ll leave, simple as that.

To be honest the whole move smacks as Lewis giving up on number 8 and just wanting to drive for Ferrari for nostalgia before he retires
he may as well. f1 died a while back as a sport. winning it now in your red bull cashapp visa car isn’t quite the same as saying you raced in a ferrari.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I think it was pretty clear that he needed a new environment, when you're still racing at that age you need something to keep the motivation up and I'm not sure he was getting that at Merc of late. Merc themselves probably needed to move on from the annual drama, and Ferrari get someone who has the authority to haul them against the coals when they screw up.

Ahmer Baig

i know hamilton dont control the media, but bad style, that its breaks in the media before him and the team could tell themselves, he should have gotten in front at the factory and told himself, they gave him a car to win titles. Could this news have been deliberately leaked?

hobbers

he may as well. f1 died a while back as a sport. winning it now in your red bull cashapp visa car isn’t quite the same as saying you raced in a ferrari.
True but Ferrari stopped being cool after Kimi and Alonso left

hobbers

Sainz, Alonso, Piastri, Albon, Ocon could all be competing for Merc seat

They're the Madrid of F1 aren't they? Every driver dreams of racing for them one day.

Time to see how good LeClerc really is.

They won't be a traditional 1-2 pairing, they'll be equal to start with. Hamilton is there to push Leclerc to show he really is good enough to be a Ferrari number one, if he shows a hint of doubt Hamilton will quickly take over the top spot.

dinostar77

Suprised by this. Maybe the W15 isnt going to be as good as Mercedes hoped?

If and its a big if, Hamilton can win a WDC with ferrari. He will join Piquet (3 different teams) and fangio (4 different teams). That will be an amazing achievement.

F1 bosses must be delighted, hamilton in a ferrari? DTS figures will go through the roof as will the interest.

Question now is if the W15 can potentially win a WDC, will Mercedes still back hamilton (as they owe him one) or will they switch to russell for 2024?

Bet alonso has already rang totto....

Dannn411

Was beginning to fall out of love with F1 and then this happens. Absolute stunner. Like Messi joing Real Madrid. What could have caused it? Mercedes not wanting to pay him as much as he would have asked for? Possible rift with Toto? Russell?

And of all places, Ferrari who have just given Leclerc a 10-year deal. :lol::lol: :lol:

2025 is going to be something to watch for sure.

Was beginning to fall out of love with F1 and then this happens. Absolute stunner. Like Messi joing Real Madrid. What could have caused it? Mercedes not wanting to pay him as much as he would have asked for? Possible rift with Toto? Russell?

And of all places, Ferrari who have just given Leclerc a 10-year deal. :lol::lol: :lol:

2025 is going to be something to watch for sure.
New car looking as shit as the old one, is my guess.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Well, at least I know now where Ferrari are with their development, when their future moves are signing 40+ age driver. Marketing over development obviously.

hobbers

100% he must be think the new Merc is going to be shit otherwise there's no chance this would be happening now.