F1 2024 Season

hobbers

Haas - carbon fibre
Williams - carbon fibre with blue trim
Stake - carbon fibre with lurid green trim
Alpine - carbon fibre with pink trim

I cant wait to see what CASH APP VISA have in store

These cars look shit enough in their presentations. People cant even imagine how rubbish and difficult to differentiate the cars will look on track.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Maybe they should introduce a rule that x percentage of the car's weight MUST be paint/vinyls
Seems like a no brainer really, it wouldn't stop anyone from having lots of black if that's what they wanted and it would give teams the option to have some fun with it which would lead to more distinctive liveries and much better looking cars.

hobbers

At least 50% of the grid will be majority carbon coloured and that's before we see what RB, AM, Ferrari and McLaren do. Wouldnt be surprising to see any of them also scraping off paint.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Can't even get decent looking cars these days. Sports gone to shit.

hobbers

Would be a good time for Mercedes to go back to silver but no doubt it'll be carbon black again

pauldyson1uk

F1 is considering making further changes to the sprint race format at the upcoming F1 Commission meeting on Friday with the possibility of a second parce ferme becoming part of the race weekend structure. This will come as a relief to Red Bull boss Christian Horner, who described the rules regarding making changes to cars as 'a joke'.

The F1 Commission meeting that took place on Monday already created some concrete changes for the 2024 season with a new sprint weekend format concocted. Under the new layout, Friday will contain the FP1 and the sprint shootout, which will be followed by the sprint race and then qualifying on Saturday. The Grand Prix will remain on Sunday.

According to a report from Motorsport.com, to go along with these changes, teams could be afforded a second parc ferme window. Previously, any changes made after the sprint shootout would force teams to start their driver from the pitlane during the Grand Prix.

The previous sprint weekend parc ferme rules were extremely unpopular. Expressing his frustrations last year, Horner said: "For me, parc ferme is a bit of a joke. You have one session to set your car up. And then the engineers may as well go home at that point.

"So, that needs looking at and that I'm sure was a contributing factor to the ride height issues of the teams that fell foul of the regulations. Effectively, it's just a long run on a sprint race. And there's no real jeopardy to it, there's no real incentive behind it."

The complications caused by the rigid parc ferme rules were put on show for all to see at the United States Grand Prix when both Lewis Hamilton and Charles Leclerc were disqualified after Sunday's race due to excessive plank wear.

F1 considering major changes to rule that Christian Horner blasted as 'a joke' (msn.com)

Rooney1987

Silverstone confirmed for 10 more years, Suzuki was confirmed for 5 more as well. 2024 was the last year for both, considering how the French and German GP talks went was a little concerned so good to see.

hobbers

While there had been speculation about the nature of the allegations, sources say the investigation is set to centre on a female employee’s concerns about Horner’s strict work regime and do not relate to any sexual impropriety.

“Christian had concerns about her conduct and made it clear he was unhappy,” the source said. “She went on to make a complaint about his ‘controlling’ behaviour, which detonated this crisis for the team.”

Another source claimed a deliberate attempt was being made to destabilise Horner. Rumours of a power struggle have dogged Red Bull Racing since the death of Horner’s ally and billionaire co-founder Dietrich Mateschitz in 2022. Last year, Horner played down rumours of a rift with Red Bull F1 director Helmut Marko, 80, as a “small difference of opinion”.

Seems like this is all Helmut's revenge for being forced to apologise for South America-gate.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
While there had been speculation about the nature of the allegations, sources say the investigation is set to centre on a female employee’s concerns about Horner’s strict work regime and do not relate to any sexual impropriety.

“Christian had concerns about her conduct and made it clear he was unhappy,” the source said. “She went on to make a complaint about his ‘controlling’ behaviour, which detonated this crisis for the team.”

Another source claimed a deliberate attempt was being made to destabilise Horner. Rumours of a power struggle have dogged Red Bull Racing since the death of Horner’s ally and billionaire co-founder Dietrich Mateschitz in 2022. Last year, Horner played down rumours of a rift with Red Bull F1 director Helmut Marko, 80, as a “small difference of opinion”.

Seems like this is all Helmut's revenge for being forced to apologise for South America-gate.
i heard horner went off in a typical red bull racist rant after newey informed him he wanted to go to ferrari in 2024 as he’s always wondered what it would feel like to design a car for a worthy world champion like hamilton, and what it was like work with clowns instead of bellends.

Leg-End

Oh look, a Toro Rosso if you sneezed a load of shit sponsors at it.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I kinda like it but at the same time can see it's ugliness :lol:

dinostar77

Genuinely think if Horner goes that team could unravel.

Newey is getting on and although red bull pretty much let him do what he wants he has nothing left to achieve there.

He's always wanted to work at Ferrari but retirement or stepping away from F1 altogether could easily be his next step. From what I understand he is pretty close with Horner and hasn't been afraid to walk away from winning teams in the past when things he didn't like happened (mansell and hill being let go at Williams without his say, Ron Dennis playing politics at McLaren).
Someone correct me if im wrong, but no team principal has won constructors with two different teams before in the history of F1?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I'm mostly curious to see what team is gonna pull something out of their ass again like Merc and RB did when hiding some of the details of their new designs at launch several years ago. Ferrari probably just gonna show exactly what it will look like - as per usual.

Ahmer Baig

Alonso with the Telegraaf:

“I first have to see whether I can determine for myself whether I am still fully motivated and can conform to a team for a few more years. Driving in Formula 1 requires total dedication. If I continue, talking to Aston Martin is the top priority. I feel at home here and believe in this project. But if we don't reach an agreement, then I will be in a privileged position. I showed last year that I am still fast and of the three world champions on the grid, I am the only one who is still available for 2025.”

dinostar77

Alonso with the Telegraaf:

“I first have to see whether I can determine for myself whether I am still fully motivated and can conform to a team for a few more years. Driving in Formula 1 requires total dedication. If I continue, talking to Aston Martin is the top priority. I feel at home here and believe in this project. But if we don't reach an agreement, then I will be in a privileged position. I showed last year that I am still fast and of the three world champions on the grid, I am the only one who is still available for 2025.”
Totto, please sign me....