F1 2024 Season

Just people who don't understand F1. Mercedes have a obvious problem between on track data and simulation/design data. That was highlighted yesterday in FP2, when they made drastic changes to Hamilton's car and went completely the wrong way. Whether they used packer on the underfloor to try to change some airflow, isn't known but whatever they did was the wrong direction.

They are using Russell's car and setup as a benchmark and deviating from that setup to run experiments with Hamilton's car (more experienced driver), to see if they can unlock the cars ability as their off track data says it has somewhere.

They have a problem with something off track, three seasons in and they haven't figured out what it is.

So the average armchair fan won't know about any of this and it will be that he's too old or some other bollocks.

All Mercedes have to do is give him a competitive car, but 3 seasons into these rules they can't manage that.
Excellent post , fully agree with you.

Quite agree with you and the very good post from dinostar77.
Mercedes has made a reasonable step forward in terms of the overall design of the car.
But as you both rightly say, it is the setup that they are struggling to fully understand.

You are right that there is a fundamental discrepancy between the simulator and actual track information. And for some reason it is affecting Hamilton most. George Russell is an excellent driver who is able to maximise the car.
Hopefully this is just an early season anomaly.
I think they are using Lewis to test set ups and leaving Russell.

Because if there was no cost cap they would be blown away in the distance by the other teams who have inflitely more resources than them.
Ah ye we all remember Toyota coming in with billions and dominating for a years... :wenger:

Might relegate F1 to the ''check results on the BBC'' category of sports I follow if Max wins comfortably tomorrow.

So, who is Hamilton going to replace at Ferrari?

He's been loyal to Mercedes but he's basically wasted 3 years of his career waiting for them to build a car he can trust.
Hamilton is replacing Sainz. Unless extraordinary things happen Charles will be at Ferrari for the foreseeable future.

If at some point RB/Max no longer dominates I hope we get another Cinderella season somehow. Have a Williams, McLaren, Alpine or AM win a championship. Forget Lewis, Max, even Nando for a moment and have someone come out of left field.

If at some point RB/Max no longer dominates I hope we get another Cinderella season somehow. Have a Williams, McLaren, Alpine or AM win a championship. Forget Lewis, Max, even Nando for a moment and have someone come out of left field.

9c1b4c5384df73749deb79aa9c089ca00bd66dd3.gif

Some great laps from Sainz, you can tell he has really good confidence to place the car as wide and deep as possible and very much in a groove now.

Let's see if they have the long run pace to stop Perez coming through eventually, I suspect not.

Crazy fire and explosion on Max's car. Wonder if they ll explain the cause later. Surprised they had him drive it back to the pit still. Let's see if Checo can use it his advantage. Feels like it's been ages since we ve seen a mechanical dnf.