F1 2024 Season

dinostar77

Hamilton out in Q1. Mistake in S3 cost him 0.6 compared to Russell's lap. That's poor

dinostar77

Red flag Q2, Sainz drops it on the final corner

Lucky boy, got it started again. Might be able to get back to pits to carry on in Q2.

dinostar77

RedBulls untouchable. They will romp off into the distance tomorrow with ease.

Rosberg was drooling in commentary about how grippy the RedBulls are around here.

hp88

Merc really are a mess, both customer cars running in front of them.

dinostar77

Merc really are a mess, both customer cars running in front of them.
Yep. Hamilton said post qually exit they are still experimenting with setups.

More worryingly for them, the car has 70p of downforce that does absolutely.....nothing.

They have a fundamental car design issues that make no sense.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Such a great/fun sport this has turned into. What a turn around since Liberty took over. Bravo.

Ahmer Baig

@ChrisMedlandF1

Aston Martin has protested the qualifying results in China

I *think* it relates to Carlos Sainz stopping on track but still being allowed to compete in the rest of the session #F1 #ChineseGP

@ChrisMedlandF1
It does. Alleged breach of Article 39.6 of the Sporting Regulations which states:

"Any driver whose car stops on the track during the qualifying session or the sprint shootout will not be permitted to take any further part in that session."

hobbers

Is that rule meant to be for cars which stop and need recovering? Or just any car that stops?
I guess they'll force the stewards to go through and find precedent where cars have stopped but not been recovered and been allowed to keep qualifying

Shouldnt be too hard I'm pretty sure I remember cars stopping on escape roads in Austrias qualy.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I guess they'll force the stewards to go through and find precedent where cars have stopped but not been recovered and been allowed to keep qualifying

Shouldnt be too hard I'm pretty sure I remember cars stopping on escape roads in Austrias qualy.
There must be loads. Plenty of cars spin out in qualifying and continue. It’s far too judgmental to say there’s some kind of time cap on how long cars can be stopped for. The only thing I can think of that’s different here is that the session was red flagged before Sainz got moving again.

hobbers

If Max gets a good start tomorrow he could probably pull out another grand slam.

Ahmer Baig

Ludicrous penalty. So it is six points on Alonso’s license for hard racing

If this incident with Sainz is worth 3 penalty points, why wasn’t Sainz himself investigated for pushing Leclerc off track?

dinostar77

Got around to watching the sprint, enteraining few laps at the end. Dont understand why alonso got a penalty after the sprint. It was really good racing.

Will be a utter travesty for f1 fans if perez keeps his seat next year and isnt replaced by Sainz. Cant remember the last time a driver was so bad in a rocket ship of a car.

BristolRuss

Got around to watching the sprint, enteraining few laps at the end. Dont understand why alonso got a penalty after the sprint. It was really good racing.

Will be a utter travesty for f1 fans if perez keeps his seat next year and isnt replaced by Sainz. Cant remember the last time a driver was so bad in a rocket ship of a car.
He has finished 2nd three times and 5th once so far this season. I would say that is exactly what you would want from a second driver. Horner is on record as saying the seat is Perez's to lose, and I think it would reflect very poorly on them if they got rid of him when he is reliably getting them 2nd place finishes. What more would Sainz bring to the table? They don't want anyone to actually challenge Max.

dinostar77

He has finished 2nd three times and 5th once so far this season. I would say that is exactly what you would want from a second driver. Horner is on record as saying the seat is Perez's to lose, and I think it would reflect very poorly on them if they got rid of him when he is reliably getting them 2nd place finishes. What more would Sainz bring to the table? They don't want anyone to actually challenge Max.
They dont, but the fans certainly do. Not saying Sainz would beat Max over a season, but he would be much much closer and win some races on merit. Would make the domination abit more interesting.

Perez is pulling his finger out, but hes a distant, distant 2nd place. Just doesnt deserve the drive. If RedBull dropped him, who would want him? Williams maybe? Or Haas. Thats the level of driver he is.

BristolRuss

They dont, but the fans certainly do. Not saying Sainz would beat Max over a season, but he would be much much closer and win some races on merit. Would make the domination abit more interesting.

Perez is pulling his finger out, but hes a distant, distant 2nd place. Just doesnt deserve the drive. If RedBull dropped him, who would want him? Williams maybe? Or Haas. Thats the level of driver he is.
I don't disagree with any of that, just that it's not in RB's interest to have a driver that could challenge Max and maybe upset the apple cart. They'll happily take Max winning every race and Perez a distant second every day of the week, despite how utterly boring it is.

stu_1992

Great start for Alonso. Hopefully it lasts. :lol:

The gap to first already though... :(

Edit: not long as it turns out.

Last edited:

Balljy

Alonso pretty much conceding 2nd there to make sure he's got tyres left for fighting Norris.

F-Red

The only thing that’s going to make this race remotely interesting is rain unfortunately.