FA Cup 2023/24

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
As much happiness as a United fan today as the rest of the season put together

Blood Mage

Going to be a Manchester derby final again and we need to get our revenge. We can't let them beat us in a final two years in a row.

LInkash

There was something weird about the way the draw was done, has it ever been done with the pundits just sat around like that before?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We better not mess up as we've got a great semi draw to get to that final.

jadaba

UEFA's bureaucratic new Champions League draw apparently takes 5 hours, Ian Wright shows us how simple it can all be :lol: Also love that they only mentioned the team associated with the number after it was pulled, they could've literally made it all up.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Going to be a Manchester derby final again and we need to get our revenge. We can't let them beat us in a final two years in a row.
Let's get through our semi final first...

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Coventry! Yes! At least City have to go in first XI in the semi now. And two finals for ETH means he's here to stay for a good while yet. Brilliant. :cool:

Klopp's farewell gift to the world? :angel:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Coventry! Yes! At least City have to go in first XI in the semi now. And two finals for ETH means he's here to stay for a good while yet. Brilliant. :cool:

yes it’s clear you really are happy today, yes sir, all went exactly how you hoped it would :lol:

RedRocket9908

You're not bitter are you, you lost to a better team on the day fair and square

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
You're not bitter are you, you lost to a better team on the day fair and square
I said in the match thread Utd completely deserved that. Great match to watch as well and what a finish by Diallo. I expected him to miss that 100%. Mainoo motm for me.

GaryLifo

I said in the match thread Utd completely deserved that. Great match to watch as well and what a finish by Diallo. I expected him to miss that 100%. Mainoo motm for me.
fair play. Mainoo looks a genuine talent.

I thought your reserve keeper had his worst game for you lot today. He’s been pretty solid for the most part while Allison has been out, but looked like he had t-Rex arms for Antony and Diablo goals

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
fair play. Mainoo looks a genuine talent.

I thought your reserve keeper had his worst game for you lot today. He’s been pretty solid for the most part while Allison has been out, but looked like he had t-Rex arms for Antony and Diablo goals
Kelleher is good but he’s not in the same league as Alisson. Gakpo stunk the place out when he came on. As poor as Salah’s all round play was, Gakpo was worse.

Defensively that’s the worst we’ve looked for a while. United did well to exploit our right had side in the first half.

Extra Time was hilariously chaotic. Fernandes at CB, Maguire everywhere, players dead on their feet.

We were done at 90. I’m amazed we ended up 3-2 up.

GaryLifo

Kelleher is good but he’s not in the same league as Alisson. Gakpo stunk the place out when he came on. As poor as Salah’s all round play was, Gakpo was worse.

Defensively that’s the worst we’ve looked for a while. United did well to exploit our right had side in the first half.

Extra Time was hilariously chaotic. Fernandes at CB, Maguire everywhere, players dead on their feet.

We were done at 90. I’m amazed we ended up 3-2 up.
I’ve been super critical of our application and attitude this season, but from getting it to 2-2 onwards I thought it was our best performance in terms of heart in a great many years. When you went 3-2 it was massively against the run of the game.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I’ve been super critical of our application and attitude this season, but from getting it to 2-2 onwards I thought it was our best performance in terms of heart in a great many years. When you went 3-2 it was massively against the run of the game.
Yeah that second United goal was a turning point. The game looked dead in the second half. Rashford should’ve won it with the last kick of the 90. Extra time was yours.

Horrendous game management from Klopp and the team tbh. So many stupid decisions.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Just had a look at the stats from that game for the first time. United had 28 shots! 11 on target. We had 25 and 11.

53 shots between the two sides.

Strachan8

UEFA's bureaucratic new Champions League draw apparently takes 5 hours, Ian Wright shows us how simple it can all be :lol: Also love that they only mentioned the team associated with the number after it was pulled, they could've literally made it all up.
100%. Was hilarious. Keane had likely had a word to his mate Wrighty along the lines of - Covemtry it is or no ‘stick to football’ for you Ian. Reminded me of Rod Stewart’s infamous Scottish Cup draw.

Why did Ian Wright sing Chelsea, Chelsea?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I swear every goal nowadays starts with the other team losing possession in their own third.

Oranges038

What a great weekend of FA cup football, watched most of 3 out of 4 games and they were brilliant cup ties, deliberately avoided City. FA cup in all it's glory and shows why it's still a great competition as all sense can go out the window in just a few minutes.

I genuinely think UEFA now that they've removed the away goals rule should do the knockout stages as single leg ties with everything to be settled on the night. Would make for some brilliant crazy games between top teams. 2 legged ties going all the way to penalties is a so fecking tedious.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
What a great weekend of FA cup football, watched most of 3 out of 4 games and they were brilliant cup ties, deliberately avoided City. FA cup in all it's glory and shows why it's still a great competition as all sense can go out the window in just a few minutes.

I genuinely think UEFA now that they've removed the away goals rule should do the knockout stages as single leg ties with everything to be settled on the night. Would make for some brilliant crazy games between top teams. 2 legged ties going all the way to penalties is a so fecking tedious.
But a lot less advertising revenue so it won't happen

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Imagine another scenario where city could win the treble and we have a chance to stop them in the Fa cup final.

BorisManUtd

So Coventry actually won the Fa Cup back in 1987, did not know that. These semis will be one of their biggest game in decades surely and it's only one game so we shouldn't even be thinking about City (or Chelsea) yet.

jadaba

100%. Was hilarious. Keane had likely had a word to his mate Wrighty along the lines of - Covemtry it is or no ‘stick to football’ for you Ian. Reminded me of Rod Stewart’s infamous Scottish Cup draw.
Just had a watch of the Rod Stewart one, it's truly worlds away from the cold formality of FIFA & UEFA draws. Really hope that silliness is never lost from FA & Scottish Cup draws.