g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

FA Cup Final 2020 - Arsenal v Chelsea

Superunknown

Which is daft really... As if a straight red is a different result to a second yellow!?

But this is VAR so I suppose daft is the name of the game.
It really is such a stupid rule. VAR should 100% be used if there is the possibility of a second yellow card. Complete nonsense that this isn't the case.

This isn't the fault of the technology. It's the fault of the idiots making the rules.

littlepeasoup

Because the lads in charge decided that yellow card fouls can’t be checked because of all the handwringing regarding slowing the game down before it was brought in.
Maybe the compromise there would be only check them if it's a second yellow and going to take a man off the field. Ignores the potential of the first yellow being dodgy though, so I dunno.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Looks like we're winning that We Had a Marginally Better Season Than You trophy after all
That is a nice touch. When I team as low down the table as Arsenal win the trophy no one at the top has to feel bad! And Chelsea don't get to brag about anything at all except the match itself which doesn't matter. We can come back with regular season double.

Castia

Are these the best commentators bbc have? incredibly bad

Djemba-Djemba

It's like AC Milan in the early to mid 2000s with the CL.

No matter how bad they were they just pulled it together for the CL, and that's Arsenal with the FA Cup.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
he was out of the box it looked to me

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was well out the box, no? Why aren’t they checking that?

Why is Taylor reffing for? I thought he has already reffed an FA Cup final and you can't do it twice.
It’s a big deal for referees. They usually have their family there to see them officiate - so it would be unfair for a ref to have this year as their one and only change to be in charge of the Cup Final. Sensible decision.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Are they just completely ignoring Martinez' positioning there? He was deffo outside the box. :lol:

Amarsdd

I don't really like Arsenal but, after how the media has spent the last week licking Lampard's rear end, I don't mind things going their way today. Over the past seven days I have seen pundits seriously trying to make the case that Fat Frank has done better than Solskjaer this season. Would be quite amusing to see him end the season without a trophy, especially if Ole goes on to win the Europa League. Very much looking forward to Craig Burley's reaction if Arsenal go on to win the FA Cup today.
they'll just move on to Arteta's, as they are the world class managers in the league or that seems to be the consensus in the media.

Sylar

So so strange that not even one replay regarding it. Even if it wasnt out, at least show it to show that its a non issue?

mu4c_20le

I feel so bad for Chelsea, they definitely don't deserve all these dodgy decisions :wenger: