FA Cup Fourth Round

Djemba-Djemba

Admittedly only properly watched the first half and only half watched the second half but they were good, aggressive on the ball. They looked better than City in the parts of the game I paid attention to.
You've been watching too many Chelsea games if you thought that was impressive.

Neither side was good, it was a boring match. For an evening game between the top 2 sides in the country it was shite.

cyberman

You're def much closer now you finally have a proper manager and it will be interesting but I don't think theres gonna be a title race, Arsenal by 10 over City and then maybe 5 or 6 to you and Newcastle had I to guess.
That might be true but I honestly believe it’s the schedule that has set up this mirage within the top 4.
Against the rest of the top 4 we have one game left which is absolute ridiculous when we are literally half way through a season. You, City and Arsenal have 3 left. Honestly, if you’re 4/5 points above us after that then you win the league since there is such a massive swing in that mini fixture list on its own

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You've been watching too many Chelsea games if you thought that was impressive.

Neither side was good, it was a boring match. For an evening game between the top 2 sides in the country it was shite.
I take your point but no need for Chelsea to be catching stray bullets here man :lol:

Lee565

You would have never of thought city were the home side with the noise of the home support throughout the game, I only had had realised they were at home when Dixon said aka got a raucous round of applause from the home crowd and thought why would arsenal fans be clapping him and what hearing aid did they have in as the crowd barely reacted to man of the match announcement

AndyMUFC

Yeah wasn't the best game to be fair, City got the win but are still barely creating anything and Arsenal weren't quite the same with the likes of Odegaard and Martinelli being rested for most of it.

Least it's another big side out of the cup.

padr81

Supports
Man City
That might be true but I honestly believe it’s the schedule that has set up this mirage within the top 4.
Against the rest of the top 4 we have one game left which is absolute ridiculous when we are literally half way through a season. You, City and Arsenal have 3 left. Honestly, if you’re 4/5 points above us after that then you win the league since there is such a massive swing in that mini fixture list on its own
It will be interesting to see how it plays out, I think with a real no.9 to help Marcus carry the burden next season you'll be the real deal (and some cover for Casemiro)

George The Best

Might have been a crap game but Arsenal made 6 changes and each of their squad players fitted in pretty much seamlessly. Arteta has been backed to build a decent squad over 3 years and they’re not finished yet. We need to back Erik to do the same, but hopefully over just 2 years. We have nothing like the depth of squad that is really needed to compete on all fronts. Just hope new owners come in and fully back EtH.

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
Not too disappointed, actually more confident now about the title race than before the game. Expected some sort of city backlash, especially with the team selections, but that never materialised.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Sad what’s become of the FA Cup. Remember when a tie between the top to teams would be a ferocious battle? Neither side seemed that arsed tonight.

BEST No7

Not too disappointed, actually more confident now about the title race than before the game. Expected some sort of city backlash, especially with the team selections, but that never materialised.
It did you lost. Your manager certainly seemed to care anyway...

croadyman

It will be interesting to see how it plays out, I think with a real no.9 to help Marcus carry the burden next season you'll be the real deal (and some cover for Casemiro)
Looking at it from an outsider point of view who is the better fit out of Kane/Osimhen for Erik's system,also feel we can get some cover for Casa without spending a fortune

croadyman

Might have been a crap game but Arsenal made 6 changes and each of their squad players fitted in pretty much seamlessly. Arteta has been backed to build a decent squad over 3 years and they’re not finished yet. We need to back Erik to do the same, but hopefully over just 2 years. We have nothing like the depth of squad that is really needed to compete on all fronts. Just hope new owners come in and fully back EtH.
Yeah squad depth we are still around 4 short which would be CB,RB/AM,CDM & ST

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Admittedly only properly watched the first half and only half watched the second half but they were good, aggressive on the ball. They looked better than City in the parts of the game I paid attention to.
I imagine others have responded in the meantime, but nah. Arsenal were slightly better than City in the first half, but both teams were very poor, City particularly so. Second half City came back with better intentions, got the lead, Arsenal pushed for like 10mns after that, City weathered the storm and then seemed in complete control for the rest of the game.

Poor game overall in terms of the quality, especially when you consider the teams playing, and loads of players were having an off night... But Arsenal were really nothing impressive at all. Quite hilarious reading some posts in here trying to turn it into a positive.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Sad what’s become of the FA Cup. Remember when a tie between the top to teams would be a ferocious battle? Neither side seemed that arsed tonight.
Agreed. They said we'd damaged it by not participating that one year for the club world cup thing.
I remember it being a disaster, Beckham sent off, us being forced by the FA to take part, losing to Vasco De Gama or something and the FA cup never to be the same.

cyberman

That’s been City for a while now. Arsenal may have rested players but their structure stayed the same and that alone negated City.
I’m not aware of any City targets this summer but I’ll be shocked if a wide man with pace isn’t top of the list

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Nice strike for the Leeds goal but not sure I agree with keown (who would?) that the keeper had "no chance". I think that maybe he should have got a hand on it. Power might still have taken it in but maybe not

JB7

I'm sure Iheanacho scores in every round of the FA Cup every year.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Looking at it from an outsider point of view who is the better fit out of Kane/Osimhen for Erik's system,also feel we can get some cover for Casa without spending a fortune
I'd agree with that, I think Kane would be excellent not that Oshimen wouldn't be great but his ability to play both on the shoulder and to drop back and hit through balls for Rashford in transition would be frightening, like last seasons Son. The big issue would be whether he keeps dropping into the same holes Bruno likes to fill. Both kinda like to play in the half spaces slightly to the right of midfield but I think ETH could make it work.

All in all I think Kane would chip in with 20+ league goals and make sure Rashford chips in with 15+ as well. Which is a great platform to build a challenge off.

Idxomer

Sunderland are all over Fulham, Amad is doing well but could do even better.

Donut

Damn, Perreira looks class. Diallo showing flashes but not his best game, excellent turn just now.

edit: Should have passed that, very selfish.

suheilsworld

If the luck of the draw continues for us , we might have another good run in this cup. Before the fourth round started, there were only 11 PL teams out of the 32 teams competing. That is down to 10 now with arsenal going out. One of Brighton and Pool will be out too.
Hope we continue our consistent run in the cup games

Idxomer

Don't get how Patrick Roberts hasn't played in the PL so far in his career.