FA Cup Third Round

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It seems your the one who hasn't got it.

Just because you want to be right doesn't make it so
You and I are simply jokers on the internet. The only man that had to be right was the linesman. No one can prove beyond doubt he was wrong. Not even VAR.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Even ex Liverpool players Danny Murphy and Stephen Warnock are saying on Match of the Day that the two offside decisions were wrong.
Didn't watch the game. Who scored the 2 offside goals?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Didn't watch the game. Who scored the 2 offside goals?
Salah scored a goal where he benefitted from being in an offside position, but it was given anyway.

Wolves had a goal ruled out for an offside that didn't exist because VAR didn't have the right camera angle to see that it didn't exist.

glasgow 21

its irrevelant surely whether or not the wolves defender plays the ball? Salah is offside on the cross, so offside and free kick no matter what happens after.
Fan footage is not VAR. The best view in the whole stadium for that offside was of the man paid thousands for that very reason, i.e. the linesman. He called it. VAR could not see that angle so went with the best view in the stadium - again the linesman. They didn't resort to a distorted angle from an incorrectly positioned fan.

If you thought the linesman was wrong then fair enough, mistakes can be made. But there is no REAL angle to prove he was wrong.
Salah playing in anything but a liverpool shirt at anfield is offside ,period.
There is enough information to show the Nunes was onside as the top of his head is in view a milli second after last wolves player heads it so unless he moves faster than superman he couldn't be called offside , watch the match day footage. Anyhow, out of 1000's of decisions made by var the one time it doesn't work the linesman gets it wrong and says more about who we have to referee the match. Also the cameraman was right there covering the corner kick and even match of the day didn't revert to that .

PaulScholes99

@Dumbstar
You are really at first laughing that there are still "people that don't get who was actually offside" just to then say that the "fan footage can't prove 100% if he was offside or not".

Yep, true. And of course VAR can't use fan footage. But the fan footage looks quite clear, and although nobody can prove it 100%, it really looks like Liverpool got lucky there as in this footage it looks quite clear.

2nd picture - quality is bad and angle not perfect, but for me it looks like 99% chance that VAR got it wrong as Nunes looks quite clearly onside. No conspiracy for Liverpool, just lucky.

Verminator

Fan footage is not VAR. The best view in the whole stadium for that offside was of the man paid thousands for that very reason, i.e. the linesman. He called it. VAR could not see that angle so went with the best view in the stadium - again the linesman. They didn't resort to a distorted angle from an incorrectly positioned fan.

If you thought the linesman was wrong then fair enough, mistakes can be made. But there is no REAL angle to prove he was wrong.
We don't even know which header the lino was making his decision on.
If it was the first, then it wasn't a Wolves header.
His great view doesn't come with x-ray vision, does it?

Edwards6

If the linesman was so sure Nunes was offside why didn't he flag when the ball went out to him? He obviously wasn't sure thats why he waited till the goal went in. Yes the linesman had the best view but he still got it wrong. You say there's no angle to prove he was wrong but there's also no VAR angle to prove anyone was offside.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
There was a goal this season when a defender stretched to get the ball but because he was stretching he wasn’t deemed to be playing it.
I wish I remember who it was
Would you be talking about Benzema disallowed goal in the CL final when the ball deflected off Fabinho

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Salah scored a goal where he benefitted from being in an offside position, but it was given anyway.

Wolves had a goal ruled out for an offside that didn't exist because VAR didn't have the right camera angle to see that it didn't exist.
Of course it would be given, its Liverpool.

saintquin

Supports
Southampton, Harlequins
Did it even come off a Wolves head when it came back to him? Would be odd for that to happen
Yeah you're right last touch off the Wolves player.

It just seems bonkers that they can't even produce a wide view camera angle?

It's very fishy. ESPECIALLY with the Salah goal too.
No, the corner taker was offside when this ball came back out to him, but the camera didn't catch it is what they are saying.
I thought the ball had to be played forward for a player to be offside. I've not seen any footage showing that.
So it doesn't matter where the Wolves player was standing as he couldn't be offside!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
@Dumbstar you can’t seriously be arguing those that offside goal was the correct decision? I mean there’s being partisan and then there is that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I like you Dumbstar, you're a good guy, but even you can't seriously think that goal was onside?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
No, the corner taker was offside when this ball came back out to him, but the camera didn't catch it is what they are saying.
This is also what the Norwegian studio was saying.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Any clue what formation Leeds are playing, they seem to have about six attackers in their team.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Any clue what formation Leeds are playing, they seem to have about six attackers in their team.
Yeah, it looks as though every player in front of their back 4 is a child, a striker, or both.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
@Dumbstar you can’t seriously be arguing those that offside goal was the correct decision? I mean there’s being partisan and then there is that.
He was in the RAWK thread the day before acting like United being awarded some legitimate penalties was some sort of FA conspiracy that led to our poor results last season.
He appears to be somewhat disconnected from reality.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
A losing one currently. But yeah, seems poor balanced with little in midfield.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah, it looks as though every player in front of their back 4 is a child, a striker, or both.
:lol:

That's one way of putting it. Was going to say Gnoto looks about 12 but think he's only about 18.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He was in the RAWK thread the day before acting like United being awarded some legitimate penalties was some sort of FA conspiracy that led to our poor results last season.
He appears to be somewhat disconnected from reality.
On the contrary he’s usually a sensible poster whose opinion I generally respect while accepting that it’s going to have some bias towards the team he supports but this is a step too far imo.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Cardiff playing motorheads triple h wwf entrance

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
The linesman is human and can make mistakes. But there is no proof. Bringing up fan cams will just be laughed out of court.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I like you Dumbstar, you're a good guy, but even you can't seriously think that goal was onside?
The linesman saw something that none of us could. He could be mistaken. But none of the fan cams can be used as a basis. The evidence has to be overwhelmingly scientific and not emotional.

cyberman

The linesman saw something that none of us could. He could be mistaken. But none of the fan cams can be used as a basis. The evidence has to be overwhelmingly scientific and not emotional.
What scientific method did the Linesman use?