FA Cup to be broadcast by TNT Sports from 2025/26

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

Selected matches will be live on TNT Sports and on free-to-air from the first round to the final. The new deal will see more Emirates FA Cup ties broadcast than ever before, with every game from the third round outside of 3pm kick offs to be shown live. The Emirates FA Cup final will be available on TNT Sports and free-to-air.

Selected matches from every round will be available free-to-air, and highlights of every game will be made available. Further details of the free-to-air broadcaster will be confirmed in due course.

Last edited:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
That sucks.

Not just it moving from BBC/ITV but TNT is truly awful. BT was far better, and that's not saying much. Plus their app is dogshite.

IRN-BRUno

https://www.tntsports.co.uk/footbal...s-fa-cup-from-2025-26_sto10023595/story.shtml

Selected matches will be live on TNT Sports and on free-to-air from the first round to the final. The new deal will see more Emirates FA Cup ties broadcast than ever before, with every game from the third round outside of 3pm kick offs to be shown live. The Emirates FA Cup final will be available on TNT Sports and free-to-air.

Selected matches from every round will be available free-to-air, and highlights of every game will be made available. Further details of the free-to-air broadcaster will be confirmed in due course.

diarm

Having no live football available to young kids from families who can't afford expensive satellite or cable subscriptions is just such short term thinking. They're breaking that connection we all had with the game at such a formative age and taking the support they depend on for granted.

There was already too little and this latest move will only put a final nail in the coffin.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
These seem to be taking over everything! I miss the CL games on ITV! Fa cup as always been for normal tv. Especially harsh for the ones who can’t afford TNT. Joke really

GlasgowCeltic

Bin off Darren Fletcher, Crouch Rio Joe Cole Savage Mcmanaman and Owen and the coverage might be good

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
These seem to be taking over everything! I miss the CL games on ITV! Fa cup as always been for normal tv. Especially harsh for the ones who can’t afford TNT. Joke really
Looks like some games will be on free TV. Them getting exclusive coverage still annoys me.

Born2Lose

Well worth £29 a month.. not.

Sooner TNT dies the better, they must have lost a load of subscribers when it switched from BT.

Eric_the_Red99

Well worth £29 a month.. not.

Sooner TNT dies the better, they must have lost a load of subscribers when it switched from BT.
I just think it’s weird how the whole premium cable model for sports is still a thing in 2024, given how easy it is for people to watch basically any match for free or much lower cost (no matter how much they try and clamp down on it). It’s as if the music industry was still fighting Napster and insisting people still pay £15 for a CD if they want to listen to music.

Spark

TNT is an outrageous rip off. £30 for shit coverage and what must be the highest £ per match. Bad enough with Sky.

Discovery quickly becoming the big evil media corporation globally.

CallyRed

feck sake. Really liked the fact the BBC and ITV have been sharing the coverage. TNT Sports can feck off.

Crimson King

This is annoying. They only let 2 people stream from one account, so only 1 of myself and my brother can leach off of our dad...

BT let 3, I think. Never used to have any issues.

redshaw

BT sport ran a free to air tv channel on freeview in standard def for a while at the start of their CL coverage, maybe they mean something like that, channel 56 or whatever.

I don't have any idea what TNT is, someone mentioned a TNT box, surely not, we have Sky, Cable, though it might be a channel or series of channels on Sky or Cable.

Really is s shame to see it leave BBC/ITV and lose millions of viewers, it's a nice treat for a lot of people to see PL teams on something people have heard of and have access.

These deals feel like putting football in the top cupboard behind the Nesquik.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
BT sport ran a free to air tv channel on freeview in standard def for a while at the start of their CL coverage, maybe they mean something like that, channel 56 or whatever.

I don't have any idea what TNT is, someone mentioned a TNT box, surely not, we have Sky, Cable, though it might be a channel or series of channels on Sky or Cable.

Really is s shame to see it leave BBC/ITV and lose millions of viewers, it's a nice treat for a lot of people to see PL teams on something people have heard of and have access.

These deals feel like putting football in the top cupboard behind the Nesquik.
TNT took over BT Sports, it runs on the same channels through the Sky Box as BT did.

Wilt

Won’t be signing up for TNT any time soon ….they can get fecked

Oranges038

Having no live football available to young kids from families who can't afford expensive satellite or cable subscriptions is just such short term thinking. They're breaking that connection we all had with the game at such a formative age and taking the support they depend on for granted.

There was already too little and this latest move will only put a final nail in the coffin.
Same has been said about boxing after it mostly moved to ppv and subscription channels.

Football is just a cash cow, people who can afford to pay for these channels now aren't the future of the game.

JB7

So still stuff on BBC/ITV and everything else on TNT? Don't see the problem really.
There won't be anything on BBC/ITV, it'll likely be one game per round available for free on their website or their YouTube channel like they do with the Champions League final and the rest behind the paywall.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
You know what? Fine. They want to nickle and dime viewers until they walk away, let them. I used to be able to watch almost every United game for about $200 per year cdn. Now that is closer to $800. I'm not doing it. To hell with this.

The only way the greed will stop is if we walk away.

ShinjiNinja26

The way things are going I wouldn’t be surprised if they eventually try and put the World Cup on the likes of Sky Sports or TNT. Nothing is safe anymore. I feel for kids of today that can’t sit down midweek and watch the Champions League on ITV. Those were the days.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I really like it on BBC/ITV, endless matches on free to air TV all over the weekend and the upcoming midweek round.

So for the final which rules state must be on free to air I am guessing they'll do some pop up channel like BT showcase when they had just won the CL rights and wanted to keep it relevant to mainstream.

FA cup final tucked away on freeview channel 248 or something, a shame.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Why i truly don't care about a European super league. The FA do not have the supporters best interest in mind when making decisions, haven't for decades. It's what's best for business and that's it.

Red00012

Here was it thinking it was 2024 and everyone has dodgy boxes / IPTV

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The FA Cup used to be an absolute spectacle with build up on both major terrestrial channels from something daft like 10am(?) all the way through to K.O. It was an immense trophy to win and the final itself, the biggest, single sporting event in the country - it would be equivalent to the razzmatazz of the Superbowl for the event and splendour.

Its fall from grace has been an absolute catastrophe; it isn’t treated with anything like the reverence it used to have, so much so, it’s an annoyance and competition teams chasing the league and/or CL will readily dump in the blink of an eye if it interferes with planning for said competitions. It’s only kept its true value when referred to as the set: a quadruple; treble; double and so forth.

This move will further diminish the value of the competition, but it may be too late by now to save anyway. I think the only way it could return to former glory is with an enormous prize for the winners or some kind of gateway to CL football. Apart from that, it’ll remain a relative footnote compared to days of yore when it was essentially our Superbowl, before the Superbowl knew it was the Superbowl.

Castia

That’s just sad isn’t it

TV coverage of football in the UK is a disgrace