FA-Using United...

Lance Uppercut

Because it wasn't purposeful to a television audience, when it is done direct to camera, for the purpose of talking to the television audience then it becomes an issue for the regulators.
So why wasn't it an issue when he did it while playing for England?

Mick1991

If you're referring to my post, I think you'll find that we actually agree. But, at least from my subjective point of view, as a United fan, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone else who's been more affected by this in a negative way.
Nah pal, I agree with you! I was just throwing that out there.

WireRed

Yes actually it is because a footballer during a game brought English football into disrepute, this is exactly what they're supposed to do.
Do me a favour. Who exactly has he offended? Who exactly has complained other than the press and their rent-a-quote nobodies like Poll?

What about foreign governing bodies? The word "puta" is often uttered clearly in front of camaras/at opponents/spectators yet nothing is about it. Meanwhile, we are busy banning people for not using the Queen's English in unplanned, intrusive situations.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I thought they should have fined him and warned him about future conduct. The ban seems harsh, but the conspiracy theories mooted on the Caf are a bit pathetic.
Just as pathetic as you claiming SAF influenced an FA decision regarding the selection of a referee.

Mick1991

Another thing that irked me about the whole thing is that the FA seemed to wait for the Sunday Morning papers reaction before proceeding........

032Devil

No doubt the excitable media reports played a hand in the FA's actions.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
Do me a favour. Who exactly has he offended? Who exactly has complained other than the press and their rent-a-quote nobodies like Poll?

What about foreign governing bodies? The word "puta" is often uttered clearly in front of camaras/at opponents/spectators yet nothing is about it. Meanwhile, we are busy banning people for not using the Queen's English in unplanned, intrusive situations.
I don't care what others countries do, it is up to them.

I know of people who were offended, millions of people out there don't swear, don't like to swear, and don't expect to hear it. I am sure some of them were watching, as I say I am not particularly bothered when someone does in my presence though I make a purposeful point not to do so.

032Devil

I have no sympathy for Rooney

Time and time again he fails to control his temper

He's got previous for swearing at refs, lashing out at opponents, punching corner flags when he gets sent off and spiteful tackles

Isn't it about time he learnt not to behave like a lout?
Your asking him to change his personality. Can you change yours? Especially in the cauldron of a high-pressure situation.

kouroux

The difference being that I admitted I was talking rubbish in the end, something which won't be replicated by many others.
You really are something else.After some time (and many pages) you admit talking rubbish yet you're condemning others of pathetic posting without giving them time to cool off

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
Your asking him to change his personality. Can you change yours?
People are not asking for him to change his personality, they're want him to accept a level of decency. People talk about John Terry being an example of a bad mannered, arrogant, classless individual though he has nothing on Rooney in that respect, hence Rooney does this and no one else.

alastair

ignorant
You really are something else.After some time (and many pages) you admit talking rubbish yet you're condemning others of pathetic posting without giving them time to cool off
Fair enough, we'll re-visit this in a week or so and see how many have backed down.

Lance Uppercut

People are not asking for him to change his personality, they're want him to accept a level of decency. People talk about John Terry being an example of a bad mannered, arrogant, classless individual though he has nothing on Rooney in that respect, hence Rooney does this and no one else.
Drogba.

WireRed

I don't care what others countries do, it is up to them.

I know of people who were offended, millions of people out there don't swear, don't like to swear, and don't expect to hear it. I am sure some of them were watching, as I say I am not particularly bothered when someone does in my presence though I make a purposeful point not to do so.
Hey listen, I live with people who see swearing as the embodiment of all evil yet even they couldn't give a bum fluff about it. You'd need to be one heck of a sensative soul to take offence to it.. It comes with the territory when you broadcast in the manner Sky do, they know that but still took the P*** trying to get their usual more than they bargained for.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I have no sympathy for Rooney

Time and time again he fails to control his temper

He's got previous for swearing at refs, lashing out at opponents, punching corner flags when he gets sent off and spiteful tackles

Isn't it about time he learnt not to behave like a lout?
I'd say there's a 95% chance of him cutting down the swearing after this.

What % would you go for?

kouroux

At least Rooney hasn't fecked his "best" friend's ex (so far).

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
Drogba is not so indifferent to the likes of a Scholes or a Keown on the pitch - yes he goes down very easily which the other two don't though they have a tendency to get dirty. Though like them he is very quiet of the pitch, well spoken and keeps his head down doing his bit for good causes. Rooney on the otherhand is just a lout on and off the pitch.

Lance Uppercut

Drogba is not so indifferent to the likes of a Scholes or a Keown on the pitch - yes he goes down very easily which the other two don't though they have a tendency to get dirty. Though like them he is very quiet of the pitch, well spoken and keeps his head down doing his bit for good causes. Rooney on the otherhand is just a lout on and off the pitch.
Drogba swore directly into the camera. Something that you said Rooney does exclusively. I am certain you were positively fuming at the indecency of it all.

032Devil

But that is his personality. Terry has a different one and he will never change from what he is either.

You thing United staff haven't tried to influence him? He is what he is. You see other players swear all the time. Rooney's did it to the camera. It was that blunt, to-your-face that seems to be upsetting the media hence the FA.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
Hey listen, I live with people who see swearing as the embodiment of all evil yet even they couldn't give a bum fluff about it. You'd need to be one heck of a sensative soul to take offence to it.. It comes with the territory when you broadcast in the manner Sky do, they know that but still took the P*** trying to get their usual more than they bargained for.
As I have said a couple of times I am not overtly concerned though this remains an isolated incident without directly related precedent hence sky should take much blame. Just about every footballer who has scored a goal in the top flight in the last twenty years has had a camera thrust at them though swear right at them is something footballers haven't really done before.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
It's bad alright but to do it with your friend's missus is even worse.It can't even be up for debate
Friend's girlfriend yes, friend's one time girlfriend, since separated, no.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Drogba swore directly into the camera. Something that you said Rooney does exclusively. I am certain you were positively fuming at the indecency of it all.
He not only swore directly into the camera, he openly criticised the referee. A stickler for discipline and respect for authority like TBGB must have been cut to the very quick.

032Devil

I am not asking him to change his personality but merely to control his temper like any grown up learns to do
I don't know many grown-ups who have learnt to control their temper. I travel on the London underground all the time and I see both kids and pensioners swear blind on a regular occasion. And they're not in a high-pressure situation.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Really? And how do you know what Rooney's off the pitch, exactly. Is he a mate of yours?

Or are you just another rival fan having a hypocritical dig at Rooney for saying feck at a football game. In a heat of a moment.

fecking hell.

WireRed

What about Gerrard's clear V salute during their game at Wigan last season? That's a clear case of "bringing the game into disrepute" is it not? He got bugger all off the FA yet our player gets slapped all over the place. Is that justice? No it isn't is the logical answer. And that's what gets our goat, they punish us excessively time and again but the inconsistency of it all is staggering(see SAF cained and others not despite worse/similar offences).

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
But that is his personality. Terry has a different one and he will never change from what he is either.

You thing United staff haven't tried to influence him? He is what he is. You see other players swear all the time. Rooney's did it to the camera. It was that blunt, to-your-face that seems to be upsetting the media hence the FA.
Yes he is, though he has to face any consequences that comes his way for doing so. As I've said, it was precisely that which caught the interest of the FA.