FA Youth Cup Final - Utd vs Forest

lysglimt

Scout
Every single United-team that reached the FA Youth Cup produced several top-flight players (a few examples below from our final-squads after 1980)

1982 - Mark Hughes, Norman Whiteside, Graeme Hogg, Billy Garton, Clayton Blackmore
1986 - Gary Walsh, Tony Gill, Lee Martin,
1992 - a few :)
1993 - still a few
1995 - Phil Neville. Terry Cooke, Michael Clegg and Ronnie Wallwork
2003 - Phil Bardsley, Paul McShane, Chris Eagles, Kieran Richardson, Tom Heaton
2007 - Danny Welbeck, Danny Drinkwater, Matt James, Ron Robert Zieler, James Chester, Corry Evans
2011 - Sam Johnstone, Jesse Lingard, Ravel Morrison, Paul Pogba, Will Keane, Michael Keane, Tom Lawrence

There are no guarantees in football - but historically speaking at least 5-6 of those who plan next tuesday, will play at the highest level

MUW4Eva

Every single United-team that reached the FA Youth Cup produced several top-flight players (a few examples below from our final-squads after 1980)

1982 - Mark Hughes, Norman Whiteside, Graeme Hogg, Billy Garton, Clayton Blackmore
1986 - Gary Walsh, Tony Gill, Lee Martin,
1992 - a few :)
1993 - still a few
1995 - Phil Neville. Terry Cooke, Michael Clegg and Ronnie Wallwork
2003 - Phil Bardsley, Paul McShane, Chris Eagles, Kieran Richardson, Tom Heaton
2007 - Danny Welbeck, Danny Drinkwater, Matt James, Ron Robert Zieler, James Chester, Corry Evans
2011 - Sam Johnstone, Jesse Lingard, Ravel Morrison, Paul Pogba, Will Keane, Michael Keane, Tom Lawrence

There are no guarantees in football - but historically speaking at least 5-6 of those who plan next tuesday, will play at the highest level
It always puzzles me why Phil Neville is classified as part of the "Class of '92", he is such a hanger on with the others who were part of that class! :):):)

Demaw

60k for a youth game, proud of the club and supporters.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Yah but lets hope the kids don't start getting the jitters with such a large crowd.
I was thinking that but works for both sides I guess. At least our lot have played at OT before including the semi which probably had a bigger crowd than Forest have played in front of… this’ll be ten times that. Can’t wait :)

Semi was a really good game, entire team played well … Wolves not bad too at times tbf and could have been 5 or 6-2 but United are solid, good work ethic, good mentality, attack at pace. Love Mainoo, could be an absolute star .. was 16 when semi played (17 now) but you’d swear he was a year or two older than everyone else not the other way round.

https://www.manutd.com/en/videos/de...ghts-man-utd-v-wolves-fa-youth-cup-semi-final

khoazany

The only question is whether Bennett/Fredricson will be fit.

I would be concerned if not as they are our best CB pairing at this level by far.

Honestly not much difference about whether Murray or Pye will play. Murray is more vulnerable defensively but has better delivery offensively.

Front 6 picks themselves. Maybe Forson will play ahead of Mather but I doubt it.

We gonna have Oyedele, Hugill, one of Murray/Pye, Forson, Ennis and Norkett on the bench which is some incredible depth. (And Collyer? Not sure how to fit him in)

Funny saying this after everyone complained about how this crop is average after the first 2 games of the season.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
The only question is whether Bennett/Fredricson will be fit.

I would be concerned if not as they are our best CB pairing at this level by far.

Honestly not much difference about whether Murray or Pye will play. Murray is more vulnerable defensively but has better delivery offensively.

Front 6 picks themselves. Maybe Forson will play ahead of Mather but I doubt it.

We gonna have Oyedele, Hugill, one of Murray/Pye, Forson, Ennis and Norkett on the bench which is some incredible depth. (And Collyer? Not sure how to fit him in)

Funny saying this after everyone complained about how this crop is average after the first 2 games of the season.
In fairness - it looked awful after the first 2 games. And what makes the turnaround more impressive, is that the team that lost 0-5 to Liverpool wasn't that far away from being our strongest side. Garnacho, Fredricson, Vitek, Jurado, Mainoo, Mather and Norkett were all playing

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Does anyone know where I can watch this outside of the UK (Germany specifically)?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I am in the US. If I cannot watch it live, hope to see the highlights.
Hope we get Garnacho to a long contract. Only a year left?
Expires next year but the usual United's contract clause will be a year's option. So really two more.

Kweku Amonoo

The club has overhyped the game. I hope it doesn’t put too much pressure on the kids such that they fold.

Thiagoal

The club has overhyped the game. I hope it doesn’t put too much pressure on the kids such that they fold.
I guess it’ll show which kids have the DNA to play for a top club. Future first team players will raise their game on nights like this imo

K Stand Knut

The need for negativity in any given situation on this forum sometimes makes me wonder what is going on in the world!!!

It’s a prestigious, for the level being played, Cup Final. Just enjoy it and be proud of what is going on tonight.

The club deserve (galls me to say it) a lot of credit for some of the work they have left done with the fans regarding tickets and atmosphere

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
It's a fantastic night and great occasion for all involved. A full Old Trafford for an U18 game.

Hopefully they enjoy it.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Utterly ridiculous that a mainstream TV channel isn't showing this. There about 20 sports channels these days...

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
If anyone could send on a link where the match is on Facebook when it comes up I'd appreciate it.

I'll be looking for myself in any case, made a Facebook account yesterday just for this purpose.

Green Arrow

If anyone could send on a link where the match is on Facebook when it comes up I'd appreciate it.

I'll be looking for myself in any case, made a Facebook account yesterday just for this purpose.
You can watch it live on the FA Player, you need to sign up for an account.

GazTheLegend

Overhyped or not, it's an unbelievable achievement to have 75,000 people watching a youth game, and it does make me wonder how many millions of people will be watching globally now in part because of that. I've signed up to the stupid FA player website just to watch it tonight :lol: :lol:. Just had a look on the United website out of interest as I'm off work today and was thinking about going spur of the moment, but there's literally not a ticket spare.

TheReligion

Abusive
Overhyped or not, it's an unbelievable achievement to have 75,000 people watching a youth game, and it does make me wonder how many millions of people will be watching globally now in part because of that. I've signed up to the stupid FA player website just to watch it tonight :lol: :lol:. Just had a look on the United website out of interest as I'm off work today and was thinking about going spur of the moment, but there's literally not a ticket spare.
I’ve got two!